Learning Targets

by mmentz88

The Ten Commandments Learning Targets.

The Ten Learning Targets are pulled straight out of Common Cores Curriculum. Thankfully we can read this because with out Learning Targets, how would high school students learn? High school students are NOT as smart as one may think, in order to help them learn, the districts have decided that it would be better for students to memorize simple statements to make sure they can keep on track such as “I can do addition”, this one was pulled straight out of a high school advanced level math class! Amazing how it helped the students learn!

The First Target is, I can blindly follow orders. This is a very important target for high school students! This target will make sure that the students never question authority and just close their eyes and do what they are told.

The Second Target is, I can memorize useless information. This is the basis of all courses in high school. Actually I found an amazing fact about this. you actually use 99% of what you learn in high school. Go thank your teachers that you learned the quadratic formula! And when your garden is 2√3 by 4√5 you can figure out the area so you can carpet it!

The Third Target is, I can make all of my work boring and uncreative. Most teachers love to teach this one. Teachers always complain about how boring it is to read papers and projects from students, but for some reason, they keep teaching this one. I would hate to see myself actually enjoy writing and essay or actually being passionate about a project. Thankfully my teachers make sure that does not happen!!! :)

The Fourth Target is, I can share my opinion, and then listen to the teacher explain why it is incorrect. This is a favorite of all teachers. Think about it. How many times have you been asked, “What do you think about it?”, or “Write about it, you can’t be wrong.”, of course this was all a ploy by your teacher to get you to spend your valuable time on a worthless essay. After you turn the essay in, you wait a couple weeks, and right when your patience is waning, you get the essay back. When you look at the essay you see that some how an OPINION, was wrong. How was an opinion wrong? Well that is something to ask the teachers of the world. Maybe they didn’t agree, or maybe they just don’t like you, but somehow you where wrong, but remember Learning Target One, Follow orders and don’t question authority.

The Fifth Learning Target is, I can never question authority. Going to school usually is not the highlight of my day and I would venture to guess that it’s not yours either. So, sometimes somebody may break the silence that teachers love so much and say something along the lines of “When are we ever going to use this in life?” Teachers never ever like this question. They hate it when someone actually says something that might go against what they say. Another common time you can use learning target five is when you are “learning” and the teacher is talking on and on about something, some one may have a different opinion, but we all need to learn to survive public school is that THE TEACHER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, think about it how many times have you ever heard a teacher say “Oh, sorry that was wrong”, probably never, because they never are. Why else would they be teaching us, they are the smartest people in the world.

The Sixth Learning Target is, I can teach myself the material. This target is imperative to success in high school. With teachers having tenure, they don’t even have to teach anymore, but thanks to common core, students teach themselves! How great is that! We never have to worry that a teacher might actually teach anymore!

The Seventh Learning Target is,I can make sure that I never bother my teachers. With out this target, you may actually get real help from your teachers, but because of learning target six, teachers can now do nothing and play on their computers all day. That is such a great use of tax payer money! Wow, I want to be a teacher! With kids teaching themselves, teachers no longer have to worry about ever talking to a student again; what a time to be alive.

The Eighth Learning Target is, I can Stress out about my GPA. With so much pressure from parents, teachers and anybody else students are put under constant pressure to get good grades. The students have no time to relive the stress which leads to the Ninth Target.

The Ninth Target is, I can overload myself with stress until I have a mental breakdown. This is a cornerstone of the high school experience, to succeed in this, you need to constantly be asking your teachers for more homework, tests, quizzes, anything at all works. After you have been struggling to complete the assignments, then its simple, just have a mental breakdown, this will be the best high of your life, you will feel depressed and lonely and tired and stressed! So refreshing!

The Tenth Target is, I can learn to hate myself. This is one of the easiest targets to master. Through the wonderful public schools, the creators were so wise, they thought, “Why would we want our priso- I mean students like themselves, they would hate that.” So to fix the problem, they made the current public school system. Here, they make it impossible to like your self, if you get a bad grade, then you are not good enough, if you are not “involved”, you are antisocial, if you don’t dress nice, you are not trying to make friends, if you miss an assignment, you are lazy, and if you do anything wrong at all, you are a disgrace.

The school system is so wonderful, with these ten targets, you can easily navigate your way through school! I am so thankful Common Core invented learning target, they are just so helpful!

Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:15 pm
PickledChrissy wrote a review...

Heya, Chrissy here for a review!

Okay, let's see what I can find...

because with out Learning Targets

Without. Not with out.

High school students are NOT as smart as one may think, in order to help them learn, the districts have decided that it would be better for students to memorize simple statements to make sure they can keep on track such as “I can do addition”, this one was pulled straight out of a high school advanced level math class!

I think you should break that up into multiple sentences. As a example...

High school students are NOT as smart as one may thinks. In order to help them learn, the districts have decided that it would be better for students to memorize simple statements to make sure they can keep on track such as “I can do addition”. This one was pulled straight out of a high school advanced level math class!

My five year old brother can do addition too!

Thankfully my teachers make sure that does not happen!!!

Don't do multiple exclamation marks. One's enough.

but somehow you where wrong,

Ahemm, that would be WERE. ;)

That is such a great use of tax payer money!

Oh, yes. I am sooo happy my family pays as much as they do for a bunch of secondhand educations. If they're paying you to teach the kids and the kids end up having to teach themselves, then something's wrong.

With so much pressure from parents, teachers and anybody else students are put under constant pressure to get good grades. The students have no time to relive the stress which leads to the Ninth Target.

This really should be one sentence. It doesn't sound right all broken up like that.

After you have been struggling to complete the assignments, then its simple, just have a mental breakdown, this will be the best high of your life, you will feel depressed and lonely and tired and stressed! So refreshing!

Need to break up this one too. Example...

After you have been struggling to complete the assignments, then its simple, just have a mental breakdown. This will be the best high of your life, you will feel depressed and lonely and tired and stressed! So refreshing!

Hmm, doesn't sound all that fun, actually. ;)

it impossible to like your self,

Not your self. Yourself.

That's all I could find. Well done! You expressed yourself beautifully. You made your point, and though I don't actually go to public school, I know plenty of people who do, and none of them like 'em.

KEEP WRITING! :D

awkwardadolescent wrote a review...

This is amazing and relatable on levels I cannot express. I relate to EVERY SINGLE point and I must say, you've said what we all were thinking. However, there were a few points I wanted to bring to your notice.

There were a few grammatical errors that could have been easily avoided by reading through your work before publishing. For example:

'“Why would we want our priso- I mean students like themselves, they would hate that.” '

You mean "students to like themselves".

'The students have no time to relive the stress which leads to the Ninth Target.'

You mean relieve.

Tiny mistakes like that, no biggie.

And also, I had a query. Don't the Fifth Target and the First Target mean the same? They're both practically saying that we learn to never question authority.

Apart from these tiny points, I LOVED your Article. I can't wait to read more! :)

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:44 am
Inspiredravens says...

This is awesome! My only comment is that you have a few missed plurals and stuff like the very end

I am so thankful Common Core invented learning target, they are just so helpful!

But other than a few grammatical errors- perfection! I loved it so much!

Keep up the good work and Happy Writing!!

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta