I hold you so close and proudly

by shadownovelist

You seek to console me or give me reasoning for continuation

when you fail to realize that no amount of praise or tributes can change my mirror of myself

reflecting on my inner past

all I see is the shroud of trauma that has been placed on my shoulders since the beginning.

You say that you can hear them and you can be my champion,

a lovely thought, to see you, in sleek armor shining in the bright sun, protecting and loving.

I know your pain and contortion but you do not know mine.

Are there any similarities between ourselves to comprehend?

You're new and oblivious to see how deep the cuts go.

I don't let you see the black mold encompassing my body or that breathing feels like a crush wound.

You compliment and support me when I need and I give you my many blessings that I can spare.

But the image that stares back at me disgusts me to the point that I spit on my future and the merriment that may never come if I continue to keep staring at this liquid meant for washing.

Yes, I smile and gleam but only to distract from the constant weight of being present.

I hope you can understand that I don't want you to feel like a guardian. Your involvement has been cherished in my heart that it causes rain and thunder.

The others are so clueless about our surroundings and are battles.

The violins will soon disappear and the music will end, giving way to the silence that has always been patiently waiting.

I want to be selfish and keep you near me.

But the whispers of a gray ghost says that you're better off

which is so true in numerous ways.

For the boat rocking on the wild oceans can only keep one of us to shore

and I won't let you give up, you'll see the kings and gold. '

For my persons will be swallowed to the cold abyss

Where I was birthed from and shall return to.

I hope you know that my love for you will never end.

I won't leave, not in the fortnight.

Please give me a few more Millenium to hold you,

to squeeze your body and absorb your warmth,

to breathe you in

to see your light glimmer.

I love you 

Please repeat that.

Never forget.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:43 pm
saint1y wrote a review...

this is beautiful... i myself love poetry and this is the type of poetry that I came here for. everything about this is beautiful and understandable. I have never known someone to be able to write something and actually touch my soul. (see most people say I have no soul loool)
But seriously this is amazing, I love it so much. Please update me when you write new poems because I really want to read them.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:18 pm
demoncat wrote a review...

Hello I'm demoncat here to review you spectacular bit of poetry!

I truly do love this poem. It is so amazing that it literally brought a tear to my eye. And knowing me that is saying something. The passion and emotions that you have put into this poem are simply amazing! I don't think I have seen a poem like this and it is amazing. It really does remind me of myself as well. And I'm sure alot of people will think that as well. Also I liked the part about the mirror. But I might be alittle biased on that point since the story I'm writing is about a mirror. I thought it was kind of ironic. Lol. And this poem is so great that it was hard to see any flaws. But I must point out one thing in particular.
Where you say
"Your involvement has been cherished In my heart that it causes rain and thunder."
I feel like that sentence is alittle awkward. Perhaps you could put a transition word between heart and that. It just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.

But otherwise this poem was amazing and I didn't see anything that stuck out to me. So please continue to write these amazing poems because I will definitely read them. I loved this!

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat