The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

by time_fox

These are great books. When I read the first one "Twilight" I read it in 2 days because all I did was read this book. I could not take my eyes off of it. The second book "New Moon" kept up the series going. The third book "Eclipse" is the third book and I read this book for a day and half straight. The fourth book "Breaking down" comes out on August 2 and I can't wait. Basically the series is about a girl name Bella that finds out about a group of vampires and she falls in love with one of them. I don't want to give out too much about the books but they are awesome and anyone would love them.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:57 pm

yeah, i would, but i wouldn't be a jerk to the guy who saved MY life.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:56 pm
DragonWriter wrote a review...

But if you knew the love of your life was about to kill himself, would you not stop everything and try and stop? put yourself in bella's position. also, think about what jacob dud to her earlier in the book. remember? he also threw her off. for th same reason as edward did, to protect bella.

sorry about my grammer, i am dooing this in avery tiney screen in compter classs.

I hated New Moon. Especially Bella in New Moon. What a jerk, to just blow Jacob off like that. Jeez.

Monki says...

OMG! Love, love, loved these book! Is there anyone who hated them?

What annoys me about the casting is that it's blatantly obvious three of them are wearing wigs and it looks so incredibly unnatural. There's a right way to wear a wig, and a wrong way. They did it wrong.
Rosalie, Alice and Jasper are wearing wigs. >:|
C'mon Hollywood, what happened to good, old fashioned hair cuts, hair dye and bleaching. Plus Alice's hair is suppose to be black.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:44 am
Leja says...

By all means, please do start a usergroup! Because as cool as the icons are, they really don't belong in the Book Reviews section :wink:

(EDIT: go check the Usergroup Advertising section ^^)

Sleeping Valor says...

I've been seeing some, but I don't know who makes them.

Seriously, with the length of this thread we could start a Twilight Usergroup or something. =P

As an aspiring writer, I am torn between wanting to be the next J.K Rowling, or the next Stephanie Meyer. J.K started me on reading and consequently on writing, but Stephanie made me fall in love. Hmmm. Maybe I can be both? XD

I think they've all come out in August haven't they?

I just want Jacob and Bella to stay friends, I want Bella to be a kick-a** vampire, and I want Jake to find the love of his life - someone way cooler than Bella. lol.

Is anyone really good at making avatars? I wanted to make one based on a quote at the end of Eclipse that says "Say no to drugs" and then it has Jacob's quote, "He's like a drug for you...I would have been healthier, like the sun or the air."

:D

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:37 am
Kepe says...

I just really want the next one to come out soon! Its kinda killin' me here!

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:52 pm
Periwinkle says...

I don't even get why authors tell us when the book is coming out months away! Why can't they surprise us with "OMG THE BOOK IS COMING OUT TOMORROW!" That would be so awesome...the anticipation hurts...

Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:42 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

=_= It is. Very, very far away. She's letting us sit with the last book far too long. >_>

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Holy crap they're making a movie?!?!?!?

Perhaps I should return to YWS. Then I'd be more up on good-books-become-crappy-movies news. Not that it will definitely be crap, but experience makes me think so.

I loved the books. Devoured them, actually. I could not stop reading and I got pissed pretty much everytime my mom told me to do stuff. I am soooooo glad a 4th one's coming out, but August 2nd? That's a bit far away, isn't it?

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 pm
onceuponatim3xo says...

omg, they're so different from what I pictured :(

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Yeah! Actually I like most of the cast - except for Esme. I like Alice and Emmett the best. But still, I think the girl at honor choir was a better Alice. :D

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:48 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Go to her website! ^_^ She has a picture of the cast there.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:42 pm
onceuponatim3xo says...

they're doing a movie???? How did you see the cast?????

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:18 am
Periwinkle wrote a review...

I hated the cast, too, they look so wrong. Esme looks pregnant, Alice just looks weird, Rosalie looks too nice, and Jasper had weird hair.

Carlisle was okay...the only good one out of the bunch (Edward is well...okay, too I guess....

But yeah, I'm a nit-picky person.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 am

Guess what!! They totally casted the Twilight movie wrong, cuz I just met the REAL Alice Cullen this weekend, lol.

Okay, not really. But I went to an honor choir with this petite, dark girl with really short black hair. It was awesome. I asked her if she'd read the series and I was like, "You totally remind me of Alice Cullen," and she was all, "Oh wow, that's the coolest compliment I've ever been given. I'm a vampire!" lol.

Anyway, that's my Twilight story of the day.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 am
onceuponatim3xo wrote a review...

I don't know why, but I just really don't like Jacob. I'm glad that they didn't end up together, he just caused way too many problems. He was really annoying too, I like Edward sooooo much better! :D

Jasper's back story was...interesting. It helped me understand and picture him better, but like I said, Eclipse seemed very forced. Perhaps it will have a larger significance in the next book. I would love to read a book on Alice and Jasper's love story. I think it's hilarious how they got together.
Alice: I've been waiting for you! >=O
Jasper: Sorry. ._.

Leja says...

Bella (>_>), Edward (^_^) or Jacob (=P)

Haha, I love your smiley classifications! But yes, you're right, it's a book for the romantics XD

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:26 pm
Layleun says...

Give in to temptation!! Read again! I am ^.~ I'm halfway through Twilight and this is my.....well I lost count after ten or so =P, time reading it.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:24 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

*gasp*

o.O You know I forgot completely about Jasper's story until I saw the word 'military', then I was all 'OOOOOHHHH'. =P

Hmms. It was an interesting story, but let's face it: deep down, people read these books because they love either Bella (>_>), Edward (^_^) or Jacob (=P). So as much as the story adds to our understanding of his character, it's not something that stuck strongly in my mind since it wasn't tied to anything else in the story. or was it? I can't remember. If it had been tied in like Alice's story was--right into the plot--then I might have remembered it better. >.<

*again must resist temptation to read the books over*

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:18 pm
Leja says...

lyrical_sunshine, if anyone's too critical of Stephenie Meyer, it's me; don't worry about it XD

I thought it was a big block away from the rest of the plot, which she often does, and I don't know if I liked that aspect of it. On one hand, I think it explains why Jasper's the most bloodthirsty out of all of them, but on the other hand, I wonder if his experiences in the military wouldn't have conditioned him against blood, that maybe he should be able to adapt more easily to his new life with the Cullens?

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:48 pm

No, actually...I thought it was a little random. It made me like him more, though. It explains why he's kind of quiet and serious all the time. I don't know. If felt a little bit tacked-on, I guess... Good grief, I'm entirely too critical of Stephenie Meyer. One day God's going to get back at me and I'm going to have a fan/critic just like myself who criticizes my books even while she's hugging them.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:21 pm
Leja says...

What does everyone think of Jasper's story after reading Eclipse? Do you think it helps to explain his character?

Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:28 am

lyrical_sunshine wrote:lol, i think guys in general are sexy when they're angry. well, when they're angry for a good reason, like when Edward was protecting Bella.
It's fun to watch guys get angry because they either look attractive, or incredibly stupid. Unfortunately I've seen more of the latter. Really fellows, your crunched up glaring eyebrows and puffed out chest don't initmidate me. Rather, they make me laugh.
My apologies to the opposite gender out there, I feel mean now. XD

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:18 am

lol, i think guys in general are sexy when they're angry. well, when they're angry for a good reason, like when Edward was protecting Bella.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:10 am
Sleeping Valor says...

lol! I think the issue is when Edward gets mad he gets sexy. XD That or he gets scary. Bella has no power against him at such points, so she'd be more likely to sit there and swoon rather than yell back at him. She argues with Jacob, however. =P

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:02 am

i read somewhere that Stephenie's agent wanted her to have Bella and Edward sleep together and she said no. i had a lot more respect for those...um...moments of sexual tension.

lol, after we read Twilight my friend said she had "found her Edward" and I was like, "Whatever, I found my Jacob." Our relationship is so much like Bella's and Jacob's...with the very sweet, tender moments and then all of a sudden we're fighting and swearing we'll never talk to each other again. He's not as manipulative as Jacob though; he would have let me marry Edward if I wanted.

Anyway, my point is that there are very few stars and rainbows in real relationships, which is why I don't really like the Edward/Bella thing. I want to see them get into a real, honest-to-goodness argument. A nasty one that ends in Bella running back to Jacob and....

Never mind.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:58 am
ReasonIsTreason wrote a review...

I completely agree. I didn't quite understand the author's choice of introducing sex into this pure and true love story, especially making Bella so concerned about it...I mean, sure, they're teenagers and it was the realistic thing to do, but it sorta ruined the idea of the love I thought they had.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:18 am
Passion's Killing Floor wrote a review...

I prefer Bella and Edward, mostly because I can actually relate to their relationship more and have experienced that sudden clicking and the hearts and rainbows more than the other type of relationship.
Jacob is probably a more stable match for Bella because the hearts and rainbows usually end in disaster. I like how Stephanie Meyer included the idea of there being more than one kind of love. It's a great message for younger teens who are confused about love and more often than not believe there is only one kind of "true love".
Jacob is such a butt though, and I love him for it. Lol. That scene at school when he came on his bike and projected the memory of Bella to Edward made me giggle with girlish pleasure.
I could relate and understand Bella up until Eclipse, and I think Breaking Dawn is its only redeemer. A few aspects of Bella, and all the characters in general, were understandable. You saw new facets of their characters, but none the less it seemed incredibly forced and unnatural.
Also Bella and Edward's love was pure until the element of sex poisons it in the 3rd book. The purity was one of the series qualities that appealed to me the most.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 pm
ReasonIsTreason says...

I love Jacob, although I think Ed is better for Bella...I just like Jacob's character more (:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:36 am

Oh yeah, I loved reading "Midnight Sun" on her website. Edward's not as... I don't know, OBSESSED as Bella it seems. His mind is more interesting; it deals with other topics besides "OMG he's so hot I want him to bite me so I can live forever!! (but of course I won't marry him cuz that's just immature)"

*ahem*
Anyway.

Sleeping Valor says...

Perhaps not, but she had originally planned on writing the romance from Edwards perspective, though she changed her mind (or at least she wrote a chapter from his perspective, the first one as I recall). I think Edward a great character. If you just look at his history and his conflicts, he's quite cool. Also, how he chooses to deal with his issues is interesting. How he and Bella go all hearts and rainbows is a little annoying. I like him best when he's mad. *loves the scene in Twilight where he comes to save her in his car and is super pissed off*

XD

Leja says...

*huggles Edward* I think the reason Edward seems like such a bad character is because of how he interacts with Bella and how she reports it.

Thank you thank you thank you! It is all in the interaction between them that annoys me. But maybe Bella's just an unreliable narrator? I don't know that the book from his perspective would do much, only because the story is all about Bella.

... however, if Bella were not the focus of the book, would there even be a story?

Sleeping Valor says...

Absolutely. Jacob needs a sweetheart who isn't vamp obsessed ASAP.

*huggles Edward* I think the reason Edward seems like suc a bad character is because of how he interacts with Bella and how she reports it. If Stephanie and written it from his perspective I'm sure he'd have been better. :D

*pouts*
Stephenie better give Jacob a really, really, REALLY good girlfriend in Breaking Dawn, or else I will never be happy.

Layleun wrote a review...

I love Jacob ^.^ Of course I would, he's a werewolf! Other than that I really like how he's a child who goes against the rules *glomps Jacob*

I can't wait till Breaking Dawn comes out! I'm staying over at the mall all night so I can get it in the morning ^.~

~Lupe

Leja wrote a review...

Edward is an awful example of a character. He's a soapbox for conflict and perfection, only there to serve what Bella wants. In that respect, Jacob is an amazing character because he interacts with Bella. They can have a dialogue, and by the end of a scene, you see there's an attraction (however amorous or platonic) between them that isn't there in the scenes with Edward, especially as the books progress.

Never mind the fact that Jacob would be better for her anyway ^~

Sleeping Valor says...

=P Yuppers. the 22nd was my B-day. :D

(Vampires are better. Seriously. I will write a term paper in university on why they rock)

Eh, I don't hate Edward. He just annoys me. And i still like werewolves better than vampires. *shrug*

Hey, did you just have a birthday? Or am I just blind and you've been seventeen for a while?

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 am
Sleeping Valor says...

XD I don't think I loved Edward for being perfect. I adored him for being a vamp, and for being cool. The way Bella worships him was annoying. He, himself, however is cool. *hearts his personality in the first book*

But yes, I found Jacob and Bella to be a better match just because it was more reak. Bella sort of obsesses over Edward, whereas she bonded with Jacob in a more real way that isn't all deep, dramatic passion. The third book made me reconsider how much I liked Edward as a character. The whole dispute over them getting maried was getting annoying and Edward proved himself to be an ass with the whole 'let's get Bella to say she loves me so that stupid wolf's heart will break'.

^_^ Still, vampires rock too much for me to hate him. (lol. I love the characters, until the moment I don't. Then I blame the authors. XD)

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:39 am
lyrical_sunshine wrote a review...

No Jacob never imprinted on Bella.

I like Jacob so much better than Edward. I don't like flawless characters that are compared to Greek gods. They just annoy me. And wolves are so much cooler than leeches. *runs away before the Edward fangirls attack*

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:25 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Hold on, Jacob didn't imprint on Bella, then? I can't remember, I always figured he had.

o.O Nooo. I have too much homework to re-read those books this week! >.< *fights the temptation*

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:15 am
Kepe wrote a review...

I think Eclipse could be redeemed by Breaking Dawn. As of now I am not the biggest fan of the third book, but I hope the 4Th one sheds more light on what happens etc. I hope Jacob imprints on someone, because I kinda feel sorry for him at this point.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:11 am
Sleeping Valor says...

XD I know! It made me very unhappy. >_> I think it was too serious, she needed to lighten it up a bit, or something. (Or give Jacob a girlfriend. Geeze >_>)

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:46 pm

Excellent series in my opinion.
All I can say to describe Eclipse though, is "What the hell."
Definately my least favorite novel in the series, not to say I didn't like it, but it strayed far from my Twilight cup of tea.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:29 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Yes, it is. There's some plot, but it's mostly character relaitonships, with added elements of someone trying to kill them off every now and again (vampires!! XD). I loved it, but it may not be something a guy would enjoy due to romance-ness. If it wasn't so amazing + VAMPIRES I might not have read it myself. =P

Good news: it is in no way sappy. At all.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:21 pm
time_fox says...

Aedomir wrote:Is it a romance?

Kind of yeah but its more then just a romance.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm
Aedomir says...

Is it a romance?

Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:38 pm
[deleted1] says...

I think it's better Bella has Edward. If she would have chosen Jacob, she'd miss Edward soo much. She would've been happy with Jacob too, but she loves Edward more.

-Rick

Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:36 pm
Sleeping Valor wrote a review...

^_^ I adored these books. But I won't lie, I liked Edward less in the third one. =P

I read the first one in a day (while on a tour bus), and when I got the third I re-read the series (3, 1, 2, 3, possibly 1 again) in about 4 days. I did nothing else. =P Loved them soo much. The first one is the best. :D

I think jacob would have been good for Bella, but Edward is just too cool. =P

Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:36 am
Aedomir wrote a review...

I have heard so much about these, but I have never actually picked one up. I might do one day, you never know! What would you say the age range was? Boy book or girly book or both or doesn't it really matter? I'd guess the latter :wink:

Looks cool!

~D'Aedomir~

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:10 am
[deleted1] says...

Order it from online.

I loved the series and I'm looking foreward for Breaking Dawn to come out.

-Rick

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:59 am
Alice says...

Or bookstore or library.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:47 am
time_fox says...

kittykat wrote:I can't find the second book... :cry: The first was sooo good!

I belive you can find in on ebay or amazon.com

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:45 am
kittykat says...

I can't find the second book... :cry: The first was sooo good!

You sound like you're becoming emotionally involved with the custard.
— Nikki Morgan