z

Young Writers Society


16+ Violence Mature Content

Anderson’s story-Ghost House

by vampricone6783


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

*This is the origin of a character from my “Ghost House” stories. This story takes place in the 1930s. The Great Depression was from 1920s-1930s. It’s apart of this story. I don’t know if I did a good job with writing it in the story, so let me know. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*



During the 1930s, there lived a man named Anderson. At the bank he worked at, workdays were weeklong, Saturdays included.

It was early Saturday morning, so early the sun had not yet shone. Anderson was all dressed up, ready for work, as employees had to open up early. His wife, Rosalie, slept peacefully in bed, eyes closed delicately.

He kissed her forehead.

Anderson walked out of their room, holding his briefcase, and headed to the children’s room.

………………………………………………

He wasn’t surprised to see that their door was slightly open. They were afraid to be in complete darkness, so their door was always open a bit.

Helen and John slept in their beds, Helen with her doll, John with his teddy bear.

Anderson blew them kisses.

He wasn’t leaving for war, he would return home. But it always felt like he would never see his family again.

He walked away. There was a job to do.

………………………………………………

Work had been the same thing. People yelling, crying for what they earned, demanding for help. Anderson wanted to save them all, he really did.

But there was nothing to give them. There could only be so much money in the world.

Done with work for the day, Anderson drove back home, to his family.

………………………………………………

When he made it back home, he got out of the car and walked to the front door.

Anderson opened the door and stepped inside. He gently closed the door behind him so as not to startle the children.

“I’m home!” Anderson called out.

No response.

He walked down the hallway, to the children’s room. Maybe they were waiting for him there.

His foot crunched on something.

Anderson looked down.

Right below him was Rosalie, blood traveling from her back and spreading to the hardwood floor. His boot stood over her limp hand, the thing he stepped on.

Anderson jumped back, startled. Who did it? Who killed his wife? Where were the children? What was going on?

“There’s nothing you can do to save yourself.” A voice whispered in his ear.

Anderson turned around. He didn’t want to believe it. He wanted so badly for it to not be true.

But it was.

Alastor, his best friend, the man standing right behind him, had killed Rosalie.

“I have nothing, Anderson. Nothing. I’m running low on food and water. The very roof over my head? I could lose that. All of it.”

“But you have money. You’re storing it away, for your family. I know you are. I can sense it.”

He wasn’t hiding anything. Anderson was trying to make ends meet with his family as much as Alastor was with his own life. Couldn’t he see that?

“I’m going to end this. I’m going to end all of this.” Alastor said shakily. Just then, Anderson noticed the pointed glass shard in his bleeding hand.

“Alastor, please. This is hard on me just as it is on you. It’s hard on all of us. I’m trying to help as much as I can, but-“

Alastor shoved the glass shard in his eye. Anderson screamed in pain, trying to pull it out, but his vision was getting blurry and strange.

Anderson slipped on Rosalie’s blood, trying in vain to remove the shard.

But it was no use. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 1150
Reviews: 122

Donate
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:11 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy wrote a review...



Howdy hey! Gengar here to leave a review! I have not read “Ghost House” but I decided to read this anyways.

I liked the setting of this story! I also liked how you show the main character’s family in the beginning, which makes their death all the more sad.

I think you could improve on adding more emotion. For example:

He wasn’t leaving for war, he would return home. But it always felt like he would never see his family again.


I feel like this paragraph would be a good place to introduce the setting and strengthen Anderson’s emotions. You could talk about common fears in the great depression, such as losing a house or loved one.

I hope my review could be helpful! Keep up the good work!
—GengarIsBestBoy




User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 68
Reviews: 22

Donate
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:42 pm
View Likes
epotts1 wrote a review...



Oh my goodness, I love this story. Please tell me you'll continue it? There is a ton of room for growth and explanations...why did Anderson do it? What was the event that drove him to murder his friends wife? Where are the children? What happened to them? Its weird actually because I just wrote a story about a legend that takes place in the 30s and I find that the Depression and loss of money was a universal stressor that we can still write about today. I absolutely loved this story! Please let me know if you write more! I definitely want those questions answered. GREAT JOB!






I wrote the origins for the children and Rosalie.

They%u2019re under my folder %u201CMore origin stories%u201D. The children%u2019s story is called %u201CHelen and John%u2019s story-Ghost House%u201D and %u201CRosalie%u2019s story-Ghost House.%u201D

You can also read my stories %u201CGhost House%u201D and %u201CGhost House: Part Two%u201D if you want to check them out. They%u2019re under my %u201Cscary-ish stories%u201D folder.

I%u2019m glad you liked it. :)




while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind