z

Young Writers Society



Disappear.Daily

by quietgirlworld


So called friends

So my so called friends decided to talk about how smart I was today in social studies! It was sooo sweet of them to mock and make fun of me in front of everyone. The worst part is that they knew they were watching me as they made fun of me. Should I text them? Or just leave them how they are? Ugh see ya next problem on disappear.daily. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:39 pm
Carlito wrote a review...



Hey there quietgirl! Welcome to YWS, we're happy to have you! :D

The others below me have mentioned that this work might be better suited as a blog post or a wall post or something like that, so I won't go into that too much. I know new sites can be a bit confusing, and it can be a little confusing to know where to post different things. But the basic idea, is that when you publish something through the publishing center, you want reviews or critiques about that piece (and it costs 200 points). You get more points by reviewing, so it becomes a cyclical process. General thoughts/problems/questions/everything else can be posted on your wall, your blog, or in the forums so you don't have to spend points.

I can see how this piece could go either way - I'm not sure if this is a real experience you had and want to vent about (totally okay if that's the case!) or if this is part of a larger thing you're working on. It almost has a gossip girl vibe to it, like anonymously posting about other people/problems. The "see ya next problem on disappear.daily" is what really gave me that vibe. If that's the case, I would looooooove to see this expanded into a larger story because I <3 gossip girl.

I'm nervous to critique this because again, I'm not sure if it's a real experience you're trying to get off your chest or not and I don't want to critique it if that's the case. So, let me know what your intention was for this piece and what (if any) plans you have for it, and I can give you a more helpful critique!

And let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can do to help you get used to the site! :D




User avatar
276 Reviews


Points: 16802
Reviews: 276

Donate
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:35 pm
rosette wrote a review...



Hi, quietgirl, welcome to YWS!
Is this disappear.daily thing a series you're trying to do?
If its not, then I agree with what Stormcloud said: you could have left this as a blog or a status update. But, if it is a series (as your last sentence implied) then you could probably make this more of a story? For example, explain how your friends mocked and ridiculed you, how you felt, what everyone else's reaction was and so on. I'm sorry that happened to you, though. That's just awful.
The worst part is that they knew they were watching me as they made fun of me.
This sentence made no sense to me (why wouldn't they know?), and your ending one seemed a little messed up.
Sorry if I wasn't much help, this was a little difficult to review...
I hope you have a great day ;D
-TheKid




User avatar
235 Reviews


Points: 2200
Reviews: 235

Donate
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 pm
inktopus says...



I just want to say that I think that a blog post may be a more appropriate place to post this kind of thing. Or even a post on your wall.





Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill