12+ Violence Mature Content

Five short stories of the changed (Clowns, Magic, Murder, and Lies)

by vampricone6783

*These are five short stories that connect to my “Clowns, Magic, Murder, and Lies” stories. You can find the rest of the stories underneath my folder titled “Clowns, magic, murder, and lies”. These stories all take place in the past. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

1. At home, you’re safe

Philippa lay in bed, staring out the window, which was open a crack. She listened to the sound of tryhards on motorcycles and airplanes flying in the sky. They weren’t frequent, so the sight of the planes and the dull thrum of the motorcycle was peaceful. Cool air flowed into her room.

Jennifer made her feel safe, but even when she was alone in her room, she felt less like a six foot tall clown freak and more like a girl.

It was so rare, though. Almost nonexistent.

Tears slipped down Philippa’s eyes. Just the thought of it made her want to tear off her skin.

No, she wouldn’t cry. Philippa would listen to the sounds of the world.

2. The making of a monster, the death of Sophia and the birth of Violet

Sophia  felt herself being pulled to somewhere else…the clowns screamed…she couldn’t leave…Violet just wanted to leave the carnival…exist as a monster…feast on those unworthy…

The world spun into a dark spiral.

3. Philippa believed her

“Sometimes I wish that I could just…ruin your life to save our circus. But then, that wouldn’t solve anything, would it?” Violet asked.

Philippa nodded sympathetically, soaking in every word of her story. Violet didn’t have a “family failed circus”, but Philippa believed her. As far as Philippa was concerned, Violet was a human, just like her.

Everything was going just how Violet wanted it to go.

4. The truth 

Nova walked downstairs. Mom was watching TV, curled up on the couch.

“So when were you going to tell me?” Nova asked when she made it downstairs.

“What?”

“That I’m a witch. I found out for myself.”

Mom sighed and said:

“I’m sorry I kept it from you. I just didn’t think that you’d handle it, you were already so frightened of clowns. I didn’t want you to be afraid of anything else.”

“This is who I am. You really thought that I’d be afraid of myself?”

“I don’t know…I was just worried about you…I wanted to protect you…”

“Well, I’m fine now. I know now. It would be nice if you’d help me, since you’re a witch…right?”

“Yes, yes I am. I’ll help you.” Mom said with a soft smile.

Nova wished she hadn’t the truth. That Mom would have trusted at her.

At least she would help Nova.

5. After death

Philippa sat in the corner of her room. The house was overwhelmingly silent. But that was to be expected. Only her ghost lingered.

She felt it, deep within her, that Violet didn’t die. That Violet was something else. That Violet was somehow responsible for Philippa’s death.

And the worst part of it all?

There was nothing she could do about it.

First Impression: These are quite nice. As usual they are a bit small, but I'm always surprised with how much detail and emotion you manage to pack in even to the smallest of these and this is no different.

That's quite the little snippet there. A look into a little bit of distress there, an quite severe one at that as we also look out upon some kind of show. A pretty powerful little scene that one. Definitely leaves you thinking there.

Sophia felt herself being pulled to somewhere else…the clowns screamed…she couldn’t leave…Violet just wanted to leave the carnival…exist as a monster…feast on those unworthy…

The world spun into a dark spiral.

Well that one's a little on the extra short side in terms of what its trying to say but hmm looking at the title and then reading through it you do in fact get a bit of sense of what's happening. I think you manage to tell us a surprising amount through so very little there.

Ooooh that's a spicy one. It starts off looking like we're seeing two people having a nice agreement that validates both of their feelings, but it looks like one of them's trying to just trick the other there if that last line is anything to be judging by there. Definitely a bit of a chilling tale that.

“What?”

Mom sighed and said:

Oooh that's not a confrontation you see too often in one of these, but definitely an interesting one, especially to try and identify the exact reason this mother actually went ahead and produced a lie like that in the first place.

At least she would help Nova.

Hmm for all the betrayal surrounding that in terms of that beginning we have ourselves a surprisingly wholesome little ending where they both seem somewhat happy that at least their witches together and the mom is going to be able to help out Nova there. Definitely a bit of a twist that one.

And the worst part of it all?

Oooooh well that appears to be the aftermath of that earlier story where the trust there led to Violet doing some betraying and it seems it went as far as to just properly end in death there. That's definitely quite an extreme outcome there.

Overall: Overall a nice little collection, I especially that this time a couple of them were linked to each other. I think it ends up creating a bit of a better flow when they are all put together in this manner.

Kate

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil