z

Young Writers Society



untill you live

by wewinwelose


untill you live your life,
with out having to know whats wrong.
and whats right.
untill you life your life,
with out a care in the world.
untill you live your life,
perfectly with out work.
untill you live your life,
in nothing but perfection.
untill you live your life,
with out a need to worry.
you are human.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
2631 Reviews


Points: 6235
Reviews: 2631

Donate
Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:20 am
Rydia wrote a review...



Yeah the incorrect spelling of until put me off from the beginning and with out should be one word - without. Other than that it's too repetetive and lacking in poetic techniques. It certainly needs to be re-written but the theme is nice. Just spend a little more time describing each point, use a few less points and there you go.




User avatar
381 Reviews


Points: 1144
Reviews: 381

Donate
Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:38 am
Fand says...



It should be "until," first of all--one "l" only--and I agree with everything that Snoink and WM said. Scrap it.




User avatar
694 Reviews


Points: 3454
Reviews: 694

Donate
Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:37 am
Via wrote a review...



Capitalization is your friend, shake hands with it. Other than that, although I like the topic, it wasn't too spectacularly formulated. "Until you live your life" is repeated too often for a poem this length, and I'm not entirely sure it is the right way to put what you are trying to say.

My opinion would be to scrap the poem but keep the theme. Start completely over with a completely different form of poetry and try that.

Happy Editing,
WM




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3491
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:34 am
Snoink wrote a review...



In fiction writing, there is a saying that is "show, don't tell." The same saying can be said for poetry. ;)

Right now, this is a list poem that just lists things of what is impossible for us humans to follow. What I would like to see is more vivid description so that you not only read the poem, but sense what's going on in the poetry, almost as if it's a real, breathing poem.

Anyway, hope that helps!





When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer