Clearly, You Are Not A Writer!

by rbt00

Well, I am just here to clear things up to people who consider or even think themselves as the best writers out there. When I am talking about best writers I do not refer to JK Rowling neither Suzanne Collins. Clearly, they are the best writers ever. I am talking to those people… those people who go bragging about themselves. ''Woah.. I just wrote a story. Wait and watch, it's gonna be the top selling book''.

Now I will say '' Woah Woah! Stop it right there. You have high expectations? So confident about yourselves in the first place?''

I am not asking you not to be confident. I am just asking you to stop exaggerating or should I say stop OVERACTING!

Well… I suppose you did not get that. Let me shed some light on this subject in a few more sentences.

Writers are not like normal people. Yes that’s true, People find them weird. They act weird and do weird stuff. Even if you see them during exams, they are not even worried about it. Yeah! Not even a percent. They will have this ''springs'' inside them to write something or the other. Though they feel that their brain is gonna blast off to Mars with all those stupid math's formulas and stupid things filled dates and years to learn. They will write, they will type.

Don’t ask me about that! They will know it & not YOU.

They enjoy every single ounce of it. Yes, every single minute of it.

Writers and poets have a different mindset. They take the world in a different view point and I am telling you they are retarded and mentally disturbed. You hear that? MENTALLY DISTURBED!

They are odd but that's just the way it is. That’s just the way who they are ' Writers and poets'.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:07 am
BENishere wrote a review...

I find this an interesting article. I like how you explain what a real writer is, and show the readers what a fake one would be. A fake writer in my opinion, is one who is just after the money. Wanting to write a hit novel or series and make lots of money, just like how Harry Potter, Twilight. Percy Jackson series did. A real writer though ( in my opinion) will writ for the joy of writing and the love for their story.
I think you clarified this within your article, but maybe you should of went more in depth with it. I also think you should of fixed a few grammar and spelling mistakes. But, besides that, I don't find anything to complain about this article, unless I was really to nick pick.
I liked your article and would like to see more like this one. Keep up the good work and continue writing.

rbt00 says...

Actually I just typed it in a few minutes. I have exams so I could not recheck for the mistakes. I will do after my exams,
Thnkx anwyyas

dragonfphoenix wrote a review...

Knight Dragon here to review.

Technical first.
"So confident about yourselve in the first place?'', you forgot an "s" on yourselves. "Lemme shed some...", get rid of lemme. You need to you "let me". Next sentence, "Even if you see them during exams, they are not even worried about it stupid math's formula's and stupid history dates and years." "math's formula's" should be "math formulas." "They will know it", what is the "it" they know? This is really, really ambiguous, and I'm not even sure what the 'it' could be. And the last sentence is really awkwardly written.

Now, for the content. Yes, writers are weird. However, not all writers hate math (technical writers, for example) or history dates (historical fiction). Those are two specific examples, but with history, think about this: history is the non-fiction version of world-building. If you compared Tolkien's writing to history (specifically his timelines and genealogies), you'd find a striking similarity between the two. History is only as boring as you make it (or your teacher, depending on the circumstances). Also, what exams do writers not freak out about? Apprehension happens to the best of us (although I can't speak from the perspective of "the best").
But yes THANK YOU for not lumping prose and poetry together. The chasm between the two is great, although writers are capable of both. I think you could elaborate how authors are weird and the differences between prose and poetry more than you did, but otherwise good work.

Hope this helps!

rbt00 says...

Thnks. I will after exams.

KnightHuntress says...

Okay I love your Article/Essay but i feel if you actually were going to hand this in to a teacher she/he would point out you used "Lemme" instead I think you should have used "Let me"

rbt00 says...

Sure thing

ajruby12 says...

Very, very true.. I like to think of myself as a beginning writer/poet.. I may have the ability, but I have a long ways to go in becoming an actual writer.. If I ever am one.

rbt00 says...

Thnkx

ajruby12 says...

Welcome

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson