z

Young Writers Society



If Only, If Only You Knew

by postmalone


If only you knew -   

How I would break myself 

into a thousand pieces 

for you. 

How I'd take the fall for you, 

any day, 

so you wouldn't be to blame or get hurt.

     

If only you knew - 

When I would dream of the story of us, 

together in dreamworld, 

and apart in reality. 

When I wanted to hold your hand, 

kiss your lips, hug your body, 

and make you smile.

     

If only you knew - 

Who I would lust for in all the right ways, 

wishing upon stars and crossing fingers, 

a hope to be yours. 

Who I'd yearn for to feel safe and warm 

wondering if that person found out 

that it was you.

     

If only you knew - 

What I wanted, needed, craved for us. 

A life built by teenage romance, 

and constructed by forever love. 

What I would do to make you happy, 

dry your tears, calm your anger, 

and give you the happiest memories. 

     

If only, if only you knew.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 1159
Reviews: 13

Donate
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:10 pm
nidkits wrote a review...



Hai Screamingsloth,
Wonderful, just wonderful!!! I absolutely love the romance. I love that you are able to create such a clear picture of what's going on. There are some moments in this poem that lack detail but that is a very common problem so, you're not alone. So far I love the structure it's nice and organized. I can tell that as a writer you have some really lit skills. A lot of people in this world wouldn't have been able to explain moments in this poem so deep if they haven't felt it. To be honest I don't think anyone would. My point is you have a very rare talent and to excel is to keep on going and adding more and more into your poems so they really come to life. Your a great writer I would love to see more!!! Keep Writing poetry!
Nidkits




postmalone says...


Thanks so much!



User avatar
455 Reviews


Points: 22123
Reviews: 455

Donate
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:35 am
Hijinks wrote a review...



Hi! Whatcha here for a review!
Okay, really cool ... I do love romance stories :)
Maybe you could change 'If only you knew' up a bit? Like, 'if only you were aware', or 'if only you realized', stuff like that. 'If only you knew' will start to lose it's meaning if you keep saying it.
I would keep the last line, though. The 'if only, if only' really strikes a chord for me.
Just a little question, 'wondering if that person found out that it was you' doesn't make sense to me. Who is 'that person'? I may just be misunderstanding it.
And that's it :)
But really, truly? Great poem! Keep writing!




postmalone says...


Thank you for the review! :D



Hijinks says...


you're welcome :)



User avatar


Points: 48
Reviews: 3

Donate
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:20 pm
Cglefley wrote a review...



Haha I'm back :D

Seriously though, you're really good at poetry. This almost hits home - relationship troubles suck. There is a lot of emotive language involved, like the "yearn" and "lust".

I like how you have wrote the feelings a minority (or majority?) of people have. The quote " teenage romance" makes people either remember their teenage love, or think about it as it currently happens.

The usage of "you" is also effective because it engages the reader. This causes us to think that someone could feel like that about us, or consider the things they'd do for someone else. (I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense). There's also a sense of longing and melancholy... This definitely makes people think more.

I am 100% convinced to read more of your poetry after these two poems of yours I've read!! :D




postmalone says...


it is a current teenage love haha I'm not like 30 reminiscing on my shabby crappy love but thank you!! :D



Cglefley says...


Haha! :D Teenage love isn't the best when people try to ruin it. Currently I'm living a teenage love crisis but I hope all is good for you! :)




attempting foot extraction
— Mea