Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

movie?

by tigershark17

Hey

Has anyone seen Donnie Darko? If so, what did you think?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 am

AH, well I'd say watch it. It is an enjoyable movie... just maybe have the lights on for the first time Frank shows up. :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am
tigershark17 says...

Haven't seen it yet; that's why I was asking.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 am
PlasticStarlight wrote a review...

Donnie Darko is a pretty stellar movie, I'd say. I love the points it explores about destiny and fate. Also the bits and piece about time travel ( if you liked that part, Stephen Hawking presented an amazing television special last summer on SPACE channel about his theories on the 4th dimention. You can find it on youtube.)

I can't hear that Tears for Fears song without wondering is somewhere a high school quad is happening in slow motion. (I also can't hear "Stuck In The Middle" by Steeler's Wheel without thinking that somewhere someone has just had their ear cut off, but that's a different movie reference).

This reminds me, everytime I watch that movie I promise I'm going to look up the short story " The Destructers" that they discuss in the english class.

What did you think of it?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 pm
tigershark17 says...

Thanks mike!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 pm
mikepyro wrote a review...

It's pretty good. Not nearly as amazing as most people say, maybe it's too teen drama at some points for my taste, but it's a good movie. Great acting an twiste story. Better than butterfly effect which it is similar to, also a good film, only good thing Ashton kutchers ever done lol.

You may also enjoy Memento and The Machinist. Twisty mystery films with dark tones, though I found them better than darko. :)

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee