Silk Seduction: RPG

by misspriss

Which do you like better?

1.

This site is based upon the court of King Henry VII in the mid 1500's. None of the actual historical people are here, but the setting is the same. The King, Richard, is twenty years old and as of yet unmarried. The young women of the court are all being paraded around for marriage, their families hoping for a royal grandson. Many women have found themselves his mistress, with nothing to show for it but a spoiled reputation and an illegimate child or two.

Amongst this chaos, two sisters emerge. Adele is the younger one, dark, mysterious and flirtacious- fourteen years old. Arabella (also known as Bell) is the elder, blonde and quiet natured- fifteen years old. Both have caught the king's eye. They turn from loving sisters to fierce rivals, both playing at the chance to marry the King.

Then word comes of a new betrothal of the king to an exotically beautiful French princess Cecile. The king quickly seals the betrothal papers and the princess is brought to England. She is a precious thirteen year old virgin, the perfect little wife. She is quiet, sweet natured, and religious. Within a month of her arrival, she is married to the king.

Despite Richard's apparent lust for his new wife, she remains cold and distant. His interest in her wanes, and his attention begins to wander. Once again Arabella have a shot at the king's favor, as well as any of the other beautiful eligible women in the court.

OR

2.

Transport yourself into the court of King Henry VII. The period is the mid 1500’s. None of the actual historical people are here, but the setting is the same. The young women of the court are being paraded around for marriage, their families hoping for a royal grandson, while the rich men feast their eyes on what they hope to woo and convince to become their own.

Perhaps after marriage they will tire of their brides which have become not so alluring and mysterious, what will they do then? Why, they will find themselves mistresses, of course! And should their faithful wives find out that they have lain with another woman, and continue to, still? The wife will suffer in silence. If they themselves become unfaithful with another man her husband can turn her out of the house wearing nothing but a shift, without a title, and penniless. And rightfully so, others will say. Such are the times. So welcome to a world where money, beauty, lust, and ambition mean everything.

You can create gossip about others, you can have relationships, you can weave your own web of intricate plots with the other writers. Spread the rumors designed to hurt, reveal, or socially ruin them. Play as your character in either or all of the four beautifully described palaces. Each one has its unique quality. Secret passageways. Haunted woods. The ghost of Countess De’Langruite who comes back to wail and mourn her untimely death. You choose. You decide.

tinny wrote a review...

Many women have found themselves his mistress, with nothing to show for it but a spoiled reputation and an illegimate child or two.

Loved that line!

I quite like them both. If you could mix them it'd be really good.

The first seems it seems to have more of a plot linked to it, reading it I see that there are a lot of people after the attention of the king.

This site is based upon the court of King Henry VII in the mid 1500's. None of the actual historical people are here, but the setting is the same.

This confused me, it's about King Richard, but set in the time of King Henry? And then you say it doesn;t involve any historical figures, but then people are all trying to get his attention? It seems to contradict itself here, and left me, as I said, rather confuzled.

Spread the rumors designed to hurt, reveal, or socially ruin them.

I really liked that part of the second one, and this

ghost of Countess De’Langruite who comes back to wail and mourn her untimely death.

Really caught my attention, 'cause you haven;t mentioned the ghost of anyone in the first, and I was all 'Ooo, funky!'

You choose. You decide.

That line always seems so... cheesey XD I think at the least you should drop the italics, but this is my pet peeve, so it might attract people. I don't know.

And I don't think I've been particulary constructive here, sorry XD but, I think a mixture of the two would be really nice, if such a thing is possible.

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice