18+ Language Mature Content

Outlaw - Part Two

by mihaivisan

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language and mature content.

Part One

***

I didn’t pay much attention to her story. Women like her are used to being in the center of attention, so they always have something to talk about. That normally revolves around money, men or both. She started off by introducing herself as Missus Serena Crane, wife of some gentleman whose name and function sounded imposing and important, but which both slipped my mind as soon as she mentioned them. From there on, I drifted off, alternating between imagining her naked body pole dancing and how she would look like if she were to drop the clichéic red dress she was wearing and put on a business suit. It took a lot of willpower to fight those thoughts off and resurface every now and then, but I managed to do it enough times to make an idea about the whole thing.

Her husband was a man well past his prime and she had agreed to be his trophy wife in exchange for a piece of his fortune. There had been no love between them, nor any promise of it ever entering their life. It was nothing more than a business deal. He would become easier on the eye at the parties he was hosting. She would get the status she had always dreamed about. I should’ve found it suspicious how she kept underlining that there was no love between them, but at the time, I was so boozed out of my mind that I thought she was trying to make another point: that she was not out of my reach.

Their arrangement worked like gangbusters; for the first five years, at least. The problems started to poke their ugly mugs when another woman came in the picture. Apparently, her beloved husband had finally fallen in love. Not only that, but he had started abusing her, so much in fact that she had spent a few nights crashing on her girlfriend’s couch. She removed the scarf from around her neck and showed me what clearly looked like strangling marks. I frowned my eyebrows and dropped a swearing that made Marv turn his head.

“You see, Mister Law, what I really want is simple: what he promised me in the first place. A woman like me has no business being alone and without a penny in a world like this. I just want him to keep his end of the bargain and then let me go.”

Well, that seemed like a fair thing to ask. Did I care about her pain? Not one bit. Did I want to take my ass out of the confy, leather bench from my favorite booth and out in the crosshair of some powerful man I had no idea about? Well, I guess you can answer this last one by yourself.

All I knew was that I had spent hours emptying shot after shot of Jack and not one single time had I hit the john. I politely excused myself and headed for the bathroom.

***

I was going to help her. Sort out her mess and get paid and then start steering my own life into a better direction. Missus Crane had made a pact with the money and I one with the alcohol. It was time both me and her cut our losses and start fresh. I would stop being the rebel and actually show up on time for my shifts. Who knows, after a few months of fetching for the boss, he might even consider moving me to a desk job. I would move papers until retirement came and then rent a small place on the beach where I could die of old age.

It all sounded perfect. Maybe even a bit gay. My stomach protested and I had just enough time to bend over the toilet before I puked my guts out. I flushed and smiled as I watched the rests of my dinner going down the drain. In my mind, all that had been rotten inside of me had just gone down with them.

My first step on the path of salvation was agreeing to help poor Missus Crane. I wiped the vomit from the corners of my mouth and washed my face and went to her. She was more than happy to hear my conclusion and I was more than willing to let her give me a tight hug. Her perky breasts pushed against my chest - good God Almighty, I had no idea You could make them little bastards like this! The road to Heaven is paved with good deeds, but I was still wondering on the one leading towards the opposite pole. Good intentions or not, I was still hoping to get inside her as soon as all of this would come to an end.

I decided that the second step would be not letting yet another soul to die on my watch. Keeping the attitude of a mule, I convinced her to let me walk her to the nearest taxi point. The streets were empty at this hour of the night and the darkness had a knack for snatching young ladies right off the face of the earth. She seemed unwilling to accept but did it anyway. I attributed it to my charms, of course.

Sujana wrote a review...

Your work here is spectacular, actually. I really like the vibe of the whole ordeal, the sensuous thoughts of the main character and how even through the amount of objectification her character gets (which is understandable because of who the main character is), her personality still shines somewhat, though not in a very good light.

Something I really liked from this part of the story was how you portrayed the main character. You really used the first person point of view well here, probably better than most people--most people use first person point of view normally, see, like they're using a third person point of view but with the word "I" thrown in the mix. At worst, the first person point of view is used as a crutch to have the main character talk about the story in thought without showing the story itself. But this time, you actually used the first person character well. You made his inner thoughts intriguing and everything that the camera focuses on tells us more and more about the character involved without actually telling us who the character is--we already have a vision of who he is, and that's just great writing in general. Well done on that front.

I apologize if my review is mostly praise, but I will say it is hard to find anything wrong in this work. Maybe it's because I've had a little too much coffee, but everything seems to fall together perfectly stylistically and systematically speaking, and I just love it overall. However, I do have one nitpick, a very minor one, and then I'll leave you at that.

Did I want to take my ass out of the confy, leather bench from my favorite booth and out in the crosshair of some powerful man I had no idea about?

Comfy, not confy. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Great job on this one.

Signing out,

--EM.

mihaivisan says...

thanks for the input, i liked reading your review - not because it was so positive, but because you made some really good points about writing. you should read the first part too, if you want to find out a bit more about the story

StarGazer wrote a review...

Hello! I just came from your first piece, and I have to say they complement each other really well! This fleshed out the unfinished feel I got from the other one, and while I still feel like there's one more part to tell, I know enough to see what will happen. This is written just as well as the other part, and the emotions and personality shine through strongly. What's interesting is in this story you don't really have any likable characters, but I'm still rooting for them. It's an interesting thing to do and I think it works well in your favor. Introducing the woman that he was so tied to as an abuse victim seeking help makes her seem better then she actually is, but I still don't trust her. Why would she go to him instead of the police, or someone better suited to deal with this? This part shines a lot of suspicion on her in addition to fleshing out our main and his life a bit more. He doesn't seem like a nice person, yet I still want him to succeed. Very well done, and I do hope there's more!

mihaivisan says...

i'm glad you liked it, i was about to stop posting, since there was no interest in it

StarGazer says...

Aw, don't do that! You should keep going if you want to! If you don't have any more interest in it you should stop, but don't let other people stop you!

mihaivisan says...

haha, thanks for the kind words, but i wasn't saying i was going to stop writing this story (i actually have a lot of it written on my laptop), just that i was going to stop posting it on YWS

StarGazer says...

Oh! Well, I guess it's up to you. You lose nothing by posting it and you might get some reviews, so unless there's something else you'd rather be posting, I'd say go for it!

What's the point of being a grown-up if you can't be a bit childish sometimes?
— 4th Doctor