baby ...."I love you"

by tiyu

“And you only know you love her when you let her go”

This line is from the eminent song of passenger band illustrates that we need something or someone only when we understand its importance. Well I didn’t hear the song until my guy send me this and I didn’t only find the lyrics and music amazing…I just went with the flow of understanding its deeper meaning and I heard this song innumerable times since it gave me a weird sense of satisfaction that my guy find me important in his life although he didn’t show it much.

He came like a rainbow in my sky (He will tell me it’s creepy if he read this :*). Just like the rainbow make the sky colourful and complete, he also make me whole and I just love the feeling of being ’committed ‘to him. He is different from all the guys I have ever found in my lifetime. He never tried to impress me because he doesn’t even know how to impress me but still he attracted me like the opposite poles of the magnet. He never did all those creepy things I wanted my guy to do but I feel secure with him. I am not sure about the deadline of our relationship but I am just sure it will be a beautiful and hilarious one and I will laugh at our good times and embarrassing moments years after my college ends. He will always be the one I would look upto whenever I need some guidance or any other help because he understands me so well that I am pretty amazed. I like doing the nasty deeds and see his wicked smile and unusual sense of humour. But then I also love his care and showing him how much he really means to me…

I don’t need him always but I need him most of the time-he completes my being .His presence invokes a sense of satisfaction that no matter whatever happens someone is there to take care of me and all girls are like that only we all need a stability in our relation and when the stability fades way the essence of being in love fades away. He asked me yesterday,”Shivangi, why is marriage important?. Frankly I had no answer .Maybe because that’s what everyone does baby. He always try to find out ways to be different since he don’t understand how different he really is. But he’s my guy and knowing him will be a lifetime achievement.

“Love comes slow and it goes so FAST”

Loving him was never easy since he told me not to until he came out of his comfort zone to share the same cocoon of love with me. Now we reside in the same place with the same desire but he’s lying there uncomfortably. But as a girl of strong ambition ,I will not lose hope until he says, ”Baby ,I LOVE YOU”.

“And you l

et her go”

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:18 pm
Sujana wrote a review...

Hello. You might not like what I say, so feel free to shield your eyes if this wasn't meant to be reviewed.

I liked how you used Let Her Go for the song, especially considering its sung by a man. And the story did feel genuine, like a raw gem. However, all raw gems have the chance of being polished, and this could certainly use some polishing.

I'll be frank--when I first read this, I was under the impression I was reading a series of text messages. And that has its place in this universe, I've written more than one story in text messages, but that's not the kind of story this is. It feels like a first draft, something a fifteen year old would write (granted, I'm fifteen, but that's not my point). And again, there's a place for that, too! But--er--

Okay, let's just start with the grammar problems.

"Well I didn’t hear the song until my guy send me this and I didn’t only find the lyrics and music amazing…" It was supposed to be "sent", and what did you not only find? It could've used a "but *insert something else special about song*" where you needed it.

"He came like a rainbow in my sky (He will tell me it’s creepy if he read this :*). Just like the rainbow make the sky colourful and complete, he also make me whole and I just love the feeling of being ’committed ‘to him." A good simile, but you don't need to repeat the rainbow being compared to in the second sentence. You could just say he colored your life and made you complete (also, it's made, not make).

"He never tried to impress me because he doesn’t even know how to impress me but still he attracted me like the opposite poles of the magnet." Try "he never tries to impress me, because he doesn't even know how to, but still he's attracted to me--like the opposite poles of a magnet."

And there's more, but I think I've done enough. What I'm saying is, this doesn't need to be a magnum opus. You can have a cute work or two in between your more serious ones, and this is cute--more than just being cute, it's real. However, what you feel doesn't necessarily translate to how the reader feels. You can express yourself in your writing, but if you're to publish it anywhere, you must make sure the audience feels it.

Good luck with editing--hope it turns out for the better. You have a lot of raw emotion, and it'd be nice to see that be transformed into a diamond.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:48 am
Steggy wrote a review...

Stegosaurus here for a review!

This short story could relate to most people who read this. I liked the way you started this was some dialogue, as it gives the sense of the character without giving the name of them. It gives the feel and setting of what might be able to come. You seem to explain the relationship between the main character and her lover (which from the previous review, you state it is you and you were going to give your boyfriend this story as a surprise.) As I continued reading, I see the meaning and thoughtfulness that you put into this short story.

However, there were somethings I found that struck out to me. There are some rookie mistakes with punctuation. Like the reviewer below stated, this seemed to be something someone would see on a wall post on Facebook since it expresses the love for their boyfriend/girlfriend. Even though you describe is fine and gave the reader something to feel happy for, it seemed to fall flat of entertaining.
Nonetheless, it caught my attention since I could somewhat relate.

If you re-read this story, you will see some comma splices (commas that don't belong/are misplaced). Another thing, when you are re-reading, try finding the central voice of it all. Even though it seems to be your opinion, try even out the thoughts and give a reason to as why you love him and how he is different from other guys.

Other then that, I enjoyed this story very deeply. If you like me to go over anything, let me know!

Steggy

Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Hello there,

I think I have a review for you and I'm going to be quite frank.

First of all, it didn't sound anything like an article to me. And, the title didn't go with the main part at all, that's what I feel. You could just put it in the other section. And, also the rating thing I didn't quite get again. You could simply write a story by mixing all these feelings you have and I bet that'd turn out to be a decent love story. All right, I felt like I was reading some wall post while I was reading this and yes, you've done a great job indeed on telling about what-you-were-telling but that really isn't article, what you have here. That seems to be my objection.
Anyway, hopefully, I'm not being VERY HARSH because that's something I don't think I ever am! XD You started with a song and you continued saying "My guy." You could simply use his name or any other name. I don't think you're that reluctant to use your personal informations as you've mentioned your name. There were some typos like in the second line you wrote, "Didn't heard" which should be "Didn't hear." And, your last line says, "Until he says, baby I love you" read that again. I think you meant something else!

Anyway, very sweet it was indeed but I think it'd fit perfectly as a blog or wall post.

Keep writing. And, don't get mad at this review. Please.

~Nire.

tiyu says...

Hey nire. .. well thanks for an honest review. .. as u see I have reviewed my story and made some changes which u felt inappropriate.Ti have changed the story name and u are quite right when you said I meant something else in the last line. This story was meant to be a surprise for my boyfriend and I didn't knew how he will react if I mentioned his name that's why I referred him as' my guy'.
Your review helped me a lot
Thanks and keep reviewing

deleted21 says...

Glad that you found it helpful! :D Good luck with the surprise!

tiyu says...

Thanks:-)

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics