z

Young Writers Society



pleas don't go...

by yuyu33


I can't stop thinking
About the sunshine that you're brining
Into my life
Don’t say anything just hold me tight
Let's look at the stars of the night.

Don’t say a single word
You are what I need no more
Just look me in the eye
Before you say good bye.

You make feel like I worth a while
When I'm sad you make smile
You’re the sunshine in my life.

You are all I need
With you I feel free
To be who ever I want
You the one for me
The only one.

I would be lost without you
I'll never doubt you
Pleas don't go
I just love you so
I wish you would know.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 10087
Reviews: 701

Donate
Fri May 01, 2009 3:08 am
bubblewrapped wrote a review...



mizz_iceberg has pretty much covered everything I was going to say, so I'll just add a couple of general points. Firstly, I think you could probably have condensed this whole poem quite comfortably into a couple of stanzas. Beware of repeating the same idea without adding something new; it gets old fast and bores the reader. Secondly, I'm glad to see you're using more imagery here than in the last poem of yours I critiqued, it really does add to things. Now the idea is to go beyond what first comes to mind (because it's bound to be cliche - it's just the way people are) and finding ways to express your personal experience.

Remember, the trick of writing a good poem is finding a way to say the same old thing in a way that not only accurately portrays your experience, but builds on what has gone before to give a different perspective. Poetry is meant to be personal.

Cheers,
~bubbles




User avatar
317 Reviews


Points: 5120
Reviews: 317

Donate
Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:04 pm
mizz-iceberg wrote a review...



Hello! Welcome to YWS! New member I see. Why don't you introduce yourself over at the Welcome Forum?

I'm going to be reviewing your poem today.
Lets get started on the nitpicks:

You make feel like I worth a while
When I'm sad you make smile
You’re the sunshine in my life.


Insert the word 'me', 'I' and then 'me'. You know where. ;)

You the one for me
The only one.


You're

I would be lost without you
I'll never doubt you
Pleas don't go
I just love you so
I wish you would know.


Please


Alright, now that we have got that out of the way, lets get on the review. Now, I'd like you to know I'm being as honest as possible and I apologize before hand if I'm too harsh. I just want to give honest reviews, as I'm sure those are much more helpful.

First of, there isn't clarity in this poem. there isn't a single idea. What exactly are you trying to describe here? The narrator's relationship with this person, how the narrator feels about this person, and how the person's leaving the narrator, but the narrator doesn't doesn't want the person to go, right?

However, I find the poem confusing some aspects. For example:
Don’t say a single word
You are what I need no more
Just look me in the eye
Before you say good bye.


You are all I need
With you I feel free
To be who ever I want
You the one for me
The only one.

I would be lost without you

I'll never doubt you
Pleas don't go
I just love you so
I wish you would know.


First the narrator is saying that they don't need the person, and then the narrator say the person is all that they he/she needs. Contradicting much? i think you need to clarify exactly what you mean to say in your poem. What exactly are you getting at? What is the focus, the point?

You did not used much imagery, and the the part where you did, it was cliche. This poem is pretty unoriginal. I can't relate to it, and it certainly doesn't grasp my attention as it should. The words are void of emotion. Show the intense love, need and emotions that the narrator is feeling. Show it to us, through similes, metaphors, imagery and descriptive language. There is so much you can do with this idea.

Also I don't like the metaphor of sunshine in the poem. It is very chliche. Think up of something more original that would really show your readers how extremely important the person in the poem is to the narrator. We want emotions, to be grasped into the poem, to feel with the narrator.

Another thing that I find really helps, is showing not telling.
For example:
You make feel like I worth a while
When I'm sad you make smile

You’re the sunshine in my life.


This is telling, not showing. The narrator is just telling that he/she gets sad when the person smiles. Why? What is that sadness like? I want to know the moment, the feeling inside out. Does the narrator's heart ache? How does the person make the narrator feel like their worth a while. What does feel like to be thought as worth the while? What does the person do this to make the narrator feel like that. Show us all this, don't spoon feed it to us by flat out telling us. There's not fun in that.

So, overall I think you're poem has a lot of potential, it's just in need of a point/focus and originality. Good luck! I hope I was of some help. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Keep writing.
-Zehra




User avatar
317 Reviews


Points: 5120
Reviews: 317

Donate
Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm
mizz-iceberg says...



Hello! I'm going to review your poem today, Lets get started on the nitpicks first.

You make feel like I worth a while
When I'm sad you make smile
You’re the sunshine in my life.





It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien