Tainted Roses

by wordsandwishes

Roses filled with poison

The sweetest smelling blight

Kind words with other motives

Hiding from the light

A dangerous deadly blossom

Regarded with great fear

Is often unexpected

And lures victims near

The action seeping goodness

Is not quite as it seems

Inside of it there's darkness

Disguised with pretty screens

The beauty of the poison

Spreads open like a claw

Beware of tainted roses

Their thorns will cut you raw

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm
WinnyWriter wrote a review...

I like how this poem flows. It has a traditional feel, which, while other, more outside-the-box styles can be good, too, I appreciate the value of traditional, regular meter and such.

On the other side of things, I feel like I have to mention that there are plenty of people who truly do have good motives. Yes, there are those hidden thorns lurking in the shadows of the half-revealed motive, but there are pure, thornless lilies as well.

Well, keep up the good work writing! :)

Rainn wrote a review...

This one is amazing! The rhyming is wonderful! It flows very easy and is 100% easy to read. It tells a good story, and it ends on a beautiful note.

My favorite stanza has to be...

The beauty of the poison

Spreads open like a claw

Beware of tainted roses

Their thorns will cut you raw

Good work, keep it up!

~Rainn

IwillNOTbow2741 wrote a review...

WOW! This poem is amazing!!! There is so much detail, I wish I could write like that.
It's a beautiful poem. All of mine seem like nothing compared to yours!
My favorite part is the last two lines:
"Beware of tainted roses
Their thorns will cut you raw."
The last part is written nicely. It ends the poem without leaving you hanging.
You have a really awesome talent.
Keep on writing!!!

MillarS wrote a review...

I love how much detail you have put into this! I really love how people can twist these words into something as amazing as this! Your descriptiveness is amazing as well! I maily love these kind of poems for their simple yet gripping words and structure. Really amazing piece!

The rhyming in this is really good as well as the structure. It has a really good rhythm to it, something I can never achieve if I attempt poetry (which is little and rare!).

Absolute favourite lines:
Beware of tainted roses
Their thorns will cut you raw.

So simple yet so great.
Keep writing like this!
~ M.S

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 am
PixieStix wrote a review...

Hey wordandwishes! I feel I've reviewed some other works of yours on here--though I don't remember. I'll review this peice for you.

I like how you started off in this poem. The figurative language is very amist, yet very beautiful in foremost. I love how you compared the flowers or blossoms to everyday life--thus the figurative language.

In this stanza~

The beauty of the poison

Spreads open like a claw

Beware of tainted roses

Their thorns will cut you raw

Again, good use. Claw;raw. Very good rhyming. I could've never thought of something like that. I would've put something like "Shaw" Even if that wouldn't have been a word. : P

I like how the flower has beauty and you used that and how in the second stanza, you wrote that the beauty, lured it's victims in, if I read that correctly.

Overall, This is a very well-put piece, keep writing!

~Pix

Pandorax wrote a review...

Your poem is very beautiful and your figurative language is captivating. The figurative language in this poem is a parallel to the visualization. They go hand in hand yet opposite. Good job. : )

~Pandora

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson