Will The Violence Ever Stop

by spacesoldier

The Ocean a vast expanse of unknown secrets and creatures far beyond our reach. The depth of the ocean is beyond my knowledge, but I'm sure its' endless. The ocean goes on and on seemingly forever. It seems to be it's own world, a kingdom in the sand. A hidden world too far to reach, unless you are a sea creature. A wonderous magnificent sea creature that can travel to this hidden world. In the ocean a world of secrets and adventure the ocean has provided these creatures with a hiding place from us. I can understand why these creatures are hidden, so we can't find them. Our dying world is becoming sicker and sicker with every year that passes. It's become a world constantly at war and there is death every where. Blood shed follows every battle. People die every day. I wish I could go to the hidden world in the ocean. I would be safe from this dark world falling into dispair. At least it would be safe there from our sick twisted ways. What will become of us when the fighting gets worse? Will we just simply become predators preying on anyone we don't see eye to eye with. Or will we just fight, until there is no one left on the planet. These things are most likely going to happen, if we don't stop the fighting. But then again, will we ever stop? It seems to be the only thing we know how to do. Is killing the only thing we can ever do? Can we stop for once in our lifes and just make peace? Stop murdering women and children, because of what their countries have done. I just have a few more questions for all of you. What the hell is wrong with all of you? Is murder the only thing you can do? Why don't you try and think about the people you are hurting. Think just once what, if they have families and children? When they are gone what happens to their children? Are you simply going to murder them too. Now I want you to think about what all of us have already done. Haven't we done enough. When will we stop this madness. Thank you all for reading this. I want you to think about what you have just read. Try to find it in your heart to take what you've read into consideration.

i wrote this a while ago and i'm not actually refering to anyone that doesn't have anything to do with the war but i just decided to write down a few thoughts i had and thats what i did so if anyone disagree's with this its fine i don't expect the whole world to agree with one random girl's opinion i just felt it was time to share my thoughts with a few people...

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am
sanjeev4puli wrote a review...

oh.. i like it.
i liked your perspective in many lines.
my favorite lines are
"The Ocean a vast expanse of unknown secrets and creatures far beyond our reach. The depth of the ocean is beyond my knowledge, but I'm sure its' endless."

"Now I want you to think about what all of us have already done. Haven't we done enough. When will we stop this madness. Thank you all for reading this. I want you to think about what you have just read. Try to find it in your heart to take what you've read into consideration."

Blood shed follows every battle. People die every day. I wish I could go to the hidden world in the ocean. I would be safe from this dark world falling into dispair. At least it would be safe there from our sick twisted ways.

best of luck for your future works

thank you.

ScandalousPhoenix wrote a review...

I really like this piece. The tone is very harsh, which in my opinion goes with the message you are trying to put out there. But the word choice is very repetitive and it got a bit bland at times. Try mixing new words and using stronger ones to get your point across. I am in totally agreement with you but make your goal to persuade the reader. Make the reader FEEL what you are feeling. You have some little errors here and there, capitalization and commas/periods but other than that, AWESOME.

spacesoldier says...

thank you and I'll try to fix it up so it will come across better

planve wrote a review...

Truth is, i really like it and it has a lot of message within it all. You just need a bit of help with a few punctuations and also some few choice words. Some placed would have needed some capitalization. Another big problem was the harshness of it all. From the way it sounds, the reader though might take the object of violence upon him or herself. So, if you could tone out the harshness a bit. But anyway, it's a good piece.

spacesoldier says...

thank you for sharing your review with me I really love getting feed back and I greatly appreciate your opinion

Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 am
aouther2b wrote a review...

This is a intresting piece. There are parts I like, but there are also parts that I don't. I am intruiged by the idea's you have and your observations of the world. So I thought why not review it. I am not going to go into grammar because I don't feel it needs it.

What I liked:

1. Your tone. It made me think, which is what I think you intended. It is well thought out.

2. The idea about the ocean. Not much to commment on it other than I think that it fit well.

What I didn't like.

1. The repatition. I felt it was out of place. You state it once, then again in the next sentence, then the next. Then a new idea that is relative to the first. If you grind the idea too much it becomes too small to actually mean something.

2. You talk about the ocean and then never really go back to it at the end. You kinda of leave it half way though when you make a point of saying how much you want to go there.

3. There isn't any imagery. I think that you would have more luck getting your ideas across if we could see what you see through your words. Just a thought

Overall: I would give it a 5 out of 10. Needs quite a bit of work before its done, but the idea is well said. I think that those who read it will definatly have something to think about. I know I will.

spacesoldier says...

thank you for your opinion I appreciate it alot and I know the ocean thing was repeated a lot I kind of ran out of ideas at first and I forgot to correct it and I know it kind of goes of subject but I always get a little off subject with the things I write I'm not really sure why but I got a little more off subject with this one...sorry

Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves