Poetry is in the eye of the beholder.

by ticktock123

What even is good poetry? 

-

Does it have to rhyme?

Each line in perfect time, 

Sometimes forced, 

Sometimes sublime.

Does it have to be visual,

like 

a

work

of

art?

Does it have to end, the way it did start? 

-

Should rhyming be consistent?

Nothing good rhymes with consistent. 

-

Truly, I think there are absolutely no rules.

There are no labels, no forms nor structures you should stick to. 

Words are just words.

-

Poetry is anything and everything, except from objective. 

I'll say that a rhyme here and there though, is pretty effective. 

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 am
CreativeUsername wrote a review...

That last rhyme was great.

Anyway I love this and I agree with everything said. Poems are fun to write and yet, annoying. So many unsaid rules but yet there really are none at all and that doesn't make sense but I haven't slept in a long time so pretend that was inspirational or something idk

I don't really have critique except I didn't like the "-" between the stanzas, it felt less free ??? See, I don't really know but that's my two cents

Oh I also really liked the line "does it have to end the way it did start?"

That's all

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 am
akanbright wrote a review...

Its a really nice one and I stick to it. I love your writing format and its really cool, and the fact that you really poetry, even if your points were on the contrary and I love it. Poetry is a piece of art in which the words are chosen for their sounds and the images which they suggest and not just for their obvious meanings. It is a genre of literature that involves writing in lines and verses.
I know you know, that poetry doesn't really should have a nursery rhyme, enjambment, blank Vere, free verse, or meters, but it should be written in a way that shows that it's really a poetry and should make perfect sense all the way.
Most times I read poetry's on YWS and i wonder if its really poetry because they write it like an article or so, though we have narrative and epic poetries, but I think poetry is poetry, and should be arranged in right order, no matter the sense it makes.
Thank you for your work, its really nice.

Why is my dog your fig father????
— JazzElectrobass