12+ Violence Mature Content

The doll

by vampricone6783

*This is a story I wrote about one of my dolls. The actual doll I own isn’t haunted, only the one in this story. I thought it would be fun to write a scary story about my doll.. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

Chapter One-A new house

My name is Victoria Leana and this is my story.

Last summer, I was seventeen and drawing pictures to my heart's content, happy to be where I was, suddenly, my Mom came in, saying:

"Victoria, we're moving to a new house! It's affordable and beautiful!” She gushed too happily.

Mom opened the door to my room and showed me the house we were moving to.

I looked at the mansion in the photo. It looked old and abandoned.

"Are you kidding? That house looks haunted. Besides, why do we need to move? We're perfectly fine where we are now." I said. We really were.

"Victoria, this neighborhood has better job opportunities for me than the neighborhood we are currently living in and the schools there are spectacular. We can make a living in this place!” Mom gushed yet again.

It was no use. We were moving in that house.

I did not like the look of that place..

Chapter Two-The doll

Today was the day. We had already arrived at the front of the house. It wasn’t that far. It was only in a neighborhood next to ours, but Mom made it out to be far away.

I walked inside the dark mansion and went upstairs, to a room that had oak walls, red velvet curtains drawn, matching colored furniture and a black canopy bed.

"Sheesh, why is this room so dark?" I asked myself.

I pulled apart the curtains, which let in warm, welcoming sunlight and unpacked my stuff.

Suddenly, a high pitched voice from behind me said:

"Hi there!"

I whipped my head around.

Looking at me was the creepiest doll ever.

She had curly brown hair, a green bow, a green dress, white socks and white shoes. Her eyes were a greenish-grayish color.

Somehow I didn’t even notice the doll earlier. Maybe it was because the room was lacking sunlight.

"What the heck do you want?" I asked her.

She walked up to me, grabbed my leg and said in a mocking sing-song voice:

"I only want youuuuu."

Just as quickly as she came, she immediately disappeared.

Chapter Three-She wants me

I didn't tell Mom about the doll, I was afraid of what she would say. (And how she wouldn’t believe me, as parents in supernatural stories never believe their kids ninety percent of the time).

So I kept it to myself for the rest of the day.

As night fell and I was trying to forget about the doll and fall asleep, I heard a strange tapping noise in the corner of my room.

I turned on the light.

Nothing.

I went back to attempting sleep.

"HI!" I heard a voice exclaim. It was the doll. She was sleeping right next to me!

The next thing I knew, the doll was dragging me to darkness...the sheets were gone…the bed was gone…it was just me..the doll…and darkness..

... I woke up in a cold sweat.

It was just a dream.

But the message was clear.

She wanted me.

Chapter Four-The nightmare

On the next night, when I went to sleep, I had another dream involving the doll...

It was the year 1864 (I don’t know how I knew that. Dreams are weird.) and there was the house that I moved in. There was a Mom, a Dad, and a little girl who looked like she was only ten years old. The little girl was carrying the same doll that was tormenting me.

The family walked inside of the house, taking the girl with her.

I followed them.

The girl walked upstairs, to her room, and screamed.

I screamed too.

Lying in her room was a closet full of dead bodies, standing behind her was her father, with a bloody axe.

"Shut your mouth, Rose." He snarled.

"What-how?" Rose asked, but he got to work with sealing her mouth shut, her little legs flailing with the desire to escape:

Then, I woke up.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" I asked myself. The dream would have been a lot spookier if I had slept longer, I was sure of it.

Chapter Five-I learn some history

I went to the library, holding my candle, searching the shelves for anything helpful. (Mom doesn’t want me to use flashlights. Only candles, so she can “save money”. Anyway, that’s besides the point.)

I found a book titled:"Shut your mouth Rose:An Urban Legend.”  The title stuck out to me. Those were the words the girl’s father said in the dream.

That was the one to read.

I picked it up and opened it:

“A long time ago, there was a family. A family of three, they had a little girl named Rose and loved her dearly. They got her a special doll too. But her father had a secret..”

I turned the page:

"He was a murderer. He murdered people, because he was in a cult and this cult promised him money and wealth for his family, in addition, he had to kill people. So he did. But he went insane..”

Another page:

"He was so insane that the cult left him. But he continued to kill.He hid the bodies in an abandoned mansion, where no one could find it. As a trap, he moved his family to the place. Little Rose found out about the secret and after killing her Mom, he killed Rose and sewed her mouth shut, so that in death she would never speak of his crimes. Rose’s spirit ended up in her own doll. Some say that the only way to free her is to have another soul possess the doll..”

Oh my god! There was a little girl in that doll?! The soul of a hurt girl?!

I didn't know how she talked, maybe it was some sort of magical power, but I was going to try and free her ghost. No matter what it took.

Chapter Six-I talk to her

"Excuse me? Rose?" I asked in the darkness of the library.

The doll appeared.

"So you know my name?" She asked me.

I nodded.

"You read my story?" She asked. Again I nodded.

"How can you talk?" I asked her.

"I'm not actually talking. I'm using telepathy." Rose said. She seemed surprised. Probably because I was merely asking how she talked and not trying to fight her.

"Listen Rose, I don't want to hurt you. I just want to know, is there any other way to free your soul? Without me? Without putting my soul in the doll?" I asked her. I still didn’t want to be in danger.

"HAHA! NO! THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY!” Rose laughed.

Before she could grab me, I took the doll to a table (There was a table in the library) and tied her to one of the legs.

Chapter Seven-A spell

Rose said there was only one way to save her, but I doubted it.

I called an Exorcist, maybe an exorcist would help. (Mom has a phone book of everybody in the town. She says that she got it from a friend who lives here. Believe it or not, there was an Exorcist’s number in the book).

The Exorcist arrived, it was a brown haired middle aged man. He had some other stuff with him, like a Bible and a candle. He arrived conveniently fast, as if he had been expecting a call like this. Did the whole town happen to know about Rose and were waiting for something to happen?

"What do you need?" He asked.

Mom was still sleeping, miraculously. I didn't know how she could sleep through all this racket...

I got into business and told him about Rose and the doll.

"Hmm..there is a way..but it's not permanent. This spirit is...very strong." He said.

"Just do it." I said, not caring what he had to do.

The Exorcist laid candles around the doll. We held hands. I don’t remember what he was saving, but whatever it was, it drove the spirit out.

"Rose is in the light, for now, but she will come back. This is only temporary." He warned.

I nodded. At least that scary girl was gone..for a while.

Just to be safe, I cracked the doll that Rose once inhabited against the edge of the table.

Chapter Eight-Her Ghost

I went back to bed after getting rid of her. Before I closed my eyes, I caught sight of a little girl with medium length black hair, green eyes, a bloody green dress and a stitched up mouth standing next to my bed.

It was "Shut your mouth" Rose.

She hobbled towards me, before she abruptly disappeared into thin air.

When I dreamed, I dreamed of Rose.

Chapter Nine-She never really left

I lived a normal life from then on, but sometimes when I was home, I would catch Rose following me, watching me.

She never really left.

Mom had never found out about her, amazingly.

One time, she replayed her grisly death in front of me. The lips getting stitched up and everything.

Am I going insane? Is Rose even real? Well, of course Rose is real, I saw her with my very own ey-

"OW!" I screamed, jumping up from the couch. Rose scratched my arm!

Wait, what was I doing? Oh, I was reading this book in the living room.

I picked up the book from the ground and began to read it, trying to ignore the fact that Rose was sitting right next to me and her eyes were following every movement I made.

Chapter Ten-A happy ending..or is it?

I was watching TV one time, when I felt a familiar hand running worn fingers through my hair.

I looked at Rose. She was friendly sometimes, like now. But she could get kind of..creepy.

In fact, I got used to her company. She was a lot better to be around than my Mom.

I smiled at Rose. She looked like she wanted to smile, but couldn't.

Could this be a start of a new friendship?

Pictures of the doll I own (What Rose’s doll is based off of):

Characters in Gacha Club:

Rose (alive):

(This next picture will show Rose as a ghost with wounds from her death)

Rose (now):

Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:05 am
AkuRashomon wrote a review...

Hi there!
This story is the reason why Mom doesn't buy me dolls anymore. Plus, I think, myself, dolls are scary and I'm a person who usually get scared with things. So about the story, I didn't scared of this one actually but the rest of your other scary stories, I did. I don't know why. Although, your story still had horror elements in it, especially something like Annabelle, the movie. The real doll you inspired it from it scary though. I am not really interested with the Gacha Club stuff but I think your designs are nice too. I hope you're having a good day/night. Merry Christmas!

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Lovestrike wrote a review...

Hi vampricone6783!

I love dolls! I collect them actually! =D

Getting into the story, I like the feel of this! It's more paranormal and I usually don't pick those stories up on my own 'cause I am a scaredy cat. This isn't too bad though! It's short and simple, but there are still horror elements. There are very few stories about haunted dolls, but there are a lot of movies! Story fits the topic better I think!

I feel like the POV takes away from the scare factor. That isn't bad though! First person can sometimes limit the possibilities, but it works with this story if you didn't want it to be too scary! I also think that the very short chapters could be lengthened! Focus on detail more instead of focusing on the actions happening.

I loved the ending too! I have a lot of questions, but that's the point of leaving it at a cliffhanger like that. Rose is really cool from what I've read!

— Solstice

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical