z

Young Writers Society



Forbidden Worlds (ch 3)

by twilightxd


After lunch, I had my math class which I spent most of my time doodling or daydreaming. My last class like my first one was the one I hated the most: PE. Inside the girls locker room, I quickly changed into my ugly gym clothes that made my butt look bigger. First we all lined up and did the same old stretches we did every day and then our coach had us run a mile around the gym. Sighing, I dashed off behind the others. I always hated running and any kind of sport, but no madder how much I deiced to pig out, I always remained skinny. As I slowly jogged around the gym, many of the other kids started to pass me more than once. Suddenly, running right beside me was Jasper. He wore the same gym clothes as all the other guys and not a drop of sweat lay on his forehead.

“Hey,” Jasper said in a normal tone, not all huffy like anyone else would sound while they were jogging.

“Hey,” I squealed. Immediately my heart leaped with excitement. “Your in both of my most hated classes.

Jasper shrugged. “It must be one of those weird coincidence.”

Still slowly jogging beside Jasper, I glanced around me. All of the other students were running way ahead of us and as usual the gym teacher wasn’t paying any attention to us. I tapped Jasper on the shoulder to regain his attention. “Have you ever skipped class before?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “No, is it allowed here?” he asked.

I chuckled. “No, but we do it anyways. Come with me.” I grabbed Jasper's hand and without hesitation he followed me out of the gym to the school’s library. There were only a few other kids there and the librarian sat at the front desk quietly sorting the books.

“What are we doing here?” Jasper asked as we sat down at one of the small round tables.

“Hang out until it’s time to take attendance, then we go back to the gym,” I replied.

“But won’t the teacher notice our disappearance?”

“Trust me that gym teacher wouldn’t notice a snake when it bit him.” Jasper let out a loud laugh that received a harsh glare from the librarian. “Hey, you have to be quit or you’re going to get us kicked out.” Jasper only grinned at me sheepishly. Suddenly, it was like most romantic movies, when they’re lips are moving, but you can’t hear anything and all you can think about is how gorgeous they are.

Jasper grabbed my shoulders and shook me vigorously. “Did you hear a word I said?”

I jerked my head out of my daydream. “No, sorry,” I muttered.

Jasper sighed. “I was trying to ask you about your family.”

“What about them?” I asked as I leaned my head on my hand, knowing this was going to be a boring topic to talk about, considering how lifeless my family was.

“what are they like?” he asked like I should already know.

“There’s not much to tell. I’m an only child and I have lousy parents who don’t give a crap about me.”

“They feed you and provide for you, don’t they?”

“Yeah, but they never care what I’m doing, when I’m hurt or anything. Most of the time money and whiskey is their only priority. It seems like the only family I’ve got is my nine year old cousin, Bailey.”

“Are you two pretty close?”

“More like sisters, but because she is younger than me and her parents are as lousy as mine, Bailey has to be put in a foster care.”

“What is a foster care?”

“It’s when your taken away from your parents and your given to compete stranger, who keep you until they don’t want you any more and then your passed down to another complete stranger.” I had to keep myself from yelling, but I could see Jasper could tell I was getting angry.

“You’ve been in one of these?” he asked in a low tone.

I nodded, trying to keep myself from crying, but the tears came anyways.

Jasper held my chin up and wiped the tears from my eyes. “I’m sorry. We won’t talk about it anymore,” he said, soothingly.

I swallowed a large lump in my throat that I had developed from the past. “That’s OK. I was put in a foster home when I was six and up until I was sixteen I had been to twenty nine different family’s. I was finally allowed to go home just last year, but I haven’t felt loved by anybody except my poor cousin since I was first my grandmother died when I was three.” I could see the sadness in his eyes. We were silent for a few minutes. I glanced around the room. we were now the only ones in the library. I looked up at the clock it: three forty nine. Crap! “Come on we have to go,” I told Jasper, grabbing him by the hand and pulling him out of the library back to the gym.

We came in just in time. They were still playing doge ball. As we ran into the center of the gym where most of the kids stood throwing hard yellow balls at each other, one of the ball came flying right towards Jasper. However, Jasper quickly caught it right before it hit his head. The coach blew his whistle for the kid who threw it to be out.

“What kind of game is this?” Jasper asked, still holding the ball.

“Your supposed to throw balls at people and every time you hit somebody you get them out and the last person standing wins,” I exclaimed.

“Oh, well in that case-” Jasper threw the ball at my thigh.

I gasped and picked up another ball, but right before I could throw it, the coach blew his whistle, signaling us for the game to be over. We all dropped our balls and went over to where he stood. After he took attendance, Jasper and I went our separate ways to go change back into our normal clothes. We met back up in the hallway.

“Well I-” I started to say, but suddenly Shawn grabbed me by the arm and turned me around to face him, wrapping his lips around mine. I pushed him off of me. “Shawn, lay off a little,” I shouted.

“What, a guy can’t make out with his girlfriend in front of somebody?” Shawn asked.

I growled, lost for words. “See you tomorrow,” I muttered to Jasper as Shawn dragged me away. When he had pulled me all the way to his car, I yanked my arm out of his grip.

“What is your problem?” he asked, furiously.

“You! Why are you being so clingy?” I was furious with Shawn. Why couldn’t he understand that I needed a break once and a while? Especially after what happened Wednesday night. Shawn ignored me and climbed into his truck. Angrily, I climbed into the passenger side of his truck. He stuck a cigar into his mouth and lighted it without even offering me one. I watched as he left the school and headed for his house. “No Shawn, take me home,” I shouted, but Shawn drove down his street and up his driveway. He climbed out of the car and went over to the passenger side to open my door. I sat there pouting with my arms folded across my chest.

“Come on, baby. Come inside for a few minutes.” I sighed and stepped out of the car, knowing that I wasn’t going to win this battle. Sulking, I followed Shawn inside his old messy house. I sat down on Shawn’s black leather couch, my arms still folded.

“My parents aren’t home,” Shawn said sitting next to me.

“So,” I snapped. Shawn didn’t say anything he didn’t have to. Shawn pulled off his gray long sleeved shirt revealing his white muscular chest. I jumped to my feet. “No, No,” I yelled. “Shawn, I’m not doing this anymore!” But he pulled me close to his warm, bare chest. As his lips started wrapping continuously around mine. At first, I started to fall for his romantic figures. However, I snapped out of it, when he started to unbutton my pants. “Stop! Stop,” I shouted, but Shawn wouldn’t stop. He yanked down my pants and slid his hand underneath my shirt. Unbeatable with my words, I slammed my knee into Shawn’s crotch. Shawn huddled back in pain, as I quickly pulled my jeans back up.

“Come on, Liz. Why?” he asked frantically.

“Why? Because you’re a pathetic asshole who doesn’t give a damn thing about anybody, but himself!” I pulled on my coat and ran outside.

I ran two blocks down, knowing that Shawn would soon be in his truck and after me as quick as a jack rabbit. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Jen’s number. When she didn’t answer, I dialed her number again.

“Hello,” Jen answered through the other line.

“Hey Jen, are you doing anything?” I asked her.

“Well, I was making out with my boyfriend just a second ago. What do you want?”

“Jen, I need you to come get me and take me home.”

“Why can’t Shawn take you home?”

“Because Shawn’s a pathetic jackass.”

Jen sighed. “Oh god, what did he do this time?”

“I’ll explain it all to you later. Will you just come get me before he comes looking for me?”

“Fine, I’ll be there in five minutes,” Jen groaned.

“Thanks, Jen. Thank God I have a friend like you.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she muttered before she hung up. I slipped the phone into my back pocket. My warm heavy breaths were visible in the cold air. Shivering, as I paced back and forth waiting for Jen.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 282 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson