Broken Soul

by summergrl13

Every tear I cry I know is because of you as it slips down my cheek and makes a little puddle on the floor and I drown in it.

Every time my heart bleeds is from you as you laugh and stab it more so you can watch the scarlet blood splatter on the floor, coming from my chest.

Every time my emotions are marked up with pen then ripped up and thrown in my face is done by you.

Every time my soul soars and seems fly up to heaven, free and happy, you it and control it like a kite as it sighs because you can't let it alone.

I'm now to used to the destruction of my body by another person.

You won't give up the chance to torcher and tear up my body because it's not yours.

As the damage grows beyond repair and I mourn, you are eager to rejoice my demise.

Though I try to hold my tears on my eyelashes before they escape.

Though I try to repair and mend my heart and stay up late doing so.

Though I try to erase the blue pen gouge marks in my emotions after carefully taping them together.

Though I try to break the bonds you have set on my once free soul.

This isn't enough. I can only stand and watch as you rip me apart.

My body and soul are broken and weary.

I can't hold back my tears any longer.

I can't stop the blood from coming out of my wounded heart.

I can't erase the marks and the repairs I make to my emotions are too fragile.

I can't break your bonds for every time I do and my soul is free again, it seems weakened from being captured so often.

There's only one other thing I really hate about this; I can't do the same to you.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:10 am

I must say it was very touching. Although you are missing words and have misspellings. Also it's broken here and there. The story just doesn't seem to flow.

Correct then Pm me hon,

D7M

Snoink wrote a review...

I love the idea of the first line. I would write it as:

Every tear I cry for you slips down my cheek and makes a little puddle on the floor.
I drown in it.

...or something less sucky than that. ;)

But yeah. I love the idea of the first line... the rest is pretty much fluff and I would get rid of it. Instead, expand the first line. I think it would be cool if eventually you made the "he" character in this poem turn into an ocean, so you would contrast the salty tears that she has to the raging ocean that he is, and make them one and the same. Or something of that sort. But this is too... story-ish. Be more creative in your poetry and make the unreal come alive. :)

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:23 pm
Krupp says...

Oddly enough, this doesn't strike me as a poem...it seems more like prose. Cut down the length of every line, maybe. It just seems more prose-ish as it is.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:50 am
Firestar says...

Very simple, yet incredible. It really touches the heart.

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant