z

Young Writers Society



Enlightenment

by ohhewwo


As he stood on the verge of enlightenment
He gazed out at his memories, at what he had seen before
And remembered his disturbed essence of self
Her body had been so rife with death
And glaze were what his eyes bore
Her sickly and burned face weas covered with welts
He welcomed his prize and lie down on the ground
His mystery solved, he smiled.



I don't like it. It seems inconsistent. It also just seems like words to me, and not a poem. There is a rhyming sceme that goes ABCABC. It's weird, because it's based on three, instead of two, like most scemes. It's based on how a certain religion began. Try to guess what it is if you critique.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1078
Reviews: 333

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:16 am
emotion_less says...



Maybe I'm just really tired right now, maybe I'm just stupid. I didn't really get it. Each line had good description but they didn't seem to connect. Once you personally told us what it meant, then I somewhat understood.




User avatar
148 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 148

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:26 am
ohhewwo says...



Haha thanks for the crit. It is Buddhism. I don't really like it. I even sort of think that it was a waste of time to write. It was too hard to stay in the rhyme scheme. But rs's can be sort of interesting, though, when they're not used childishly. Ive seen rhyme schemes that go ABCDEBCFABH... I didn't even notice it was a rhyme scheme at first!




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:11 am
niteowl wrote a review...



It sounds like you're responding to this rather than you're the author. I think it's Buddhism, by the way.

First off, you spelled was "weas."

And glaze were what his eyes bore? Huh?

And screw rhyme schemes, they suck.

Basically, you're right.





The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard