Chasing

by young_artyst

Chasing, Chasing
Ever Racing
Follow the morning that slips away
Waiting, Waiting
Always hating
The Freedom of those who don’t stay

Fighting, Fighting
Never liking
The task that is set out to do
Falling, Falling
Ever Mourning
The lost, the broke, the poor

Standing, Standing
Always demanding
Promises, sacrifice and shame
Morning, Morning
Never Morning
Darkness is here to stay

Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:38 am
PenguinAttack wrote a review...

I, personally, liked this poem =] I liked the way it moved easily through the stanzas/paragraphs/whatever. I also liked the way you made it rhyme in parts. Small issues come in the second stanza;

The lost, the broke, the poor

Possibly (though I may be wrong) "The broken" may fit better than 'the broke' that way the line will gel with the first stanza's last line a little better.

I also had a problem with the last stanza here;

Morning, Morning
Never Morning

In the other stanza's you allowed the repetition to flow into a rhyming word that was not the same, (waiting/hating, falling/mourning) the change in word-type seems out of place to me.

All that said, I really do quite like it =D

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:23 am
young_artyst says...

i've had a couple of people aske what this poem is about, sorry, i should've made that clear

it defines an inward struggle of someone who is burdened with responsibility and yearns to be free and follow their own way

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:57 pm
Meep wrote a review...

It's good that you've got a beat and some rhyming, which is more than I can do. However, there were a few lines that threw of the rhythm of the poem. ("The Freedom of those who don’t stay" in particular; it sounds like you had to force the rhyming and ended up with this weird, awkward, ill-fitting line.)

D'you mind if I ask what this is supposed to be about? (For some stupid reason, all I can think of is the reluctant hero of an oldschool RPG. I'm guessing that's probably not what you're on about.)

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:13 pm
Emerson wrote a review...

Punctuate, please please please. Poetry & Punctuation.

This was way too abstract for me to enjoy. What are you talking about? I have no clue. You're just describe some things, some things I don't care about and don't know about. This doesn't work well for poetry. Poetry [in my opinion] should make the reader feel, should tell them a story, should make them think. It has to do more than just be words in verse, it has to leave an impression on them. The only way anyone learns how to do this, is by seeing it in action. I strongly suggest you read poetry ^_~ It'll help.

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk