z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Watch Meister

by thewatchmeister


Riz Ahmed, "the Watch Meister," Knew He Had a Talent for Luxury Watches, So He Became an Expert in the Watch World

NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / March 4, 2021 / Luxury is something many of us desire. We are looking for something that will distinguish us from the crowd and standout from other people. Riz Ahmed, better known as the Watch Meister, loves all things having to do with luxury watches. From his earliest years, he always had a desire to own his very own luxury collection and brand.

"I have always had a passion for watches from a very young age. It was once a dream for me to have my own luxury watch collection. As I started to make money, I started to purchase and build up my collection. I was always asked by friends, family and other people where I bought from and how much I paid etc. I was always referring potential clients to dealers. During Covid, I lost my businesses and had a break from work. I had to sell a couple of my watches for cash and realized the prices of the watches and profit margins that were to be made on the watches. This is where I began and within the couple of months of trading, I have become very successful from my trades," Watch Meister explains.

What pushed Watch Meister to begin his business was a combination of his passion for watches, knowledge of a specific watch brand, and the math behind how lucrative it could be to start selling these watches. As he puts it, the business idea was a no brainer for the Watch Meister.

"I was inspired by the brand Richard Mille. The profit margins are immense. And when I did the feasibility of the business, it was just a no brainer. I'm not tied down to one location, I am connecting with people around the world. I am meeting celebrities and high level status people. For me, it's an easy business. I am a specialist in Richard Mille watches. I can source any watch on the planet with the contacts I have," Watch Meister comments.

Despite knowing the odds and having a desire to get into the watch world, Watch Meister still struggled with numerous obstacles on his way to success in the luxury watch game. However, through a combination of skills and dedication, he was able to master these challenges.

"Covid was the biggest obstacle for me. It brought the whole world down on its knees. But always believe if a door closes, another will open. Business is about selling. If you know what you are selling and have a passion for it, it makes life easier by 80%. The rest of it is 100% dedication and time given to the business. If you can give the time and believe in what you are doing, you will always become successful in your business. This is the main challenge," Watch Meister comments.

Watch Meister has created a world where he has no competition, but rather he is his competition. This is because he is so dedicated to the world of luxury watches. Instead of focusing on other projects and getting himself distracted, Watch Meister focuses on his business at all times.

"I believe I have no competition. I am my own competition. I seriously don't have any other projects. Stick to ⅔ sources of income. My main focus is currently the watch business," Watch Meister details.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
672 Reviews


Points: 81482
Reviews: 672

Donate
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm
Plume wrote a review...



Hey there! Plume here, with a review! I noticed your piece in the green room and decided to bump it out!

I thought this article was well written and informative! I liked the way the information was presented and I thought the flow of the article was very cohesive and comprehensive.

My favorite thing about this piece was the way it progressed. I think you had a very clear path between each subject you covered. I always find that transitions are hard when writing news stories, but I think you utilized them very well. Nice work!

One thing I wondered about was the way you presented the quotes. To me, it got repetitive a lot. I think that the quotes should be used to elaborate on the information you state in the other parts of the article. The way you have it now, you're just repeating the information. It's basically like reading the same paragraph twice. I think that perhaps you could maybe go back and think about how you want to present the information: through the body of the article, or through a quote. That way, you aren't repeating information. You can also repeat information, but only if it's the most important points. If you repeat everything, it just feels a little boring and unnecessary.

Specifics

"I believe I have no competition. I am my own competition. I seriously don't have any other projects. Stick to ⅔ sources of income. My main focus is currently the watch business," Watch Meister details.

"This is where I began and within the couple of months of trading, I have become very successful from my trades," Watch Meister explains.


Generally, with quotes, the most accepted form of dialogue tag is simply "said" in the journalism world. I don't know what your intention with this article is, but if you're aiming to see it published in a more professional setting, I'd recommend changing all the dialogue tags to "said."

As he puts it, the business idea was a no brainer for the Watch Meister.


I think this would be better if you put quotes around the term "no brainer." It's a little informal for a news story, and since it was in the words of the Watch Meister, I think you should put quotes around it.

Overall: nice work! I'm excited to see what other writing you come up with!




User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 83
Reviews: 110

Donate
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:43 pm
illy7896 wrote a review...



This was a very well written article and it seems like it has been cut out right from the newspaper. I love the way that you have delved into his childhood, profits, speech, dialogue etc. You have done some great character-developing in here and well done for that.

Luxury is something many of us desire. We are looking for something that will distinguish us from the crowd and stand out from other people. Riz Ahmed, better known as the Watch Meister, loves all things having to do with luxury watches. From his earliest years, he always had a desire to own his very own luxury collection and brand.


This was a brilliant intro to your article that captures the reader's attention and grabs their focus by relating to them.

In my opinion, Watch Meister has been a little bit over-used and could be shortened down to add more variation- maybe you could use W.M. Sometimes refer to the Watch Meister as 'he' instead just to avoid repetition. Additionally, does he have a name? If you made up a name, this article could be even more informative and factual: 'Henry Nickolay, otherwise known as the Watch Meister...' This is an example but this would allow you different sentence starters and also even maybe give the idea that he has his own alter-ego. Just like Bruce Wayne is Batman, he is the Watch Meister and this would extend on the character development.

Within the end, could you tie up the article using a conclusion or stating where he resides, his plans for the future, what he is doing exactly now etc. This would summarise the article in a professional manner and gives the reader a wholesome ending and profile of the Watch Meister.

Awesome work and this really seems like an article, good job.





One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World