z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Let's live today!

by nanda


I see the world through closed windows,
I see misery and hardships.
I see all the sufferings, it is filled with.
Who knows whether there'd be a tomorrow or not?
Let's live the present...
Let's live today!

We know we are far,
From those who love us and whom we love.
But isn't there something....that joins us with them?
Let's cherish the old memories and be nostalgic of the good old days.
Let's live today!

Every breathe of yours, every moment you live,
To you it is the almighty's most precious gift.
Surrender thyself before Him,
Who bestows you with this gift of life everyday.
And with a heart filled with new hopes,

Let's live today!!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 2943
Reviews: 36

Donate
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:58 am
mememimer wrote a review...



Well written!
There's no clarity of the future and one shouldn't be stuck in the past, the only way we can escape from overthinking about them is to live today, which you brought out through this poem. I particularly liked the last stanza. It is quite optimistic mixed with hope.

One thing I felt that was out of place is that in the first stanza there's a sudden shift from describing the sufferings and unforeseen obstacles to a cheerful tone. I think in the following line you could change 'breathe' to 'breath'.
"Every breathe of yours, every moment you live"

Apart from this, I enjoyed reading the poem. Keep writing!

Best wishes,
I




nanda says...


Glad that you enjoyed reading it. And grateful that you suggested improvements. Thank you for your review. I'll look forward to improving my mistakes in future!



User avatar


Points: 200
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:06 pm
View Likes
maryannabinder says...



Hello!

I loved it! It made me feel alive, despite what we are living, I felt it! I would say your poem feels like hope.




nanda says...


Thank you very much!
I am grateful to you for your kind words of praise.



User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 1237
Reviews: 39

Donate
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:16 am
View Likes
sulagna wrote a review...



Hi nanda,Welcome to YWS!

I am here for a review...

So there were three wonderful paragraphs in your poem.
To be honest I would like to say that your poem really made it read it forcefully .
It was so good that i could not really resist it.
I have read a number of poems of the similar topic ,but the thing which was missing in those were here in this poem. At the very first line only i was sooo very impressed with you !
"I see the world through closed windows,
I see misery and hardships."
I can just simply say three words for your poem...Lovely,wonderful and Fabulous !!

Thank u for writing this!
From Sulagna




nanda says...


Thank You so much @sulagna !
I am overjoyed that you loved my poem so much! It's indeed a great pleasure for a writer to receive so much love, affection and appreciation from readers. I am also too glad to know that you found my poem such a good one and worthy of your review. I just hope I keep satisfying y'all in future as well!
Please keep reading and reviewing!
Thank you



sulagna says...


your most welcome !!



User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 465
Reviews: 48

Donate
Sun May 31, 2020 3:43 pm
View Likes
Elfboy wrote a review...



Image

Hello once again, Mahira! Ethan here for a review, brought to you by the gloriously earthy Team Raw Umber.

Okay, so another great poem here! I think most of us can relate to it with the current crisis, and you did a wonderful job expressing the emotions it's making you feel. It was very inspirational.

I only have a few critiques for you this time. First of all, "breathe" should be "breath". Second of all, the "...." in the second verse threw me off. As with your poem "Around Me", I'd suggest replacing it with a line break. Finally, the last line ends with two exclamation points, which isn't really grammatically correct. I'd change it to either "!!!" or "!".

But with those tiny errors aside, it was a really wonderful poem! You have a real gift for poetry, so keep it up! And feel free to ping me with your future poems if you want me to review them.

--Ethan, captain of Team Raw Umber




User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 1353
Reviews: 25

Donate
Sat May 30, 2020 7:39 pm
View Likes
KahleneTenorio wrote a review...



Hi this Kahlene, I am here to review your poem ^-^

So, I was wondering, does this poem involve Covid-19? I thought this because in your first 3 stanzas you wrote, "I see the world through closed windows, I see misery and hardships. I see all the sufferings, it is filled with." it seemed like you were talking about quarantine. If so, I like how you brought the way we all have to see the world now, through closed windows.

Also, I love the way you have let's live today repeats. This shows you want this message to stand out. This is a brilliant way to show your message. You have been using modern literature throughout the poem until the last few stanzas you used classic literature. While writing you should stick to one type of writing style. The poem needs a bit more literary devices to make it stand out more, to bring the message a little more "PAZASS" you know what I mean? This is merely a suggestion, you do not have to comply with it if you don't want to.

On a positive view, this is a great poem! I like how you made this poem to encourage people that life goes on and they should live it to the happiest way they should. This poem really is something, it can help you if you are having a bad day.

I hope you continue writing so I can read and review them! I hope you have a good day!




nanda says...


A very big THANK YOU to you @Kahlene! I am really very happy to know that you liked my work . I know I can't write as well as you but still I keep trying. And as for the improvements you've suggested, I assure you I would keep them in mind while working my next poetry or article or whatever it may be. Thank you so much!





I should say thank you for writing this poem, I was happy to read it!



User avatar
560 Reviews


Points: 30438
Reviews: 560

Donate
Sat May 30, 2020 6:46 pm
View Likes
Tenyo wrote a review...



Hey Nanda!

I found this poem a little bit dry, to be honest. It feels like it is trying to convey a very powerful message, but it would have a lot more impact if it contained a few more poetic techniques; metaphors, imagery, something to create a strong image or evoke some kind of sensory aspect.

The language changes in the last verse in a really odd way. It suddenly switches to the archaic 'thyself' without there really seeming to be a reason for it. Words like 'surrender' and 'bestow' conflict with the simplistic language of the earlier verses, in a way that makes it sound like they're not really the narrators words at all, but rather, something imitated for the purpose of creating a grand effect.

There's definitely a strong message to be carried, which is communicated clearly. I feel like these words would have a positive impact on those who are currently experiencing these things and take comfort in religion, but might not conjure the same reaction for those who don't already have a religious background.




nanda says...


Thank You! @Tenyo. I feel really fortunate to have a good critic's review on my poem . Well I am glad that you found my poem worthy of your review and I will certainly keep your suggestions in mind the next time I write something!



User avatar
61 Reviews


Points: 30
Reviews: 61

Donate
Sat May 30, 2020 3:32 pm
View Likes
Linguistic wrote a review...



I really like the repetition of "Let's live today." It really enhances the message of the piece and what you're trying to say. I especially like the third stanza, because I'm religious myself. It really spoke to me.

I think the beginning could be a little stronger. Three lines starting with "I" reads a tad weak. Even swapping the order, ex: "Through closed windows, I see the world." Just starting with bigger subject can make a huge difference.




nanda says...


I am really glad to know that u liked my poem. And thank you for honouring me by suggesting improvements! I will look forward to make my work better in future! Thanq



User avatar
43 Reviews


Points: 87
Reviews: 43

Donate
Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 pm
View Likes
Beautifulsparkle wrote a review...



Hello, i am here to review this poem. I believe it is a very beautiful poem and very realistic as it talks about the misery and hardships of life, not shying away from such topics while at the same time encouraging to live for the present as tomorrow is not guaranteed. I like how you said "Let's cherish the old memories and be nostalgic of the good old days" because it brings many happy memories to the surface of my mind, with many treasured people that have always been there for me. I absolutely love how you ended the poem, in fact these are my favourite lines.

"Every breathe of yours, every moment you live,
To you it is the almighty's most precious gift.
Surrender thyself before Him,
Who bestows you with this gift of life everyday.
And with a heart filled with new hopes,

Let's live today!!"

I love them because you tell about surrendering oneself to the Almighty and about the importance of the gift of life. Beautiful poem!




nanda says...


Thank you so much!
I am grateful to you for your kind words of praise. I hope to please you in the future as well with my literary works. Thanq once again.... Your appreciation really means a lot!




"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites