z

Young Writers Society



My Green Tea Latte - Prologue

by sweethearts


Hi guys, i'm starting a novel and this is just a very short prologue.

Prologue:

Once, I daydreamed like many other girls that I would find Mr Right.

But I was wrong, I had found Mr Perfect.

The only problem was, he didn’t like me.

In fact, he hated me.

You might want to ask who this person is.

Then listen to me. Please do.

This is my story,my life…my cup of green tea latte.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
4074 Reviews


Points: 250888
Reviews: 4074

Donate
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:30 pm
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm here to leave a quick review!!

Anyway let's get right to it,

Once, I daydreamed like many other girls that I would find Mr Right.

But I was wrong, I had found Mr Perfect.

The only problem was, he didn’t like me.

In fact, he hated me.

You might want to ask who this person is.

Then listen to me. Please do.

This is my story,my life…my cup of green tea latte.


Well, this is a rather poetic sounding prologue here, with the way that you've formatted things here, it could honestly pass for both a poem about finding the perfect guy and also a prologue to a story about this whole conundrum being laid out here. It certainly manages to catch the reader's interest here with the problem being laid out as it is and how everything seems to somehow be tied to this one latte, that definitely raises quite a few questions here.

If I really dive into this, it sound like this girl appears to have been looking for someone she felt was right for her, and ended up finding someone who was somehow nearly perfect but said person probably ignores her for some reason which does sound like you could built quite a plot around it if you managed to give it an unique enough spin on things.

Overall, for a prologue that's as short and sweet as this one is, you really do manage to create quite a powerful effect here and it does make you want to find out more as a reader. :D

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:31 am
o0Lost0o says...



nice prologue. thought i'll come around and show my support ;D




User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 2667
Reviews: 75

Donate
Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:36 pm
dragonrider wrote a review...



Sweethearts, I have to say, I was not hooked. There was nothing significantly interesting about it. It seemed a little "neutral". I didn't get a passion, angry, sad, or really anything vibe. The sentences were okay, but nothing stood out. Give it a little "color" or something. Give the sentences some flow and depth. It's a prologue, so iti's oka to give a little nartative about the story. Keep on writing though!
Dragon Rider




User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 1049
Reviews: 46

Donate
Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:55 pm
Silverdragon150 wrote a review...



Hey there! I saw this was also by you and decided to chack it out. Once again, it's short simple, but I believe that's all that's required here. It says what you want it to say, and yet it intrigues the reader at the same time. I have to say, I'm already looking forward to reading the first chapter. Good job, keep writing.




User avatar
107 Reviews


Points: 17265
Reviews: 107

Donate
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am
Alpha wrote a review...



Hi there! I'm here :D
I agree with all the comments above. Who said that prologues have to be long? This short one definitely makes me want to read more, and that's what a prologue should do. Sounds like a sweet novel! I'll read the first chapter next :D
(Although right now I'm waiting for my dad to come to take me to granny's, where there is no -gasp- internet, so maybe you'll get the comment next week. Sorry!)
:DDDD
Cheers,
Alpha




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 1609
Reviews: 29

Donate
Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:18 am
senseiawesome wrote a review...



Well, I read the wall post and decided I'd check this out =)

I thought this was really cute and a great way to start something off. To me, the amount you've written is completely insignificant. It has what I think makes a superb prologue. It doesn't reveal so much information to make me think that the plot is either overly-complex or extremely predictable, but reveals enough to make me intrigued by it and to not make it seem like a pointless collection of words =)

sweethearts wrote:Once, I daydreamed like many other girls that I would find Mr Right.
But I was wrong, I #FF8000 ">had found Mr Perfect.


I loved these opening lines and that little twist that followed them =)

The only problem I had was in those two opening lines, however. It's basically I don't think the had should be used there (see above), but what do I know? =P

Anyway, I'd like to keep reading this =)




User avatar
1634 Reviews


Points: 67548
Reviews: 1634

Donate
Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:47 pm
Deanie wrote a review...



One of the shortest prologues I have ever read, but I think probably my favourite. To me, it was almost like a really short poem. I loved the first two lines:

sweethearts wrote:Once, I daydreamed like many other girls that I would find Mr Right.
But I was wrong, I had found Mr Perfect.


Really beautiful.

Also what is a green tea latte? I only read this prologue because I was curious what it meant. But now I also want to know what happens in the story. Eager to know!




User avatar
1417 Reviews


Points: 3733
Reviews: 1417

Donate
Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:01 pm
Noelle wrote a review...



Hi there!

This is a great beginning. I like how you wrote this more of like a poem than a story. It's different. Most prolouges are in story form and give a short background, but yours is perfect (in my opinion). It's great how you don't really go into much detail, leaving us guessing and wanting to read more. This is also short, sweet and to the point. The title also stuck out to me. It's very original and I love it!

PM me when you have the first chapter up. I can't wait to read more! Keep writing!




User avatar


Points: 998
Reviews: 2

Donate
Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:46 am
angela98 says...



Awhh, I love this, because the first line is so right. I really want to hear more :) Write...........

Yours,





This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer