z

Young Writers Society


12+

an unexpected sorrow

by waywardxwanderer


life is fragile, precious, gone

a candle snuffer sitting o’er the sun at dawn

clamp a cup over the newly budding lilies of the spring

and watch them shrivel beneath its darkened weight

fragile souls, fragile bones, fragile beaks, fragile homes

shattered at the whims of the water and the cold

foolish mistakes and taken lights

how i wish they had the chance to grow old


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:01 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



Hello! Forever here for a short review!!!

It was a wonderful and a great read! I don't have words to express my feelings. I really like reading short poems. Life is sorrowful... I have a question– why didn't u use caps? Was it intentional? If yes, then also I think u should capitalize the i in the last line. And you should use punctuation marks.

Overall, a very good poem! Keep writing!

~Forever






thanks!! the no caps was intentional. thanks for your review!



User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 287
Reviews: 65

Donate
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:16 am
View Likes
pineapple321 wrote a review...



Hi, Pineapple here for a little review!

Wow, this poem was a great read. It was short and sweet yet made the reader ponder. It sort of told a story as well. Your word choice was excellent and the way you described things was great, too.

My favorite lines were "life is fragile, precious, gone" and "foolish mistakes and taken lights". I liked the first one because life is definitely something that could be taken for granted. I liked the first line because everyone makes mistakes but whether they fix their mistakes or not is up to them.

Your title was also cool, too. I didn't really know what I was expecting so it made the read exciting.

Overall, great job on this. I hope you keep writing!

Signed,

Pineapple






thanks so much!! I appreciate the review :)




If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind