Sun and the Moon

by unsterblichkeit36

I am the Sun
And you are the Moon.
I only see you rarely,
But hope to see you soon.

Like night turns to day,
Warm turns to cold.
My heart is like this
It never gets old.

We are so far,
Yet so close.
I am the patient,
You are my dose.

When we are together,
My rays shine brighter.
My heart skips a beat,
As you hold me tighter.

I have a new theory,
It is very clever.
The Sun will be with the Moon,
For now and forever

I am the Sun
And you are the Moon.
Our hearts beat in sequence,
And to the same tune.

Galerius wrote a review...

unsterblichkeit36 wrote:I am the Sun
And you are the Moon.
I only see you rarely,
But hope to see you soon.

boring. no offense, but telling me that you're the sun and i'm the moon means absolutely NOTHING unless you back it up w/ some imagery...or at least deeper symbolism. show, don't tell.

the last two lines of the above section are also pretty bland and sound like they're written by a small kid.

Like night turns to day,
Warm turns to cold.
My heart is like this
It never gets old.

oh no. night --> day. warm ---> cold. think of something a little more original. your readers aren't idiots, they want to delve into your mind a little deeper than what you're giving us

We are so far,
Yet so close.
I am the patient,
You are my dose.

again...last two lines are generic and actually made me laugh out loud because how cliched that is. far, close? this is incredibly shallow so far.

When we are together,
My rays shine brighter.
My heart skips a beat,
As you hold me tighter.

more cliches. rays shining, hearts beating, holding tight. this sounds like a love-sick preteen writing about her crush of the day, not real, true, soulful love.

I have a new theory,
It is very clever.
The Sun will be with the Moon,
For now and forever

oh really? how did you come to that conclusion? don't just throw your reader for a loop...you said earlier you were very far with your love. then what's this nonsense about?

also, cliched again.

I am the Sun
And you are the Moon.
Our hearts beat in sequence,
And to the same tune.

this stanza was actually decent - the first decent stanza in this whole poem, which isn't good.

hope i helped. sorry if i was a little harsh...in the end, it'll be good for your poem. :)

Summerless wrote a review...

This was pretty well written, except you tell us everything. When I read this, I don't feel any emotion or feeling. I can't relate to this. I can only read it. Maybe you can try to express more of what you feel? (It's hard for me to give an example because showing is difficult for me too)

The comparisons of the night and dark, cold and warm, etc. seemed a bit hackneyed, so maybe you might want to omit some of them.

The last stanza was my favorite. :]

Nice work

- Summerless

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:07 am
Miss Slade wrote a review...

I am the Sun
And you are the Moon.
I only see you rarely,
But hope to see you soon.

this first sentence caught my attention right away and I loved it, this did not disapoint! I think I actually started to tear up at the end because I liked it so much

~Anonymous~

xGraceex wrote a review...

I really liked it!
I thought you really put loads of heart into it, like you were really writing about a person knew
i love poems like this, where you compare your own life to other thigs around you, like the sun and the moon :D
i really enjoyed it - keep writing!

vox nihili wrote a review...

"I only see you rarely," Rarely is an adverb-it's garmatically incorrect to say 'I only see you rarely." Try "I rarely see you," Or "I only see you once in a while" Or "I see you rarely," and leave out "only" which would make it gramatically correct because an adverb can't modify another adverb. Besides that, it sounds kind of funny.
Overall, it's a very good poem, and I love the similies. You might try including a little more sophisticated language, or synonyms instead of repeating "see" so many times in the first stanza. Keep writing! :D

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 am

Just tellign everyone that it's edited and i don't have the points to repost right now but i will get to it!

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:02 pm
Demeter wrote a review...

Hi!

You've got a nice idea here, and some good lines, too, but I felt that this piece lacked the wittiness of rhymes and like the ability of surprising the reader. This poem still seems like the raw version, the base on which you're going to build the final poem, if you know what I mean. Most of your rhymes are a little cheap, and it feels like you had to content yourself with a flatter word or expression to make things rhyme.

Examples of that:

When we are together,

My rays shine brighter.

My heart skips a beat,

As you hold me tighter.

I have a new theory,

It is very clever.

I actually think that you could make so much more out of this poems by rewriting and not rhyming it. At least you should try and see how it'll turn out. The first stanza doesn't quite make sense and it really should be stronger and more "Wow!" as it's the very first line the reader sees.

Good luck!

Demeter xxx

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:01 pm
CK Lynn wrote a review...

The way you described love is really different here. Like "I am the patient , you are my dose", making this a good thing instead of the usual alcoholic/alcohol example. I would like to see more than just Sun/Moon repeated over and over in different verses, though. It would be good to add more verses like the 2nd to help fill out the poem. The weakest part, in my opinion, was the first one.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:33 am
angel19 wrote a review...

hiiiiiiiiiii......

On a whole...,i enjoyed reading the poem......
a good attempt and a nice poem

1)i feel you could improve the flow of lines like....

"I am the sun
you are the moon
i see you rarely
but hope to see you soon"

2)try to step up at the language part.i mean try using words that are not so common.

the last stanza is sumthng i jst loved........
especially the line
"our hearts beat in sequence
and to the same tune"....

good luck
keep writing.....

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian