z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The curious case of two orphan eggs

by soso


Find the whole entry on this link

http://souadmedina.blogspot.com/2017/05/today-ive-been-invigilating-on-biology.html


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:52 pm
Carlito wrote a review...



Hey soso! Welcome to the site! :D

Nikayla already gave you a nice overview of how the site works, so I'll try not to repeat her too much :)

The publishing center is designed for original work you would like a critique on, this is why it costs 200 points. Every new work goes in the "green room" and this is a special space for works that have 0 or 1 review so people can find them easily, and so every piece on the site will be guaranteed two reviews.

Now, if you write something and you're not looking for a formal critique, that's fine! There are lots of options for how you can share that work here and not have to spend 200 hard-earned points. Everyone on YWS has their own blog, and you can post work there. You can also post short works on your wall. Likewise, if you read something written by someone else and you really like it and want to share it with others, you can't publish that as your own in the publishing center but you can share the link on your own wall or on your own blog.

I know it always takes some adjusting to get used to a new site, especially a site like YWS with so many different components and things happening! If you have any questions or need anything at all as you get used to the site, feel free to give me a holler and I'll do my best to help :D




User avatar
1081 Reviews


Points: 220
Reviews: 1081

Donate
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm
Virgil wrote a review...



Hi there, Soso! I see you're new to the site, so I welcome you to YWS. If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red. That being said, I want to clarify a couple of things about the site.

First of all, posting the actual work or writing in the Publishing Center will get you better results than just linking a blog entry. This makes it easier for the reader to actually read what you've written. Copying and pasting the entry here is what I suggest doing if you're wanting better critique.

On the site, we have a point system where it costs 200 points to post a literary work. Methods of actually earning points are reviewing (this is the most common one), greeting new members in the Welcome Mat (this only gets you a bit) or selling something in the YWS Tradiing Post. That being said, I'll go ahead and give you 200 points for you to spend since the feedback you're going to get here may not be the best because of what I talked about earlier. Speaking of reviewing, here's a link to The YWS Critique Sandwich which is an article about learning how to review and all the like.

That being said, blog entries are usually posted in the Blog Section of the site, which is what I see this is. That's because there's not a lot to actually critique about a blog though you do label this as a short story. There are some grammar errors here and I found this to be a little too philosophical to be classified as a short story. Not only that, this tells a lot more than this shows and I'd say this is more of an essay of some sort more than anything else. A lot more rooted in the actual voice more than anything else, which is why I'm suggesting that this might be more of an essay because this doesn't actually tell much of a story, though I suggest to keep playing around with this or experimenting with it.

If you have any questions about the review, don't be afraid to ask! I hope I helped and have a great day.

Image

Image





All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner