Train Wreck (ch 2)

by twilightxd

I woke up later that day, my mind overflowing with thoughts about what happened earlier this morning. When I came home I found my parents sound asleep and so, I didn’t have to put up with any crap about staying out so late. I had threw myself in bed, the moment I came home and slept for who knows how long. I turned over a glanced at my digital clock. It was 12:49 in the afternoon. I pulled my thick pink bedspread over my head and tried to go back to sleep, but it was helpless. My mind stayed wide awake. I through the covers off and nearly tumbled out of bed. I dug through a messy pile of clothes, spread across the floor and pulled out my black and white bikini. My room was a mess as it always had been. Clothes, books, CDs, magazines, and useless junk scattered across my bedroom floor. I quickly put my swimsuit on and skipped down the stairs, my thought still focused on Sam. I was heading outside to our in ground pool, when my mom stopped me.

“Alex,” she asked. She was in the kitchen making hamburgers.

I froze. I knew exactly what she wanted and I was in for it big time. However, I smiled my usual smile and walked over to her like nothing was wrong. “Yeah mom,” I asked.

She placed her hands on her hips and turned towards me. “Where were you last night,” She asked, her lips pressed tightly together.

“At Sam’s. You knew that.”

She looked at me with disbelieving eyes. “The whole time?”

“Yeah,” I lied.

“But why did you come home so late?”

“We just got caught up in the party. That’s all.”

“Alex, everyone had to go home at eleven.”

“Sam and I watched a few movies.” This was going great. I was almost out of this mess.

“Why did you come home,” she asked.

Crap! Did she really have to know why I came home? “Sam got sick,” I said, quickly. Probably too quickly. I blew it. I stared up at my mom with a straight face, waiting for the yelling to start, but it didn’t. When mom resumed making the hamburgers, I shrugged and went out to the pool. Shyan, my older sister was sitting in a lawn chair, reading a magazine and my two younger sisters ,Lizzy and Molly, splashed around it the pool. I sat down at the edge of the pool and dangled my feet in the water.

“So, where were you last night,” Shyan asked, putting her magazine down.

I sighed. I should have known there would be a consequence from my sisters too, for staying out so later with Sam. There was always a consequence for almost everything I did. However, I would try my best not to spill it to my sisters as they usually forced me to with the rest of my secrets. “I was at Sam’s partying,” I replied.

“Yeah,” but where did you go after the party,” Shyan asked.

I couldn’t lie to my sisters it was impossible. It wasn’t that I didn’t not want to lie to them. It was literally impossible. We kept no secrets from each other because we knew how to squeeze them out of one another. “Sam wanted a ride on my moped,” I told Shyan.

“Where did you go,” Lizzy asked.

“Just to the pond. Nothing new,” I replied, but I could tell that they weren’t satisfied.

“Just admit it. You are totally in love with Sam,” Lizzy protested.

“I am not,” I shouted, smiling.

“Are too,” Molly said.

“Alex,” Shyan asked slowly.

They caught me. It wasn’t that hard I was horrible at keeping secrets, especially from my sisters. “Ok, I’ll tell you what happened last night if you promiss not to tell mom or dad.”

Shyan went over to the edge of the pool and sat down next to me and Molly and Lizzy swam up to me. I held out my right pinky and Lizzy, Molly, and Shyan wrapped their pinkys around mine. “Pinky promise,” they said at the same time.

“Ok, after we nearly drowned each other in the pond, that is when it happened,” I said.

“What happened,” Molly asked.

Lizzy and Shyan stared at me with wide eyes. “You know what,” I told them.

“Oh, my god! Alex had her first kiss,” Shyan shrieked. She pulled me into a playful hug. “My baby sister’s growing up!” I rolled my eyes, Shyan still squeezing me tight with one arm.

“What was it like,” Molly asked with great interest. I stared at my younger sister awkwardly. I wasn’t planning on sharing every little detail with them, but Lizzy was persistent.

“Come on, Alex. Details, I need details,” Lizzy begged. “Was he a good kisser?”

` I shrugged. “I don’t know. I suppose.” I was now feeling irritated and bombarded by all three of my sisters.

“What do you mean you don’t know,” Lizzy half shouted. “How can you not remember?”

“Sorry, next time I’ll take notes for you,” I teased.

Lizzy sighed. Me kissing Sam suddenly didn’t interest her any longer. “Hey, now that your breaking the age limit for going out and doing stuff with boys, does that mean I can,” Lizzy asked excitedly.

“Your eleven,” I protested.

“And a half,” Lizzy shot back.

“Knock yourself out,” I joked. We didn’t really believe that Lizzy could find any cute guys her age anyways.

“Girls, lunch,” mom called from the patio.

We all dashed over to the patio and snatched one of our mom’s world famous hamburgers. I stuffed half of mine into my mouth, so that I wouldn’t be asked any more questions about Sam and me. Mom had gone back inside to eat while watching the food channel as always.

“Ali, can I drive your moped, please,” Lizzy begged.

I thought for a minute while I chewed another mouthful of hamburger. I really didn’t want Lizzy to drive it in case she accidently scratched or crashed it, but if Lizzy left, it would probably be easier for me to sneak over to go see Sam. “Sure,” I replied, once my mouth was empty. “But only around the housing addition,” I quickly added.

“Ok,” Lizzy said, stuffing the rest of her hamburger into her mouth and running up to her room to change.

“Can I go too,” Molly asked.

“I don’t care, but you can’t drive it,” I replied.

Molly laid down her barley touched hamburger and ran up to her own room to change.

“A few friends and I are heading down to the beach. Do you want to come,” Shyan asked me.

“hmm, no thanks,” I replied.

“Oh, that’s right. You wanted to hang out with your new boyfriend,” Shyan teased.

I rolled my eyes at her as she grabbed her towel and her car keys and left. I stuffed the rest of my hamburger into my mouth and ran back up to my room. I quickly threw a blue tank top on and the jean shorts I had on earlier over my swimsuit. I ran a brush through my long brown hair and ran over to Sam’s house.

“Hey,” Sam said, when he answered the door. He looked around me. “Where’s your moped,” Sam asked.

“I let Lizzy borrow it,” I replied. Sam looked confused for a minute, but then that same smile spread across his face. “So, what do you want to do today” I asked.

“Um, I was thinking that you and me could go get some lunch at the Crab Shack and head over to the beach,” Sam told me.

“That sounds great,” I said, smiling up at him.

“Ok, just let me get my bag.” Sam ran up to his room, leaving the door wide opened.

I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. Sam’s house was huge and neat like mine.

“Ali,” Sam’s three and a half year old sister shouted as she ran over towards me.

“Hey Penny,” I cried, picking her up and propping her on my right hip. Penny had short dark blond hair and red chubby cheeks that went along with her chubby little body. Crumbles of some kind of food plastered a crossed her face. In one hand she held a crumbled up cookie. In the other she held Sam’s blackberry. “What do you have there,” I asked her, tapping her hand that held Sam’s phone.

Penny looked down at the phone. “Um, Sammy’s phone,” she mumbled. Suddenly, it started to ring. I held out my hand and Penny gave me the phone.

“Hello,” I said into the phone.

“Alex, why do you have my phone,” Sam asked through the other line.

“Oh, let’s just say a little green monster had it,” I replied putting Penny down and patting her gently on the butt as she dashed off. Sam came galloping down the stairs. I handed him his phone and we headed for the Crab Shack. I grabbed a hold of Sam’s hand and swung his arm back and forth. The sky was gray and gloomy and the wind was harsher than usual, but that didn’t stop us from going to the beach. When we were at the Crab Shack, we found an empty table and looked at the menu. The Crab Shack was an outdoor restaurant with a red canopy over it. It was where Sam and I spent almost every meal during the summer holidays. Normally it was pretty crowded, but today there were only a few people.

“Are you guys ready to order,” Sarah, the waitress that was here every Thursday asked.

“I’ll have a fish sandwich and some fries. Oh, and a Dr. Pepper,” Sam told her.

She turned to me. “I’ll just have a strawberry smoothie,” I said.

“Ok, I’ll be back in a sec,” Sarah said, taking our menus.

“So, the beach party is this Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me,” Sam asked.

“We always go together,” I reminded him.

“Yeah, but this time I wanted to know if you wanted to be my….. date,” Sam struggled to get that last word out.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t we, since we’re boyfriend and girlfriend now?” The beach party that the school had every year two weeks before school started, was technically a summer prom for the high scholars, but anyone was allowed to come. Sam and I were going to start our first year of high school in two weeks anyways.

“Here,” Sam said, handing me a small black box.

“Oh Sammy, you didn’t need to get me anything else,” I said in my sweet, soft voice, grateful for all the thought Sam was puting into my birthday. I slowly slid the lid off the box and pulled out a shell necklace that you found at the beach gift shop. “It’s a shell necklace,” I said, a little confused. I had a thousand of shell necklaces. Sam had given me at least one of them years ago.

“It’s not just any necklace. It’s a promise necklace,” Sam exclaimed.

“What’ does it mean,” I asked him.

“It means that I promise never to leave you or never to hurt you. I want this to last as long as it can, Alex.”

I gave Sam the necklace and pushed all of my hair to the top of my head. Sam carefully fastened the necklace around my neck. I let my hair fall back to my shoulders. “Thanks,” I mumbled, looking down at my necklace. I leaned closer to Sam and pressed my lips against his. When Sarah came back, we quickly broke apart. Sarah placed Sam’s food and our drinks on the table and walked away without a word. Sam took a large bite out of his fish sandwich. I hit him gently on the shoulder. “You’re a pig,” I teased.

“But a muscular pig,” Sam asked, hopefully.

“More like pork chop,” I joked. I took a long drink of my ice cold smoothie. Ah, brain freeze! I quickly pressed my right hand on my forehead. Sam laughed at the weird expression on my face. I took another drink of my smoothie and stole one of Sam’s fries while Sam stuffed the rest of his sandwich into his mouth. “Come on lets go down to the beach,” I said, once I finished my smoothie. Sam quickly pulled his money out of his wallet and left it on the table as I pulled him away.

We skipped to the green lockers right by the beach that was across the street from the Crab Shack. I quickly slipped off my shorts and tank top and shoved them into my locker along with my pink flip flops. “Race you to the water,” I called, dashing off. I had long tan legs and was very fast, but since Sam was almost two feet taller than me, he quickly caught up. I squealed as Sam grabbed me from behind and threw me over his shoulder. I screamed and laughed while Sam spun around and stumbled into the water.

“You need to work out, muscle man,” I teased, splashing him. I rose to my feet and ran away, Sam running after me. Sam grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back into the water. This is the kind of stuff Sam and I did all the time, except now I felt excited and happier than I ever had before. My heart pounded faster than normal and every time we faced each other, I felt the urge to kiss him.

Sam bent over. “Hop on,” he commanded.

I hopped onto Sam’s back, grinning from ear to ear. The winds were even harsher and so, the waves were higher and vary. Sam ran deeper into the water and a giant wave flew above our heads. I shut my eyes tight and held my breath, when the sea water splashed against my red face. He ran into two other waves before he told me to hop off.

“Why? You make an awesome surf board,” I joked, hopping off of Sam’s back.

Sam held out his hand and I grabbed a hold of it, still smiling. We swam deeper into the ocean until the waves pushed us back to shore. Sam rose to his feet and helped me to mine. Our lips almost met, when a loud rumble of thunder startled us. As soon as we looked up at the gray sky, rain poured out of it. Sam and I grinned at the shrieking people on the beach, rushing for shelter. I wrapped my lips around Sam’s and went into another black out. Another rumble of thunder broke us apart three minutes later. Sam put his arm over my shoulder and we ran back to the lockers. Sam tossed me his beach towel and I ran it over my wet body. I threw my clothes over my wet swimsuit.

“I’m hot! Your cold! You go around like you know,” my cell phone sang from my back pocket.

“Hello,” I answered it.

“Alexandra,” my mom shouted, angrily through the other line. “Where are you?”

“I’m at the beach with Sam,” I replied.

“I thought Sam was sick.”

I bit my lip. “He got better.” I knew it was obvious that I was fibbing, now.

My mom sighed in frustration. “Ok, you didn’t tell me you were going to the beach and you defiantly shouldn’t be out in this weather.”

I rolled my eyes. I didn’t see why she was so upset about me leaving without permission. I disappeared everyday without telling anybody and she didn’t have a problem with it until now. “Ok, I’m going over Sam’s house,” I told her.

“No, I want you home,” mom said, still sounding angry.

“Fine,” I groaned, hanging up the phone. I turned to Sam. “My Mom’s paranoid. I have to go home,” I told him.

“I’ll walk you,” Sam offered.

“No, I think I better go alone. It’s not that far and my mom’s pretty ticked off right now,” I sighed.

“Ok,” Sam shrugged.

I strode over to him and gracefully put my arms around his neck. I attached my lips to his and they stuck like hot glue.

“I’m hot! Your cold,” my phone sang once more.

“I’m coming,” I told mom through gritted teeth. I hung up the phone and kissed Sam once more before I ran home.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:07 pm
Monstrar wrote a review...

home I found my parents sound asleep and so, I didn’t have to put up with any crap about staying out so late.

You can make that a much stronger sentence by re-wording it into something like: "When I came home, I found my parents sound asleep. I was glad I didn't have to put up with ay of their crap from staying out so late..." or something similar.
I had threw myself in bed, the moment I came home and slept for who knows how long.
I had thrown myself makes more sense...
I pulled my thick pink bedspread over my head and tried to go back to sleep, but it was helpless.
Maybe the word you want instead of "helpless" is hopeless.
“Yeah mom,” I asked.
Well if it's a question it should end in a question mark.
"that was when it happened...

Geez....ok it's an ok story, but it doesn't really hold interest for very long. It gets boring kinda fast. You should add a little more details and not be so frank with everything all at once. Stretch it out a little.

Oh and not to be a hassler, the rules are you have to have at least 2 reviews before you can post.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:46 pm
SeleneForeverDream wrote a review...

twilightxd wrote:I woke up later that day, my mind overflowing with thoughts about what happened earlier this morning. When I came home I found my parents sound asleep and so, I didn’t have to put up with any crap about staying out so late. I had thrown myself in bed, the moment I came home and slept for who knows how long. I turned over and glanced at my digital clock. It was 12:49 in the afternoon. I pulled my thick pink bedspread over my head and tried to go back to sleep, but it was helpless (hopeless?). My mind stayed wide awake. I threw the covers off and nearly tumbled out of bed. I dug through a messy pile of clothes, spread across the floor and pulled out my black and white bikini. My room was a mess as it always had been. Clothes, books, CDs, magazines, and useless junk scattered across my bedroom floor. I quickly put my swimsuit on and skipped down the stairs, my thought(s) still focused on Sam. I was heading outside to our in ground pool, when my mom stopped me.

“At Sam’s. You knew that.”

“Yeah,” I lied.

“But why did you come home so late?”

“Why did you come home,” she asked.

“Where did you go,” Lizzy asked.

“I am not,” I shouted, smiling.

“Are too,” Molly said.

“Alex,” Shyan asked slowly.

“What happened,” Molly asked.

“Your eleven,” I protested.

“And a half,” Lizzy shot back.

“Can I go too,” Molly asked.

“hmm, no thanks,” I replied.

“Hello,” I said into the phone.

“What’ does it mean,” I asked him.

Sam bent over. “Hop on,” he commanded.

“Hello,” I answered it.

“I’m at the beach with Sam,” I replied.

“I thought Sam was sick.”

“I’ll walk you,” Sam offered.

“Ok,” Sam shrugged.

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester