16+ Violence Mature Content

aishite

by nightmarenoodles

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

japanese version ⎜⎜english version

She was cursed. There was no room for doubt.

"it’s people i need, oh people to feed"

this choker accursed would frantically scream

Why could nobody see this curse like she could? She screamed for help, but nobody heard. Either that, or nobody cared. She needed the attention. She lusted after it, like a predator after its prey, hunting it to survive. She needed it from her parents, from her classmates, from her teachers; she needed it at home, at school, on the playground...from everyone, and everywhere.

No.

She didn’t want it. She didn’t. This...monster wanted it. The monster who controlled her wants and needs, she couldn’t stop it. Nobody could. She wanted to be a good girl. No, she would be a good girl. This curse wouldn’t stop it.

i’m doing so well have you heard?

She did all she could: at home, she did her chores, and in school she made good grades. She was nice to all her classmates, never bullying anyone, but she was especially nice to her crush: a boy, not much older than she. She made sure to share whenever she could, striving to be the perfect child for everyone around her.

you see, you see, i’m such a good girl.

It didn’t last very long. She broke into spouts of anger, jealousy, and sadness very often. She screams,

“Love me, I say!”

Yet she was ignored, as always. Why was she always just melting away in the background? It dawned on her: be the best. If she was the best, then perhaps she would get the attention she wanted? But how did you define the best? For her, it was simple: she had to surpass everyone in every aspect. Strength, smarts, and all in between was her goal. It was now her number one priority.

grow as you may, like a sweet summer day

know this collar will stay just the same.

It had been years upon years, yet she was still not the best she could be. She was the best in her school, however. She had astounding grades. In her mind, she was queen of the world, yet by others she was still ignored. Only the popular kids got attention, she had learned. Not the smartest. You freaks, she had thought,

“I am the best in my class, they attest, I’m a girl far above all the rest.

far better than those two,

i’m better than all of you,

you people, oh people

LOOK ONLY AT ME!”

She had another task to do at the moment, only a mere side quest on her main journey. She slipped a small, pink note inside a locker, one belonging to the boy she had crushed on for the amount of time she’d been striving for the top. She was never flustered around him, no, but she always strived the most for his attention. There was something that drew her towards him, but she wasn’t sure what it was.

She waited for classes to be over before she headed out behind the school.

meeting alone in the yard…

Classes had ended, and she was there, behind the main school building. She awaited his arrival, which wasn’t long after. His attention was totally focused on her. This was what she had wanted!

from me to you, confessing my heart…

It looked like he had just left practice, because he looked...dirtier and more disgusting than usual, but he didn’t play any sports. Was this her imagination?

was it a lie from the start?

No, it wasn’t. Her brows furrowed, eyeing him judgmentally. He was disgusting. And now that she had thought about it, he wasn’t smart, either. Why had she glorified him so much? He was nothing. He would never amount to her.

to say i loved you from afar

as filthy a creature you are?

He looked frightened. What was going on?

love me, i say…

She looked at him in disgust. Her mind was made up.

love me, i say…

He backed away as she advanced towards him.

love me, i say...

She moved her arms towards him, and he attempted to evade, but she was too quick.

take what you want of me

Grabbing his head, she slammed his head into the bricks of the school building behind her. A crack rang out in the school yard, yet the boy was only dazed. Not enough.

taking from me, taking from me

His eyes looked to hers in utter fear, confusion, and suffering, yet hers were merely empty, lifeless. She slammed his head again, and this time blood splattered everywhere-- on the wall, on both of their clothes, and on the soft green grass below them, mixed with parts of his shattered skull.

all that i am, and all that i keep

He was still hanging on. His head throbbed, and he couldn’t see anymore, and was unable to think straight. She knew he was almost done. With one final swoop, she brought his head down, connecting it as forcefully as she could with her knee. It hit him directly in the eye, shattering the bone around it.

screaming for more, you aren’t enough

A nearby loose brick was the final blow. She brought it directly down onto his face as he lie on the ground, the life flowing out of him. His eye was now had fallen out of its socket, teeth were missing, and the blood had mutilated his face entirely. She didn’t stop. She couldn’t stop.

you aren’t enough.

She stood back after a minute, looking down at the scene while she breathed heavily. There was not a spot in the immediate vicinity of the body that wasn’t caked with thick, red blood, including herself. She was soaked in it. After a few seconds of surveying the scene, she fell to her knees and was sick. What had she done?

i couldn’t give you up…

i am just so sorry.

The next day, all eyes were on her as she walked towards the principal’s office. This was what she had wanted, did she not?

love me i say…

until i’m not completely sane.

This was it. She had the attention. She would always have the attention now. Everyone was discussing her. She finally had what she deserved and needed.

aren’t i so happy today?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:51 am
preston7 wrote a review...

I really enjoyed it, and it definitely caught/kept my attention. I thought that until she murdered her crush, she was a pretty relatable character. Personally I thought the murder came out of nowhere (I probably didn't quite understand the story as much as I thought I did). It seemed well written to me, especially the murder which, unfortunately, I could picture quite vividly. In the end of it, it seems like everyone knows she killed the poor guy, but if that's true then why haven't the police come for her? She seems a little too dangerous to be allowed to continue going to school. I would say this story gets 4.2 stars out of 5. Good luck in the future.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:42 pm
ellasnotebook wrote a review...

REVIEW TIME

after promising to do it for almost a month
I'm sorry I have the memory of Dory from Finding Nemo

Ok, first let me say; I really enjoyed this concept and the execution of this. I think your format was really good and easy to read. I really liked the story and I thought your idea was really great. Well done!

One thing I noticed was that you switch tenses every once in a while. It's not super noticeable and I only found a few places where you did it, but there were definitely some places where you did switch into present tense.

"She screams,

“Love me, I say!”"

"Screams" should be "screamed".

Another thing I noticed was the register of your voice in this piece. You wrote with a more sophisticated voice in this piece, and I think it sounded really good. My only problem was that in a few places, the wording started to get awkward due to this more sophisticated style of writing. In some places it was wordier than I felt it needed to be. I don't think it affects the piece enough to go back and completely change everything, but it is something to keep in mind for later pieces.

Overall, I really did enjoy this piece. I would like to, again, applaud you on the excellent execution of the formatting of this piece. The way you formatted it added extra suspense, and it was a really surprising story telling tool that worked really well! I think the story inspired by song lyrics is a really great idea, and I definitely think it would be a good idea for you to continue playing around with it. Keep writing!

ella

Danni88 wrote a review...

Hey nightmarenoodles! As requested, Danni here for a review!
First off, love the idea. I like the italics. Adds a real feel to the work. Are they from a song?
Secondly, WHOA this got dark quickly. Maybe rate it 16+ for gore just because?
I like the way she is horrified by what she has done afterwards. Does she go mad?

until i'm not completely sane.

I don't really understand how her curse works and what drove her to kill her crush, though. That's probably the only nitpick.
Overall, this was a really good story. I really liked it. Keep up the good work!

Danni x

Hey! Thank you sm for the review!

Yes, the italics are song lyrics from a song titled "Aishite." The link for the song is up at the top of the work, if you'd care to hear it.

I took what you said and rated it 16 , only reason I hadn't done it beforehand is because I wasn't sure how to rate it with the level of gore it has; wasn't sure if it was heavy enough to rate it like that or if it was too light? It's fixed now lol.

Her curse is her need for attention from her peers, and originally she had wanted the attention of her crush more. However, when she finally gets a chance to see him up close, she realizes that she is far superior to him and sees him as too ugly and filthy for her (implied from "was it a lie from the start? to say I loved you from afar, as filthy a creature you are"). Her motive is that she's disgusted in herself for loving him, and she's disgusted in him as well, and it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment idea for her. After she kills him, though, she realizes she got all of the attention she wanted in the first place, so technically her crush did give her what she wanted in the end. It's not really specified, though, oops.

Thank you for the review! It was really helpful!

Danni88 says...

You're welcome! I'm doing this illegally while supposed to be doing schoolwork but will defo listen to the song later

I totally relate wow

Danni88 says...

XD

TessAchtermann says...

really good

thank you!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 am
ellasnotebook says...

HOLY COW

that got dark fAST

V good v good, I’ll review tomorrow when I’m awake and functioning, just wanted to let you know I read it (;

sounds good ;)))) thanks bbbyyyyy muah

(; welcome bb

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality