depression

by nevez

Depression?
I can’t quite explain how i feel right now. I am constantly sad, or mad beyond belief. I dread having any contact with other humans, even my family and close friends. I get angry with people who envy my life. There is nothing I have that is worth going through what I have gone through. I feel isolated from the rest of the world. I feel as though I am not running at the same rate as everyone else, every minute seems like an hour. I hate the constant glare of the florescent lights above me, I feel as though I am being revealed. When I listen to music I feel like it is talking to me. I feel so relaxed and relieved of that anger running through my veins. The music just lets me feel the sadness. I constantly feel exhausted to the point where sometimes I can’t function properly. At night I can’t sleep properly; I can still hear everything that is going on. When I do sleep, I feel like I never want to wake. I feel like I lost myself; and the way I feel now is the way I’m going to feel forever. I feel alone, and like it; that scares me.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 am
k17x wrote a review...

this is either the most unconventional poetry i've ever seen, or not poetry. i think this may go under the category of a descriptive essay.

however, the ideas aren't bad. the part about fluorescent lighting is a good one, considering schools always have this, and kids constantly feel like they're being exposed and put on display for the world.

however, it seems like it doesn't flow well. the ideas need better connection between them.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:12 am

Um, this isn't really a poem, and I'm not sure how to critique it. Did you put this under the wrong category?

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham