z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Worth it

by ticktock123


Is one smile

worth a thousand tears?

Is one day

worth a thousand years?

-

Is one touch

worth the miles apart?

The miles between

two broken hearts?

-

Is one love

worth the time to part?

Is a good ending

worth a wobbly start?

-

Is one kiss

worth years of hate?

Is death really

worth all this wait?

-


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 1508
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:13 pm
RSTorres wrote a review...



Wow, you have to admit that this really makes even the wisest person think!

The rhyme scheme is really on point and I applaud you greatly for it!

The message in this is great too and I love how it was conveyed all in questions. It makes it seem like we can't take our time to answer one because the next one is being asked.

Overall, it was awesome and sincerely hope to see more of your work in the near future.



Random avatar
ticktock123 says...


Thank you! I don't usually write poems in this structure, not sure how it sounded - so I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you!



User avatar
359 Reviews


Points: 455
Reviews: 359

Donate
Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:28 am
View Likes
steampowered wrote a review...



Hello, steampowered here with a review! This is going to be a short review, considering how short this poem is, but I’ll do my best to be constructive. :D

So like a previous reviewer said, the commas don’t really make any sense. I’m aware you want to imply a pause in the song but you might want to consider simply putting the clauses on separate lines. For example:

Is one smile, worth a thousand tears?
Is one day, worth a thousand years?


could be

Is one smile
worth a thousand tears?
Is one day
worth a thousand years?


I understand this is lyrical, but it doesn’t really strike me as being much of a song as it currently stands. It seems to me that each verse would be sung with the same repetitive tune, and there would be no clear end to the song. As another reviewer said, maybe consider including a chorus or something, just to give the song a bit of variety and make it more interesting.

Sorry this review was so short, but I think I’ve covered some of the things the other reviewers didn’t mention, or else mentioned only briefly. Keep writing, and feel free to let me know if you ever need anything else reviewed!

-steam-



Random avatar
ticktock123 says...


Hi! Thank you so much for your review! Yeah I completely get where you're coming from, I'll change the commas. I didn't realize that putting it in the "lyrical" category meant that it was meant to be a song, I literally just though that the verses could sound good to music or something. Thank you!
Tick tock



User avatar
139 Reviews


Points: 5205
Reviews: 139

Donate
Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:52 pm
View Likes
Biluata wrote a review...



Hello there! Luata here for a review! I am in school, so I apologize if I begin to ramble, plenty of distractions surrounded by other *whispers* irritating students. Anyway, unlike SereneSimpliciT I can see why you filed this particular piece under lyrical. It has the essence, but also like SereneSimpliciT, if you want to turn it into a song, I would suggest adding more meat, persay, and perhaps a chorus?

Continuing onward, the simplistic beauty of the poem can be appreciated and don't get down about people nitpicking on the way you space your poetry. I do the same thing and felt really bad about it for a long time, but really, it's however you prefer to space it. What makes sense to you, ya know? Because you aren't writing for them, you're writing for yourself. So yeah, just a word of encouragement to that aspect.

Also, verse two, apart and hearts does not rhyme, so it kind of breaks up the overall smooth rhyme flow type...thing.... there is a word for it, but I can't think of it at that moment, but yeah. I would change that rhyme.

Other than that, nice job!
~Luata



Random avatar
ticktock123 says...


Thank you so much - I really appreciate it. Yeah, I might change the structure a bit.
Thanks!
tick tock



User avatar
115 Reviews


Points: 75
Reviews: 115

Donate
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:10 am
View Likes
SereneSimpliciT wrote a review...



Why are there comas?
Like seriously, those make no grammatical or rhythmical sense at all.
If you're trying to separate, just move it down to the next line. No one said that a lyrical line had to be a certain length.
Also, this is really short. I'm guessing this is incomplete, or a work in the works at least, because this really doesn't feel finished at all. A normal song is twenty to twenty three stanzas.
You only have four, not to mention they're really short.
Now what you have isn't actually bad at all. I like the way you worded this, it's visually really interesting . . . other than that there really isn't much else to say about this.
If you're actually trying to turn this into a song, I'd highly suggest adding more and give it a lot more meat. You have the start to a very nice piece here, just work around the skeleton you've built so far and I think this could be great.

Thanks for sharing!
~Maddie



Random avatar
ticktock123 says...


It wasn't meant to be a song - just thought the rhyming would sound good to music. Thanks for the advice - i'll change the commas.
Tick tock




The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson