Shape your future by learning with your past.

by pedrotheninja

I would rather be poor doing something I LOVE, than being rich doing something I hate.

You know life is short and I am going to die soon.

So I have to be every last bit of my life doing something and shaping my future, the way I feel is the most correct and happy.

Death is something good, the fear of dying is good. It pushes me and my boundaries, it makes me give the best of me to myself and to others. I fear dying and I am happy for it.

So I think going through the conventional process is not good for me. I have to many ambitions and dreams waiting to be realized, I want to share my vision with the world, change the world, and leave it a little better than when I found it.

I am going to.
I think that doing what you love and what you are good at will payoff sometime.
If you give the best of you and put as many hours and dedication to that. It will pay off. I promise.
May it be drawing, singing, building, thinking, reading, programming, talking with people, typing, reading...
You may not still be the best but by being surrounded by people who love the same thing and who are better than you, pushes you to the next level. Emotionally and physically.
If you surround yourself with brilliant people, you become a little more brilliant.
Look back and find patterns, identify what you love, what exploited your imagination and happiness as a child. Find yourself, observe your mind and contemplate your feelings.
Find out what you wish you were doing. Then stop thinking and do it. Find out what you need to do, to accomplish that. Set goals. Be an individual, and evolve into someone unique not driven by mainstream media and opinions. Form your opinion, values and character.

If you hate your job, quit it.

Become more.

Do stuff.

Grow your intellectual property.

Read.

Think.

Hack.

Transform.

Brainstorm

But do something for you!

Or for others, not because someone says so. Because you want it. You want to help.

Surround yourself with the best people.

And love what you do.

But do. Just do it.

Life is short, so we might as well do the things we love.

Pedro Cardoso, Saturday, 27/12/14, 16:11h

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:26 am
tgirly wrote a review...

Though I agree with most written in this essay and that figuring out what you want to do and just doing it can be helpful in some situations, I do not believe this is a good attitude to have constantly. See, by the feel of the essay at least, it seems a bit selfish. I doubt you meant for that and pleade don't think this review reflects on you at all, it just seems like this essay advises people to be completely consumed with their wants, their desires. Helping other people feels like just an afterthought and I take issue with that because I believe helping others is the main goal of this life, it is the only way to deal with that fear of death you talk about. (I don't fear death; I have a firm faith). Also, I don't understand how the paragraph about the conventional process not working for you applies. Are you trying to say we need to find our own path, that conventions don't work for everyone and that's okay? Because if it is I don't think you quite got there.
Overall, I think this essayis very encouraging and well written. YWS needs more essays like this one.
Keep up the good work and I hope this review helped.
-tgirly

Hey, thank you so much for the review. When I wrote this essay I wasn't thinking on what I was going to write. Soo I wrote everything that came to my mind. Even though I wrote you should help others and give yourself to others... I do think the essay is a bit selfish, but for me I think its a "good selfish". I believe that, to help others you have to find and help yourself first. If your realize your ultimate goal in life is help others first before you help yurself, you have already found yourself.
Its a bit confusing I know. I said that the "conventional process doesn't work for me", because I always wanted to do different things and write my own story instead of doing what others might think is cool.
Thank you for the opinion! Helped me a lot!

tgirly says...

You're Welcome; it was a pleasure to read!
It's a very interesting writing strategy you had for this piece; just writing what came to mind. Reminds me of stream of consciousness writing; you should check that out if that what you're in to. I think it's used more in stories and poetry than essays (first appeared in the '20s), but it's an interesting take, to write a poem that way. I'm not quite sure how well it worked out for you; seemed a bit disorganized, but I think that's okay.
A 'good selfishness' is an interesting concept. I agree there are some times when you need to concentrate on yourself; it's more of a balancing act than one coming before the other, you know? Anyway, I might try to explore this more, or find a more specific topic for the essay other than this. Personally, I find this interesting, but whatever works for you is best.
I'm sorry; I guess I kind of gave you a second review. :) Just shows how thought-provoking of a piece it is.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 am
EndlessPest wrote a review...

A good attitude to have!

In terms of writing style and how to structure I think that could be improved.

To me it comes across as more of a rant than a motivational piece of writing so including more imagery and emotive language that people can relate to may help the goal reach it's audience.

I enjoyed reading it and look forward to hearing from you again.

All the best.

hey, thanks for your feedback. My native language is not English and one of the reasons I posted this here, was exactly, to gain feedback on how to write better and have a better syntax and structure. What do you recommend? What would you change? Thanks

Perhaps the real rickroll was the friends we made along the way
— GengarIsBestBoy