The End

by odonut-yj

What sort of person would choose, not to stand at the most convenient spots along the track, but instead at the very ends, far from the exits, far from the more densely populated center?

Shy people, lonely people, one would expect. People planning to meet friends? For the end was a definite as compared to the vague "center". Couples who wanted some privacy? People from all walks of life, gathered at a point.

A red shirt with bright yellow design, bearing the legend "Mr. Happy", but owned by a man with a face far from that. Resting a cell and book on a black leather guitar case, occasionally glancing down at the phone--waiting? White on top and below--spectacles and shoes. Alone for now, till the time music could sound from his beautiful instrument again.

A man in a slightly less than formal black shirt,

Well...that is an interesting little scene here I think. I don't if I can really call this much else because all it seems to be doing is sort of starting this one rather mysterious idea and then running with it for a little bit before we have ourselves a rather abrupt cut off there. I will give it some credit for really drumming up the mystery here with this end that could mean so, so many things.

Each sort of description that gets thrown out here feels like something of a clue to try and understand what this end is but it all seems to be varying somehow. It goes quite a phases there and ultimately its honestly hard to differentiate between some sort of infinite end between life and death and the literal end of an alleyway.

As mildly confusing as that happens to be I think that is also where this story manages to gain itself quite a bit of power through the simple idea of these suggestions alone and the mystery that accompanies. So overall, this manages to be quite a solid piece right here right down to the oddly abrupt ending, I honestly just find myself wanting more.

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna