*Nothing*

by thegirlwhofateloves

...sometimes I do...I think I'm mad. Worrying that the sky may fall and the brilliant blue will shatter into millions of pieces...and the stars will draw blood as they wing themselves past me.

And sometimes I cry into the silence of the night, my sorrow echoing and dancing through the shadows. Sometimes dancing a fast tango, eager to reach hell...others clinging at my heart, squeezing every last out.

I cannot always feel this way, can I? Dreams try to steal me away - have you ever been to Dreamland, I wonder?...as far as it is to the moon, but if the fairies take you, you'll be safe as a dead butterfly, it's soul gone to rest. Wonders await you in that beautiful land, a place where nothing goes wrong, anything is possible. You can fly if you want,...you have love...and what could possibly generate more love than love from love itself?

If people say you're crazy, then they know nothing. Their imagination is clearly far removed from their soul...like death in the wind - black, charred, toxic. You cannot diagnose. To diagnose is to cause death - an ending for all, an escape from the light of the world. It's as fatal as letting Hannibal Lecter slice open your head and roast your brain. Because, like his victims, you will swallow anything, puppet like.

I refuse to be tied to pieces of string, moved by some corrupt force. Do to me what you will, but don't steal my mind. I cannot live without my mind.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:21 am
Shine wrote a review...

ITS A WONDERFUL PIECE OF WORK.Its very interesting and descriptive.You have let your imagination get high..... :) I really love your work. :D

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Sohini wrote a review...

Excellent…absolutely marvelous. I really like this kind of strange and unique writing and you did a wonderful job. I think the first paragraph was the best part of the entire writing-it was impressive. Inspired a bit by Mr.Hopkins, I presume; the simile was intelligent and great: “It's as fatal as letting Hannibal Lecter slice open your head and roast your brain. Because, like his victims, you will swallow anything, puppet like.” Yeah, I think the mind is one of the most vital Nature’s gift.

Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:36 am
Snoink wrote a review...

As a writer, I don't do all of the work. You, as the reader, have to do some too.

Interesting thought. One writer developed that thought even further. He was Russian, and he said that because he spent so much work writing what he did, he expected that the reader put in just as much effort. Interesting anyway.

As far as the work? You almost pulled it off! It was not really a story - just a reflection - but it did have a strong character's voice, and in the end it wasn't totally about suicide (always a good thing). Instead, it was about the freedom of thought, of independence, of being who you were meant to be. Very serious subject, and I applaud you for attempting it. Not many would. ;)

But, alas, like I said, you almost pulled it off. You were serious, very serious, until you said this, "It's as fatal as letting Hannibal Lecter slice open your head and roast your brain."

As soon as you said that, you switched from reality to imagination. Hannibal Lecter is fictional. So are you saying that you should be afraid of a fictional character? Perhaps, and maybe it does mean something, about letting your imagination run away from you. But even then, the word choice you chose wasn't as good. "Slice" and "roast" all imply cooking and kitchens. But brain? Together, with the image of slicing open your head, as if were just some tomato, and then taking out the brain and roasting it sounds silly. One of the three words "slice" "roast" and "brain" are at fault. You have to figure out which one it is.

For instance, instead of "slicing," which makes it sound like a delicate little motion with the knife, you can use "hacking," which sounds a whole lot messier.

Or, you can come up with a better metaphor?

Anyway, have fun with that. I don't think that sentence is up to par with the rest of the work, but everything else looks fine.

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:25 am

Why does everything written have to be explained? No, I hadn't been watching 'chicken little' - I don't even know what it is.
It's not really a story as such, it's more just a piece of writing...which means it can go wherever the reader wants it to. You have to use your imagination a bit. As a writer, I don't do all of the work. You, as the reader, have to do some too. Obviously, I appreciate your comments, though.
But thanks, silver*glitter (I love your name, by the way :D ) and Goddess of Chaos.

Jojo says...

Are ytou just back from watching Chicken Little, The sky falling on your head and all that...
Does this go anywhere? I don't really see what you mean, but that's probably because I don't feel like that right now.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:06 pm
Just Imagine wrote a review...

I 've read many stories in YWS. To be real, many of the stories are off the points. Some of them *ahem really piss me off.

However, this story has some meaning to it, I acknowledge that. If you read stories by philosphers like Rousseau's Emile or some romantic writers like Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust (they are famous chaps), they emphasize on feeling and on “living outside the bounds of polite society.” Those kind things carrier clear, deep meanings that is profoundly powerful, much like some of the stories in their ages. Your story here had touch of romanticism or enlightenment; should I say, you were struggling against a restraint. It also sounded like pure emo.

Your story doesn't go anywhere. Yes, I can feel your pain through the makeshift character. Your description is rather abstract
I know you are crying and love creates love. But I don't get the point of the story. Most of all, I think you are fooling with yourself little; some of the lines are little weird. Some of the lines have descriptions that doesn't make sense.

You have to be find a constructive method to write better. I acknowledge that it carry a deep meaning.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:49 pm

It's kind of simple but deep.
Good description.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:45 pm

Interesting piece you have there. Very interesting. I like it. I'd like to see more of it. :)
Good job.

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah