PEHLI AASHQUI KA GUM

by nishthabawa2896

Tere mehel mein humara safar ab khatam hua

Dehleez laang kar ab hum chale

Zindagi ke uss modh par fir milenge hum

Jahan rishte kuch kam honge

Pehli aashqui ka hume gum toh nai

Toote rishte ka hume gum toh nai

Duniya jahaan ke bair se hume gum toh nai

Iss Zindagi se shikayate bhi hume kam toh nai

Dhoondha tha woh pal jiski keemat tumhe na thi

Iss begaani duniya mein tumsa ek humsafar mila

Gairon ki duniya mein meri kadar toh nai

Pehli aashqui ka hume gum toh nai

Jasbaaton ko samjhaane ki mjhmein himmat na thi

Pehle pyar ki khwaahish bas dil mein chupi thi

Aukaat ki baat kabhi soch toh nai

Pehli aashqui ka hume gum toh nai

Har pal ka mol mujhe uss din mila

Jis ghadhi tum yun hee chal diye

Aasuon ki ehmiyat bhool kar tumne

Mujhe woh saare gum de diye

Manzil se doori kabhi kam toh nai

Pehli aashqui ka hume gam toh nai

trashykawa wrote a review...

Hi nistha! Hiraeth here.

Again, it's cool you're doing your thing and continuing with the hindi thing. Though I must admit, even though I'm a Hindi speaker, some of the words were still a little hard for me to understand - so, like, just plain earnest request, a translation would help a lot. It would also allow other non-hindi speakers to appreaciate your work - because yes, your work is awesome.

Zindagi ke uss modh par fir milenge hum

Love this line- for others reading this and want to know what it means, it's something like:
"We'll meet again at the crossroads of our life." (p.s. that's not accurate but it's as close as I could come.

Pehli aashqui ka hume gum toh nai

Lajawaab. You don't regret your first love- no matter how much pain it caused you. Yes, we can all relate. The feeling of being in love, the journey, is worth more than the end.

I feel like maybe all your poems revolve around a single event - a boy, my brain is assuming, and maybe, one of these days, I'll get to know what exactly happened in the form of a lovely little poem - hope that's not too forthright or rude.

Anyway, keep writing, I'd love to read more :)

hey Hiraeth! I'm glad that you read all my work so carefully and get involved in it. I even feel happy that you tell me exact areas to improve in my work. Thank you for guiding me at my weak points and helping me write more. :)

3342 says...

So lets get started! This may be a little tricky as I am not sure you can read this but I guess we will find out then won't we? haha...

This is a truly beautiful poem. It is incredible in the meaning behind the loss and the forget and the truth. There is a hint of sadness sewn between every line.

Thank you so much

sophies36 wrote a review...

Hello! I put this through google translate so it might be a bit off but I am still here to review!
I am Sophie by the way!

Good job and Write On!
-Sophie S, reviewing

Thanks for reviewing my work

I know history. There are many names in history, but none of them are ours.
— Richard Siken