broken love

by written_on_my_heart

I know that i'm not perfect,
but you better know I tried.
You'll never get to see,
the many tears i've cried.

Sometimes I don't get,
why you can't see me right here.
I don't know if you know,
but you're my biggest fear.

Accept me for who I am,
that's not too much to ask.
Getting you to notice me,
is not an easy task.

I'm standing right in front of you,
but you can't hear my screams.
Sometimes like you hate me,
or at least that's how it seems.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:58 pm
Kepe wrote a review...

Topic: way overused, unfortunately. The problem with using an overused topic is that everyone has something better to compare it to. Try adding your own original streak to spice it up
Writing: You actually made the poem flow quite well, which is something most people have trouble with, so good job on that note, and as far as I can tell your rhyming worked.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:23 pm
jessiieeboo wrote a review...

This could have alittle more spice in it but other wise very good this doesn't make sence though:

Sometimes like you hate me,
or at least that's how it seems.

Thats basically the only thing I can see that needs to be fixed. Keep up the great work. Lovely work. :]

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 am
cjaques wrote a review...

I really like the flow and mood of your writing. I think it will relate well with most, if not all readers. It could use some essence, start something to make your writing different, and original.
Make it your own, and not a bunch of favorite lines heard previously from other love stories or the basic of every romantic poem. It is a good poem, but a little flavor wouldn't hurt.
Great work.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:17 am

Wow. This is even better than the first one I reviewed. I love it!!

Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:50 am
Aet Lindling wrote a review...

Okay, first off, the grammar. You forget to capitalize "I" in a few places, it seems you do so where there's a contraction. Even you attach "I" to "am" to make "I'm" or something, you still capitalize the I, so it's "I'm", not "i'm" as you put in the poem. Same with "I've", you capitalize it.

This poem is far too cliched, I seriously can quote about half the lines, with only a few words changed, from other poetry like this in different places. The term for this is "emo poetry", basically (this term is not meant to be derogatory to emos, it just describes a poem like this), and while yours is admittedly not as bad as the others, it still falls into that same, "my heart is broken and I'm sobbing and life is so mean to me and I feel so alone", depressed, category.

You should liven this up a little bit, describe what the other person meant to the person talking, show reactions and personality, not just the same old, same old. Seriously, read some of the other stuff like this on here, it's to a large extent, exactly the same as your poem, and it's all done by new members. Not to be mean, just pointing out that emo poetry is a habit most members are broken from by their first couple of weeks or first month in here.

I'd suggest writing something more cheery, to start with. Sad poetry can be very good, but sometimes when you're writing stuff like this, you just need to really jolt out of it, not ease away into something much better but still close to it in a way.

~Aet

Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:34 am
kirstybree says...

This is short and sweet. I like the second stanza. Though some might say a little too simple I like simple. And I think everyone at some point can relate to this. this being said be sure to bring your own spin on a well covered topic.

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS