z

Young Writers Society



Beyond logic

by n1o2u3r4


                     Beyond  Logic

     
What does the word logic mean?
Nothing but a foul Dean
Why, are life’s mysteries beyond preaching?
Sermons, equivocal in heaven’ly teaching.

Is it a myth to relive a hereafter scene?
Hard to believe, but to distrust, is still mean.
Who is the wisest, that my blindness unveils?
Those of good faith blindly listen to old tales.
 
Words of God echo in my ear.
For moral stories I shed no tear.
 I am still deaf to your pleas
 Whether you proceed or cease. 
 
I refuse to see your light,
I won't witness any plight
Take your obsolete tools and leave,
A hard-bitten man is tough to deceive.
 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
279 Reviews


Points: 40
Reviews: 279

Donate
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:48 am
MasterGrieves wrote a review...



Hi there. I am 567ajt. I am here to do a review of your poem. So, let's take this step by step.

"What does the word logic mean?
Nothing but a foul Dean
Why, are life’s mysteries beyond preaching?
Sermons, equivocal in heaven’ly teaching."

This stanza is a bit confusing, aside from the wording of it. It seems a bit random and I don't get the references. You try and sound philosophical but it kind of backfires for me, personally.

"Is it a myth to relive a hereafter scene?
Hard to believe, but to distrust, is still mean.
Who is the wisest, that my blindness unveils?
Those of good faith blindly listen to old tales."

I feel that so far this poem is a bunch of cryptic, nonsensical questions with answers that don't actually fit the questions. To you, maybe they do, but to me they don't. They seem disjointed and just seem to actually add to the question but in the form of a new sentence. I agree with you about "blindly listening to old tales". I am an existentialist. I believe in that. But so far, everything else is a bit cryptic.

"Words of God echo in my ear.
For moral stories I shed no tear.
I am still deaf to your pleas
Whether you proceed or cease."

Now, this is a good stanza. We actually get a sense of your belief and how you feel about God. So, kudos.

"I refuse to see your light,
I won't witness any plight
Take your obsolete tools and leave,
A hard-bitten man is tough to deceive."

So, nihilism then....? I thought you were simply an atheist, but the fact you seem to have become a nihilist makes me feel something different towards your poem. I dunno what belief you are, but it sure is complex.

So, yeah. It was ok. Not bad, but no good. Ok.





It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
— Neil Armstrong