z

Young Writers Society



My very short simple story

by lexy


Once upon a time I met a lie.

She told me that I was not the truth. That I should rebuke and convert to her religion.

She made "positive" criticism

About my life.

I told the lie to DIE.

I stabbed her in the back and let her bleed to death.

Because the truth never lies.

The truth is the truth is the truth and nothing but the truth.

The end

p.s And they lived happily ever after.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
820 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 820

Donate
Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:32 pm
Myth wrote a review...



Lexy,

You could try adding to this. Right now it looks much like a brief outline and all you have to do is get characters involved, a short story works well if you don't want it to go too far.

The truth is the truth is the truth and nothing but the truth.


What a mouthful, it reminds me of a sentence Lemony Snicket repeated in The Bad Beginning.

I stabbed her in the back and let her bleed to death.


Maybe I'm a sadist but I laughed at this.

-- Myth




User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 171

Donate
Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:51 am
lexy says...



well you would brad.




User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 am
Incandescence wrote a review...



lexy--


I had two reactions to this: one was to laugh maniacally and put it out of mind; the other was to wretch at the thought that you claim to be seventeen. Abundant grammatical and spelling errors are simply unacceptable at this level.

I do not know what the other users saw that was "deep" or "unique" about this, since it's neither of the two. It's nonsensical and stupid, at best. Unless you were trying to make the reader feel existential despair at the thought of this being considered "serious" literature, you have failed as a writer at the most rudimentary levels of language.

For the record: posting something in a literary forum does not make it literary.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the work you have posted thus far has been well below the average level of work at the YWS. You might find www.poetry.com or www.pathetic.com a better place to start your future endeavors.


Best of luck,
Brad




User avatar
376 Reviews


Points: 16552
Reviews: 376

Donate
Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:00 am
Trident says...



Sorry, I can't say I really liked this piece. It was too, well, substanceless. There is no story. At first, it looked like there was going to be some profoundness... then it never came.




User avatar
381 Reviews


Points: 1144
Reviews: 381

Donate
Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:58 am
Fand wrote a review...



This is a story?

*raises eyebrows skeptically*

Looks more like a rant to me.... Please do not post works on this forum unless you are serious about writing. The Young Writer's Society was not created as a dumping ground for things like this, but rather as a venue where serious writers can work on and improve their craft. Frankly, I can't even see a way in which this could be salvaged, much less transformed into a successful piece of prose. Or poetry, for that matter.




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 5

Donate
Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:48 am
Dream_Big says...



wierd....in a good way.....but very cool

(I personally like the part that goes on and on about truth.....)




User avatar
566 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 566

Donate
Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:02 pm
miyaviloves wrote a review...



I really like this, im finding your work very unique and deep, but yesi agree maybe it should be in the poetry section :) BUt very well done to you (again) :)




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 5

Donate
Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:34 am



i really liked it. and i personally loved the little P.S. thing, but that's just me. i don't think it belongs in the fiction section though, like most people are saying...most definately prose.




User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 171

Donate
Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:25 am
lexy says...



its NOT poetry, lol.
Its fiction.
And the reason it is a happy ending is because the fact that the lie died!
Lol, the lie was a baddy and so it died.
ok??? lol.
Thanks for your comments.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 335

Donate
Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:36 am
Fireweed says...



I think this is definitely more like poetry than fiction...




User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 171

Donate
Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:34 am
lexy says...



for your critiques :) lol




User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:26 pm
Emerson wrote a review...



It's an interesting work. I like the idea of it, you can sense a plot but its....hard to follow. I only have two suggestions.

The truth is the truth is the truth and nothing but the truth.
this is kind of annoying, and wavers on cliche IMHO.

And I think you should take out 'ps they lived happily ever after' how could they? The lie died!




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 31

Donate
Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:32 pm
cathy says...



i like it. i would like it better if

the end
and
p.s they lived happily ever after
wern't they because they sort of through you off at the end. keep writing though!




User avatar
161 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 161

Donate
Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:15 am
Cassandra wrote a review...



If I may ask--why did you rate this as "R"? It certainly doesn't seem to me to contain any adult content.

And perhaps this would be better suited in the poetry forums? Seemed more like verse than prose. Or maybe you could take this idea you have going and shape it into a poem?

Just an idea. :)




User avatar


Points: 890
Reviews: 4

Donate
Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:49 pm



Ohh I see.

This piece is very uhhm unique in its own right.
Not quite sure what it is supposed to portray other than your straight and narrow path in life.
Hmmm...
Will have to think about this one...





The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler