z

Young Writers Society



First Ciniquain, Please Critique

by order


This is the ciniquain I am entering into the contest which I am sure to win. :roll:

Meaning:
Essential, illusory.
Tantalizes, Captivates, Absconds.
It is insensibly sought.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
59 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 59

Donate
Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:22 am
order says...



Um, Whence said that syllable length was optional and I missed the last line when I was copying and pasting it from the contest thread.
Here it is complete.

Meaning:
Essential, illusory.
Tantalizes, Captivates, Absconds.
It is insensibly sought.
Transient.




User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:31 am
Emerson wrote a review...



Meaning: 2
Essential, illusory. 7
Tantalizes, Captivates, Absconds.9
It is insensibly sought. 7
The red numbers next to each line represent syllable count. Here is a description of a cinquain: a short poem consisting of five, usually unrhymed lines containing, respectively, two, four, six, eight, and two syllables.

I believe he did say reach the proper syllable length...? Well, first off, your poem is only four lines, and looking at the syllable count, your for off. I can't really say anything about the poem--cinquains are very odd. Not to mention, the poem is incomplete. Critiquing it as is on content would be odd.





Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold