z

Young Writers Society



Animals, Wolves, Abuse

by raquel.wolfangel


Abandoned Wolf

Did you know that all I ever wanted was to make you happy?
When you picked me out from by brothers and sisters,
and separated me from my mom, I was still the same puppy as I am now.
When you grabbed me by my skin and shoved my face into the mess I made,
I felt humiliated.
You know when you slapped my back when I didn’t sit on your command,
Well did you know that’s because I was so exited to see you.
Can you still remember when I went potty on the carpet?
And you hit me on my head, I’m sorry,
I just didn’t know what you expected from me.
When I was left home alone and I pooped on the rug,
I was crying by the door for hours until I couldn’t stand it any longer.
You know that when you kicked my side for playing with the cat,
I ached for weeks after that, and you still didn’t know
Why I cringed and jumped at your touch.
When you were watching your favorite show by the fireplace,
And I was out in the cold, breathing onto the glass,
All I wanted was to lie by your feet and feel you presence.
Have you ever thought about things from my perspective?
When you went camping and left me home all alone,
I really did want to go with you, not stay bored at the house…
I do enjoy smelling and exploring new things, and guess what;
You even forgot to say by to me.
Now I’m here in this small cold cage, where no one even notices me.
All I here at night is the cry of hundreds of other dogs.
Do you really think I don’t want someone to love and trust?
Someone not to be afraid of.
Well I do, and now there’s no hope.
Nobody wants me because of you. I am scared and I shake when any person comes near me. I can’t keep my self from barking our growling.
I just don’t want to get hurt any more.

By: Raquel Pea


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
69 Reviews


Points: 1390
Reviews: 69

Donate
Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 am
Anna Graham wrote a review...



I agree! This piece makes me want to jump up and smack that owner, then go help the animals. You portrayed the idea well.

There are a few small things that I noticed that you might be able to fix though. Near the end, where you say "All I here at night is the cry of hundreds of other dogs," it should be hear, and in "I can't keep my self from barking our growling," I think you were going for "I can't keep myself from barking or growling."

There are also some words that you could probably take out. Words like 'well,' and 'just.' Sometimes it feels like they're taking away from the piece more than they're adding, by hampering the flow. If i were you, I'd just play around with it a little, and maybe even read it out loud. Move things around and try to see which way each of the sentences flow the best.

Honestly, you really do have a great thing going here. There were a few times you created a new line in one sentence, creating a bit of a pause. You placed those pauses really well, I thought, like when it said, "I felt humiliated." The ending was really neat too. That last statement was powerful. Well done!

--Anna




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:42 am
thething912 wrote a review...



Wow, this really informs people about how bad animal abuse is. It was quite sad about what was happening to the puppy and you really explained about how the puppy felt. I think it was quite pushing also it makes you want to help the problem come to an end although, I don't think it ever will. Nice job writing this though. Oh, I saw one thing with the grammar, you said that the owner of the dog never sad BY to the dog when leaving you should have said BYE. I think there was other thing also, I'll go check. Also, I'm not one hundred percent sure but, I think you are missing some commas in places. Like here "I was crying by the door for hours until I couldn’t stand it any longer." I think until has a commas after it. And, I think when might sound better with a comma after it. But, I'm not sure if it really needs one though. I'm not the best when it comes to grammar so sorry if my information is erroneous. Now, I'm going through my post and I see areas where I missed commas also so, sorry if I sounded like a hypocrite.





Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle