z

Young Writers Society



Deleted

by therealme


-


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 776
Reviews: 22

Donate
Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:09 pm
OliviaWhoWrites wrote a review...



This was a lovely poem! I liked the use of boldface print to emphasize certain words. Was this intended to be read like a slam poem? Because that's how I read it. You took a very dark subject and turned it into a beautiful poem, so I commend you on that. Now for my critiques.

I didn't feel the last stanza of the poem was necessary. It seemed weaker than all the other stanzas and seemed kind of redundant. If I were you, I would delete that stanza or rework it so it matches up with the rest of the poem. Also, with this line,

"Shock, fear, guilt, judgment; they rotted my insides"

I don't think the word "they" is necessary. I think the line reads better with the rest of the piece if that word is taken out.

Other than my few nitpicks, I think this is a great poem. Keep up the good work! Happy review day!




User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 1014
Reviews: 39

Donate
Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:36 am
Smilykid wrote a review...



I like how personal this is. You know very well what you are talking about here and it shows. I agree with pandabear7 that the poem being free-verse is a good choice. It gives a poem like this room to breath and really flourish so you can feel what the author is feeling and trying to convey. I also like how you end it. It parallels the rest of the poem, and ties up the whole poem with a nice big bow. Well done!




User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 259
Reviews: 41

Donate
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:25 am
View Likes
spacesoldier says...



I know what this means i'm still saying i'm fine though... XD I can't help it though I just don't want people to have to listen to my stupid problems and my burdens...it isn't right :P




User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 314
Reviews: 46

Donate
Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 am
NicoleBri wrote a review...



Hello, pandabear7 here for a review.
First of all, one word: SAD!
I don't see any grammar issues so that is good. *Thumbs up.*
I love that it is a free verse, personally I suck at these.
I'd really like to see a little more poetry thingy's lol, like personifications, imagery, hyperbole... etc, etc, etc. :) but above all it is a good poem.

7.23/10!

-Panda




User avatar
884 Reviews


Points: 28282
Reviews: 884

Donate
Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 am
View Likes
StoryWeaver13 wrote a review...



Hey therealme! I'm a little rusty, but shall give this review a shot, okay?

First and foremost, I applaud you for writing a pretty decent free-verse poem....which is easier said than done. It takes a lot of understanding of rhythm and metre, which you've grappled with pretty well here, although your imagery is a little lacking creatively. You start off well and pull yourself out into the light a couple of times, but repeatedly slink back into the shadows of age-old cliches. Lines like "But I was sick. I was a freak. I was insane. I was weak." have plenty of impact and ooze with potential, but they are crammed between redundant ideas that have been regurgitated a thousand times over. I think you've got a lot of potential here, and it's just a matter of escaping what's been done before and finding your own way to express your idea. I can see a glimmer of hope in this; it's a diamond in the rough, no doubt.

I tend to be a little harsh on poetry, particularly when it comes to originality. This really does have a lot of potential, and I think that if you keep toying with this, you'll have a great poem on your hands.

Hope this helps. Keep writing, and best wishes. xxx




therealme says...


Thanks for your review :) yeah, I have to admit this isn't my best work. I guess I just wanted to get the feelings out.




Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud