z

Young Writers Society



temptation

by lostnspiration


Movement in darkness
I slip out from beneath sordid sheets
The eyes of my tempter follow my body
Agate green and offering
I make my movements slow and sensual
To highten his anticipation
"I'll be back, my love" I whisper softly
He smiles in apreciation
as he watches me walk out the door.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 15

Donate
Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:07 am
Blank_Ink says...



Short, simple, and to the point. I love it.
I also love how you can make me remember some sensual moments of my own. Great writing. :)




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 5

Donate
Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:08 am
Jack Frost wrote a review...



It is nicely written but seems to be a bit confused. At the start you call the sheets 'sordid' which doesn't give the reader the idea of the love that you describe later on. Maybe it's just me missing something though, I'm not too sure. However the opening line I do like and overall still very well written.




User avatar
142 Reviews


Points: 1825
Reviews: 142

Donate
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:13 am
Bella wrote a review...



I like it, but there's also something I don't like about it. Perhaps it's the scene you chose to describe, or the way you described it.

The one part that really bothered me, I think, was the part about "hightening his anticipation". But then the narrator left...which kills the anticipation, doesn't it? Of course, it could just be me...

MERRY WRITING

~Bella~




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:37 am
nothingface says...



i like it, its so unique. hope you eep writing!

M!M! :D




User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 10087
Reviews: 701

Donate
Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 am
bubblewrapped wrote a review...



Short but sweet. You've captured the moment pretty well. I don't like the first line; it adds nothing to the poem, and I would think seriously about adding some punctuation. It would really help the flow if you added a few full stops et al and removed the capitals, except where a new sentence begins.

Another idea might be to play with the enjambment a little and try to work it so that the formatting adds to the picture - that is, enhance the tone by slowing down the pace and making it more seductive. It's rather blunt as it stands now, which detracts from the image you're presenting.

Cheers,
~bubbles




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 196

Donate
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Lady Sydney wrote a review...



Nice flow and rhythm with this, but I don't get it. :? lol I don't think that it was your lack of skill that has me confused, it's just me personally. My mind's been mush all day from school. But, this was really good based on what I did understand, so excellent job. :)

~*Sydney*~




User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 22481
Reviews: 558

Donate
Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:43 pm
Matt Bellamy wrote a review...



Two p's in appreciation. I really like this. It's short, simple, but at the same time very descriptive. Also it's not too short - it doesn't leave us hanging. It seems to look at an evening, and just take a few seconds out of it, yet quite compelling, for want of a better word. Good work.





Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria