z

Young Writers Society



I Thought Wrong

by myturntobebrave


asdf


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Fri May 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Carlito wrote a review...



Hey there, welcome to YWS! :D
Just something to keep in mind...we like to try to keep a 2:1 ratio on reviews to stories here and usually I want people to do this before I review their work but since this is a super special week, I'm letting it slide. (Just pinky promise you'll make some reviews!) :D

myturntobebrave wrote:I liked you. If I care to admit it, I still do. But, I'm not going to admit it. I'm not that clingy.

Great opening. It's interesting and it draws the reader in. Nice job.

I liked it. It was an interesting topic. Slightly repetitive and it kind of had the air of 'teenage girl writing a letter to herself in her room' in my opinion. :)
You did a good job of expressing her feelings and everything and overall I thought you did a nice job.
Gold star for you! :D

-Carly




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 21

Donate
Fri May 08, 2009 9:13 pm
Brown Eyed Girl wrote a review...



Hey, welcome to YWS! :lol:

I'm kinda new to this stuff so I'm not gunna be heavily critical because I'm too nice!! lol Sooooo I really like your piece it's brilliant and I love how honest you are. It's hard to be completely open about yourself but it makes it so much more appealing and that what I see as the message to this piece is too.

I'll be looking out for u

If you want a new friend or any tips message me :D

Brown Eyed girl




User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 36

Donate
Fri May 08, 2009 12:56 pm
GreatEscape wrote a review...



I'm not that clingy

After reading the whole piece I don't clingy is the right word for this part. Maybe something closer to desperate would work better.

I like the repetition of "I thought wrong". I think that it shows the narrator's regret and despair. I agree with Rosey Unicorn about expansion. I was a bit confused as to why the friend is hiding. I think people can really relate to this. A lot of people have been in that situation where they went after someone they wish they never had. Overall I think this is a good piece.




User avatar
1272 Reviews


Points: 89625
Reviews: 1272

Donate
Fri May 08, 2009 12:31 am
Rosendorn wrote a review...



Hiya!

Before I get into the review, I'd like to remind you of the YWS 2:1 ratio. For every work you post, you have to write two reviews on other people's works. A "review" being at least three lines long. ^_^

Repetition: At the beginning, mostly, you repeat a lot of things such as "I thought wrong" and "God." It makes things a bit uninteresting. Mixing up descriptions and using different words to talk about an emotion or feeling (or thought) is the biggest gift to a piece of writing.

Idea/Message: It was a bit muddled in here. A wonderful idea, but a bit muddled. Because of the repetition and the lack of a full back-story, or the lack of more concrete examples, it's a bit hard to fully grasp what you're trying to get at.

At the end, when you were talking about hiding, I feel that idea could be expanded a bit more. How were the characters hiding is the main question to answer. You give some examples and you do tell us, but because the though-thread to this story is a but hard to follow, those examples are hard to catch.

Overall: I think this work has a lot of promise and it just needs a touch more polishing. Clean up some repetition and make things clearer. You'll have a very powerful work on your hands!

Questions? PM me.

~Rosey





If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang