z

Young Writers Society



Where is my radiant sun?

by velvetnight1313


By mistake I put this in the Lyric Poetry... so I just moved it here because it's not a
a song, it's a poem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an opaque night in a superficial world,
Evaded because of my silent breeze.
They all look but do not see;
Reveal to me life's requisition to have known entity;
My chilling essence lingers, frozen in time,
Concealed by my eternal howls.
Do I need to show myself enraged,
Causing destruction and sorrow to be avowed?
Wishing only to bring comfort and joy to others;
I cause my own anguish with desolation.
With my thousands eyes, sparkling with determination,
Looking upon those who share my seclusion;
But is there none to alleviate my pain?
I emerge each day, in hope for that one
To accompany me into ecstasy.
Making my spirit wholesome forever more;
Never judging my dark, ominous manifestation.
I wait for only you endlessly each night, for there is no other
To quench me from my isolation.
The intensity of your passion brings my darkness ablaze;
Ignite me with your consuming blaze.
My silence screams to you, yearning for your presence.
I wait in my lonesome misery;
How long will you make me wait for your radiant sun?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1610
Reviews: 47

Donate
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:40 am
quietloud798 wrote a review...



This is a really good poem, but honestly, I'm kind of confused.
When I read this, I was really sure what I was reading.
To me, it just looked like a jumble of some sort.
Love that you tried to use a big vocabulary, but like the others, it was a bit overkill.
Also, the ending didn't seem consistent with the rest of the poem and your rythmn was a bit off.
Other then that, though, it was fairly good.




User avatar
247 Reviews


Points: 3414
Reviews: 247

Donate
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 am
Searria H. wrote a review...



I really like this poem, but I do have to agree with West. Sometime, it seemed as though you were trying a little too hard. Oh, and the Lyric Poetry section is not for songs. There should be a Lyrics section if you scroll down a bit, and that's where you put songs etc..
Alright, on to the critique.

PLEASE break this into stanzas. It will be a lot easier to read. I realize that it would be very hard to change this poem at this point, but some of your words rhyme, but you have no rhyming pattern. Try to make a constant pattern of which lines rhyme. Now, you have lines 2 and 3 rhyming, then lines 6 and 8, and so on.

Also, you don't have any rhythm, but I'm not sure that you really need one for this poem. It's something for you to think about.

I like the way you punctuated this.

I think maybe you could draw more emotion from a wider audience if you simplified some of the words. The first time I read this, it sort of went over my head until the last few lines.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. I hope you post more soon. :D

-Sea-




User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:12 pm
West wrote a review...



Ello.

I like the whole picture you're putting together here, I'm just not sure on the way you've done it. The varience of punctuation is a really nice change compared to a lot of poems.

You need verses though. A lot of this is quite complex, which makes reading it in such a bulk really hard. Also, I admire your effort to use so much vocabulary, but again it's a bit too much. People aren't going to enjoy struggling to the end line by line with a dictionary at hand.

Good work though, just remember simplicity is a key element in writing.





I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm