The Broken Window

by xalabasteralienx

it's not my
fault

the ball was
flying

I didn't mean
to!

sorry the window's
broken

Crysi wrote a review...

No no no!

WCW is my hero, don't get me wrong. But you see, what he did was create a sort of concrete poem with his style. Look at the stanzas. They form wheelbarrow shapes. That only enforces the imagery, yes?

Doesn't work with your poem, obviously.

It's very hard to pull off this style of poetry, and I'm afraid you didn't quite cut it here. I can't think of a way you can format the stanzas so it will work, unfortunately. I do admire your courage in trying, though, and it was a good idea, if only a little misplaced.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:44 am
Cade says...

WCW annoys me, but that's beside the point.

Short structure does not have to equal lack of meaning. You fit a story into very few words, so congratulations. Now work on actually saying something.

Good luck.
-Colleen

Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:53 am
Emerson says...

This poem is too short. It is like The Red Wheelbarrow, but this is just too short for me... It's too simple, bland, there isn't anything I can get from it.

The poem was inspired by William Carlos Williams' "The Red Wheelbarrow." Same structure.

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:59 am
GingerLizzy says...

This structure was strange and abrupt, which made the poem askew. It made me want to stop reading immediately. But, I like the story behind the poem and think that with a lot... and I mean a lot... it will be a funny piece.

Hope this helps.

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles