z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Roses will bloom-A picture book

by vampricone6783


*This is a picture book I made some time ago. It’s drawn and written all by me. I used color pencils and paper. It’s not perfect, but I decided to share it anyway as a break from my usual type of stories. I will write captions underneath the pictures so that you may see them. I have Gacha Club character designs on my wall. Enjoy!

“I was picking roses in the garden.”



“When all of a sudden, the boys from next door kicked their ball in my backyard.”

(Ignore the fact that I wrote “threw”)

“I threw the ball back at them.”





“But seeing those boys play made me think”

“about Katie. She moved.”





“I missed her.”

“But then I got an idea!”

“I will start my rose garden!”



“She’ll come back!”



“I told my parents my idea.”



“and we were off!”



“I picked the prettiest flowers.”

“And then I planted them.”

“But they died the next day!”



“I gave them too much water!”



“But then I got new plants.”



“and Katie came back!”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 200
Reviews: 0

Donate

User avatar
1487 Reviews


Points: 154417
Reviews: 1487

Donate
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:12 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame wrote a review...



Hey vampricone!

I think this is a really interesting way of displaying your work and I love that you've chosen to share it with us! If you do continue with your art, you could think about setting up a thread on the site where you can post it all. It's a cool way to keep track of your progress over time and means you can keep it all in once place.

In terms of the story, I think the idea that the boys playing reminds her of her friend is really sweeet and the link to then wanting to do something for that friend is also very wholesome. We don't really get an idea of how old the character is but from both mannerisms and the style you've chosen to draw the images (crayon especially) we can glean that she's probably pretty young so the fact they would think growing a garden would help get their friend back makes sense.

I was surprised when the friend did come back because of the garden though. That seems like a missing part of the plot to me, and one you could expand on. Does the friend hear of the garden and come back to see it, or did they simply move away and then come back? Or is the friend returning a figment of the character's imagination?

Either way, this was a fun change of pace from your usual writing and nice to read!

Icy






Katie heard of the garden and came back.

Thanks for reading!



User avatar
4115 Reviews


Points: 257336
Reviews: 4115

Donate
Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:08 pm
View Likes
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm here to leave a quick review!!

Anyway let's get right to it,

On a mission to rescue things from the green room I've run into something of a unique piece here. This definitely is a bit of a change of pace from what we normally see not just in the more obvious thing which is the format that this is presented in but also the general vibe of the story here which appears to be a lot more wholesome than a lot of other pieces that I've seen you produce.

I'll mainly focus on the story here because I am definitely not a person who should really be judging art and so going towards that, there's a surprisingly sort of complex vibe you can draw from this. On the surface it is very simple and given this is a picture book that seems to be the intention. We have someone who is looking for a friend they're missing very badly and despite one mishap they manage to regain the connection to said friend.

But I think there's something almost a little more in how these boys throwing something ends up reminding this person and how the idea of these flowers being planted is what brings the friend back. It almost seems to hint at this other person being some sort protective figure that was perhaps lost somehow and this seems almost like offering flowers to a gravestone of some sort to try and be closer to a person that passed away. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into this but that's something I thought of here.

Either way, overall I really enjoyed this. Its incredibly simple, but its a lovely little piece that does very much put a little smile on your face and from something this short and simple, what more can you really ask?

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry




User avatar
239 Reviews


Points: 16235
Reviews: 239

Donate
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:27 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...



First of all, this is a nice story. It is very unique of how you can draw and then write in words. About the story, I love the bond and friendship of the main character and Katie and how this character thought of planning so Katie, a friend will come back. Continue drawing and writing!






Thank you so much!





Thank you so much!




Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse