The story of a very interesting character: me!

by oneeyedunicornhunter

--

summergrl13 wrote a review...

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm a Christian myself, and I went to a Christian school for 4 years (just got out last Wednesday :P), and there were times when I wanted to smack those people for being so hung up on everything the Bible says. But anyways, the story was pretty good. Not much I would edit. 0(o.o)0

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:47 am

8)

This thought has occurred to others as well, Demeter. It's a mystery that will never be solved.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:56 am
Demeter wrote a review...

This was very fun to read. I like your style. And, you're exactly one month older than me! Isn't it great? :) I don't really find anything to critique (and besides, it's not the same thing than with stories and poems), except for one thing. You spelt "necessary" "neccesary". I couldn't find anything else.

So, nice job overall, oneyedunicornhunter! Gosh, I hate writing that. And I started to wonder something. Is the unicorn hunter one-eyed himself or does he hunt one-eyed unicorns? :O If you could clear that one up, I'd be grateful.

Best wishes
Demeter xx

Thu May 22, 2008 12:29 am

Yes, I liked the explanation a bit more. It answered my questions. Thank you! :D

I can't say as I agree with your reasoning about the Church (Jesus' resurrection was not a "zombification" experience... just to clear that up ;)) and I hope that someday you will change your mind about it, but I'll respect your position. Free will and all that, yes?

And yes, I enjoyed your little rant on vegetarianism.

Overall, I really like your additions. They give more insight on how you actually think and not just facts about you! Very nice.

*thumbs up*

~GryphonFledgling

Tue May 20, 2008 11:41 am

On your request, GryphonFledgling, I have explained my religious beliefs in more detail.

I also decided to go more into my vegetarianism. I think you'll find my logic very convincing... ;-)

Mon May 19, 2008 12:36 am
GryphonFledgling wrote a review...

Interesting little autobio of yourself. I liked the wit that you brought into it. Very nice. I was most certainly not bored. *two thumbs up*

Why exactly do you disagree with Catholicism? You said you accepted (most, you say?) it in school, so why did you change? That was a bit shady in the piece. I'm a Catholic personally, so I'm just interested in what drove you away.

(still do, but their covered by my hair, which my parents complain twice a day about the state of)

their should be they're

their = plural possessive of "they"
they're = contraction of "they" and "are"

Also, that sentence seems a little awkward to me. Perhaps a better rewrite might be:

"(still do, but they're now covered by my hair, the state of which my parents complain about twice daily)"

"Of" is just an awkward word with which to end sentences.

Not with a girl, though...with literature!

I didn't really like the ellipse in there. I see what you are trying to do, but it just looked strange. Perhaps an alternative might be:

"Not with a girl, though. No, my infatuation was with literature!"

Just flows a bit better.

Anyway, very nice. I'm glad to have learned a little about a fellow writer. It just seems as though they are few and far between outside of YWS and I tend to not think of them as people in the real world. *feels ashamed* You have obviously convinced me otherwise.

~GryphonFledgling

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman