god help me

by zaminami

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence.

my face
my face is falling apart
skin melting off of it and exposing
the red fleshy interior beneath
the ugly muscle that sculpts that makes up my face

my lips
my lips peel off
the bits and pieces falling onto the ground
scattering and blessing the fire with food
and the remains bleed bleed bleed my feelings out

my eyes
my eyes are exposed
the skin around it melting away until it leaves only
eye sockets and now one of the eyeballs are hanging out by one thread
because of what they have really seen

my neck
my neck is being severed
the muscles and tendons ripping apart slowly
severing my neck from my body and gravity is helping
as the bone in the middle cracks and my neck is no more

my arms
my arms are twisted
the bones breaking and deforming into
twisted versions of themselves, them reaching out
to grab and eat whoever or whatever is in front of me

my heart
my heart is breaking
shattered like a vase thrown onto the floor
i had lost somebody dear and now they had taken
a pickaxe to it and hacked it into bloody pieces

my lungs
my lungs are leaking
they can't work i can breathe no air
my tubes have been torn in half by grubby fingers
and my air is getting sucked into the vacumn that they call the world

my legs
my legs are crooked
i can't even walk anymore
instead i just stumble and fall into the hot coals placed
under my feet by the aliens that surround me

my hands
my hands are claws
they cant hold onto anything like a pen
a soul my life my promises.
all i can do is scratch scratch at the ones that i love

my brain
my brain is rotting
shedding away the happiness that resided inside
and growing back the depression in place
the rot dropping down and burning inside of the acid i am placed in

my body
my body is decomposed
stuck six feet underground inside of a plain wooden coffin
the plainest one that the aliens could find
to stick me under the earth forever so i can never rise again

Radrook wrote a review...

Wow! Those are some very nasty aliens to have inflicted all that without actually killing their target. Makes me appreciate all the measures that are being currently taken against any possible invasion. The title also brings up the issue of why an almighty loving God permits suffering. So I understood it as being the poems primary purpose.

As I began reading of course I was appalled and horrified as the poem intended me to be.
I concluded that the person was either describing what occurred at Hiroshima when they dropped the Atomic Bomb or else was suffering from some type of yet-to-be discovered disease. I also wondered how the person was managing to remain alive or even able to express coherent thoughts while undergoing such horrendous physical alterations. To be honest, that momentarily weakened my suspension of disbelief.

Then further on it was revealed that there are aliens involved. Perhaps placing an I hear a snicker, early on would prevent the reader from having to readjust his perspective halfway.
In short, the hint at the outset that there is someone or something doing the inflicting and preventing a quick merciful death would greatly enhance believability.

I also couldn't help but notice that another reviewer expressed concern about your welfare. Please note that if indeed there is anything you wish to speak about. I am willing to listen via Pm. I also don't feel too well when I miss my meds. So I empathize.

Kind regards
Radrook

zaminami says...

so the aliens represent the fellow humans who inflict pain upon me. also, most people on yws know that i am an atheist, so that makes the title have a whole new meaning. this entire poem was a metaphor of how i feel on the inside. also, the pill situation was that i overdosed on purpose, not missing them...

thanks for the review

Radrook says...

Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry about the suffering and the victimization. I have experienced harassment by humans as we well all my life and sometimes they do appear like aliens of some sort. I had a great uncle who committed suicide by blowing his brains out because a woman he was courting discovered that he was a cane-cutter. He had told her otherwise.

StuckOnEarth wrote a review...

Hiya! Space here for a review.
To be completely honest, I'm glad your back. Your post on Depression scared me and I was worried when you didn't reply.

Now, onto the actual review.
I guess I should start with the title. I liked the use of lower-case letter instead of upper-case ones, because to, to me, it made the poem seem more personal and less professional.
The structure was good, the grammar was fine, and the description was AMAZING. Very bloody and gore-y, physical and metaphorical, and really giving an insight into how you feel, like your falling apart. Like your body is being ripped apart and the remains are being plunged back into darkness.

On a different note, I really do hope you're doing okay. I know that something happened last night with the pills, and I just want to know if you're safe. You can PM if you ever need anyone to talk to.

-Space the Snickerdoodle

zaminami says...

**youre

Also I%u2019m fine. I don%u2019t believe the pills affected me, so I%u2019m fine. :)

StuckOnEarth says...

Whew, that's good. :)

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird