z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

crave

by rainforest


sunshine peaks though

the linings of the grandiose,

delicately gray clouds

while rain cascades down through

the gentle, summer air.

the street gutter in the front yard

outside of my bedroom

flows steadily down the street.

small sticks and leaves surge

in this torrent, temporary stream

while i cheerfully hop and splash

in a world of my own.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 21
Reviews: 9

Donate
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:26 am
View Likes
archrnln wrote a review...



I love the choice of words in this piece, to some they would appear unnecessarily complex but to me it ties in so well with the scene, the beautiful world we live in deserves the best words to describe it! Summer is one of my favourite seasons and summer rain is such a joy to see and experience. Keep up the good work :)

Regards, archrnln




User avatar


Points: 69
Reviews: 1

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:42 pm
View Likes
greysondotcom wrote a review...



This really honestly seemed super chill to me. i liked how you could really and truly feel the vibes of the outside world even when youre just hanging inside. i love how absolutely professional it is, like i wish i could use that many descriptive words that nicely. i kind of feel like, when im reading this, truly incapsulated in the nature and i kind of feel like a frog just jumping around lol. it's a really good work and im sorry for my absolutely terrible review im trying ToT but i really like it, and its a super good work all in all!!




User avatar
245 Reviews


Points: 22538
Reviews: 245

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:17 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...



this is so peaceful aaaa i want to live in the world of this poem :')
excellent work! <3




User avatar


Points: 92
Reviews: 2

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:32 am
View Likes
GaleOVonne wrote a review...



This brings me back to my childhood. It reminds me of innocence. The idea that it still rains yet I never play in it like I used to. Your use of imagery is impecable, matched with your excellent vocabulary makes for a fun read. I don't much care for poetry, I find it hard to follow, but your writing is easy to comprehend and still has deep meaning. Great job and continue writing.





Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14